Friday Free for all Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 1/13/11 6:48 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all thank God it is Friday this week has been nuts, Glad it is over.
Very cold out there today so bundle up.

As for me? No formal excericise other than moving furniture.
And my food is well? Up in the air? Did that cover everything Norm?

Working today then have alot of chore to do, Trying to decide if I should go to York to meet a HS friend for dinner, she will be in the area celebrating her College Roomies 40th. Not sure what to do as I will be in NC in one month and see her then and I am so busy. But I dont want to offend her.

Looks like there could be snow tomorrow evening which could be a big Pain in the ass for me and many others! Guess we will see what happens and reschedule if necessary,

Have a great day you all
jojobear98
on 1/13/11 7:47 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Morning Nic, I am glad it's friday too!

I got up early to finish up a few assignments for my speech class. I will jump in the shower soon, as we are taking all the kiddos to the Farm show today.

I am down 4 pounds this week. I am pleased with that. I adjusted a few things and it seems to be paying off.

I am working a few hours this evening then going home to bed because I have to be in Harrisburg in the morning at 9. And I have to work again tomorrow evening.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Liz R.
on 1/13/11 8:08 pm - Easton, PA
Good MOrning All

I am at wor****il 11 today, Chris is bringing me Amelia and we are going to visit a friend. After that just home to relax and clean.
lynnc99
on 1/13/11 8:15 pm
Good morning PA! I am still in FL until next THursday. FInally got the hang of working from here, but am taking a vacation day today (well, part of a day) and picking up my BFF at the airport at noon for a weekend visit.

It's been chilly here - but even as I pull on socks and a jacket, I remind myself that "chilly" in south FL is warmer than the HIGH temps in PA lately!

I have been working on the house here like crazy. It is 100% "there" I think, at least until I am ready to paint (which truthfully can hang on for a year or so, so not a biggy). And I have found a few treasures in the area, like a cool little farmers market where I bought fresh veggies and some cut flowers.

Take it easy everyone! Cruise on in to the weekend!
Sansobel
on 1/13/11 8:32 pm - Coatesville, PA
Today is the last day of my weird work schedule due to my moms radiation treatments.  I'm extremely happy she is at the last ones and its looking good for her. 

Tonight I'm heading out to Medieval Dance (which I have not gone to in ages and cannot wait). 

I'm a food slacker today.. forgot to bring my snack and its sitting on the counter at home.. but luckily I keep pouches of tuna and protein rich foods in my desk... so will adjust.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sandra           
Lisa H.
on 1/13/11 8:39 pm - Whitehall, PA
well Happy Friday everyone.......

I hope the snow holds off.   I have lots of great plans for the weekend.  

After work today, I need to pick up a few things for Sunday's Tastefully Simple party -- you're all coming, right??   I also need to do a bit more cleaning for then since I (hopefully) won't be home too much tomorrow.

I also want to get my nails done.  1 of them is completely off and another split across the middle yesterday when I was putting my sneaker on.. OWWWWWW  It still hurts, so I hope they can fix it without causing too much extra pain. 

Tomorrow will be jam packed.. synagogue in the morning, Lola's birthday party in the afternoon, wedding festivities at night.. and depending on timing, I was also invited to another get together tomorrow night but we'll see what happens with that.  That is not priority. 

Sunday is my Tastefully Simple party, like I said so I will have to prepare a few items in the morning and get ready for guests.  Check my FB invite for the link if you cannot make it but still want to order. 

Hope everyone's Friday goes fast.. Great weekend coming up!

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 1/13/11 8:47 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - at work this morning. New crew on at my fav Micky D's this morning and the dumb-dumbs got my sugar free vanilla iced coffee WRONG. Two sips and I knew it was NOT sugar free syrup they used, so had to dump the whole thing and am now drinking regular hot coffee. I'm bummed.

Work today - have to do some housework tonight but dinner is made - made a crockpot full of chili yesterday so we'll have that again tonight. Since WLS that has become one of my favorite meals - packed with protein and very little fat.

Tomorrow morning I have a 9:30 nail appt - got a wild hair this week and took them all off - now I have stubs, which are not pretty. From there I think I'll scoot into HomeGoods and spend my lovely little gift card that I got from a manager here as an 'appreciation' gift. Tomorrow night we're having friends over for dominoes (and wine).

Sunday we may run down to an ex-manager's house for a football open house - he and his wife are packing it in up here and heading south, so not sure when we'd see them again.

And that's my morning update.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Decolady
on 1/13/11 8:50 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Kathy, could you share your crockpot chili recipe?  I still don't have the hang of cooking in the crockpot...
THANKS
Deb

dit657
on 1/13/11 9:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
It's embarrassingly simple and really my own concoction - simmering on low in the crockpot is the key to the wonderful flavor, tho. For a big batch I use...

2 lbs lean ground beef
3 cans Hunts Spicy & Zesty spaghetti sauce
2 large cans Hanover kidney beans
1 packet of mild chili seasoning (you can use medium or hot if you like things spicy)
1/2 tsp chili powder

Brown the ground beef and drain any fat. Mix everything together in the crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours.

Last night I made a packet of instant brown rice to go with it. I only use a little of the rice but my husband likes a lot of rice with it. Tonight I'll make some Dreamfields elbow macaroni to go with it, but I'll skip that - hubby likes it, tho.

This time I cooked the ground beef the night before - sometimes I'll chop a small onion in with it - and then just refrigerated it overnight since I put everything in the crockpot yesterday morning before I came to work.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
kgoeller
on 1/13/11 9:48 pm - Doylestown, PA
Deb,

Here are a few of my chili recipes that I toss into the crockpot (I brown the meat in teh skillet, then plop everything in the crockpot for a few hours to finish...).  Enjoy!

Turkey and White Bean:  http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=9491 16

Turkey with Corn and Black Beans:  recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp

Easy Turkey and Beef Chili with Beans:  recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp

Enjoy!

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views