Thursday Roll Call / exercise / Menu/ Catch All Thread

Liz R.
on 1/12/11 11:17 pm - Easton, PA
I have thanks - they are yummy!! I just desperately need to grocery shop and had to stop for something this morning - my options were bagel or Burger king
swedeville1
on 1/12/11 9:34 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
That-a-boy Norm, way to stick it to the man!  I like your style.

Today sucks ass already.  Last night half the power went out in my house.  Its not a fuse issue so I was stumped.  I had to call in an electrician (goodbye $100, nice knowing you) to trouble shoot it for me.  Over the phone he said it may be a problem with Allegheny Power, meaning that im not getting enough electricity into the house.  I dont know whats going on (which ****** me off!).  Jen is at home with the kids and she will have to be my eyes and ears today when the electrician comes.  Lets hope its an easy fix.  At least the furnace is still working so there is heat for the house.  

Also, some of you may remember that when I was in the hospital last summer after my bypass complications, they did a colonoscopy and found a mass.  I did my follow up scope yesterday and here is what the GI doctor said: "I removed a mass (polyp) which was located around where your colon turns into the small intestine.  Its a very uneven type of surface and I couldnt remove everything attatched to the wall, so I took three tissue samples to send off for testing.  Its a 50/50 chance whether we will have to remove those areas (read cancer) or not.  If we do have to remove them we will have to do it laproscopically."  I wont know the test results for a week.  So, it looks like I have something interesting to think about for the next 7 days.  Joyful.

Thats all for me folks!  I hope everyone has a nice snowy day.

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 1/12/11 9:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Swede - hope everything comes out A-OK on the tests.

Hugs, Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 1/12/11 10:25 pm - Whitehall, PA
wow, Todd.. sounds like you do have a lot on your plate right now, too. 

I hope everything works out ok.  I'll be thinking of you.

My tracker

hers 

jojobear98
on 1/12/11 10:32 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Luck with the power issues!

Thoughts and Prayers for healthy test results!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

spazzdak
on 1/12/11 11:19 pm
 Hope you get the good side of those odds. Sending you good juju and a big hug!
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

kgoeller
on 1/13/11 1:04 am - Doylestown, PA
Power issues suck - hope that ends up being something easy and quickly fixed (and inexpensive!)!

I'll be sending good thoughts your way on the colonoscopy, as well.  It's always unsettling to deal with uncertainty, especially with something like that.  I'm hopeful that you'll be on the "good" side of those odds.  The bright side is that if they do have to remove anything they can do it laparascopically, which means much quicker healing time and less chance of infection.  I'll definitely be keeping you in my thoughts, though - and keep us posted.

Hugs.

Karen
IdaMae D.
on 1/13/11 8:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Power issues are a pain, they drive Gene nuts.  I stay away from him during those times :-)

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your test.

Ida

IdaMae

steffihope
on 1/12/11 9:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I am sooooo with Jodi on this one - and Lisa for that matter - you, Norm,  are truly an attention seeking, zuma blitz losing, thread stealing *****just saying!    (but your wife is awesome!)

HA HA HA!  So - I am sitting in my classroom today in a skirt that was a bit tight to zip up today - so NOT happy about that - I zipped it, but I really thought I had left those days behind me - turns out - not so much....UGH!  I hate that food IS my life!  Anyway - I have two students working on homework that they were struggling with and a thrid just walked in thinking that the bell rang - it did not - just shoot me now - it is going to be one of those days.........

After school, I am headed to the pool - I did NOT go yesterday - I just sat my big old ass at home and enjoyed the snow day and took a nap instead - and here I wonder why my skirt is tight....silly silly me!

Tonight, home to talk with Larry before dinner and Emily has a brownie meeting tonight.  Looking forward to this weekend - lots of exciting plans for me and my friends!

Happy Thursday y'all!
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 1/12/11 9:46 pm

Glad to know you are eating today since no one ate yesterday except me and Ida.  Here is my plan:  http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=MrsKarad as

Very itchy today, small sutchers come out tomorrow, then 4 days later the larger ones.  I am still very happy with my results.  I think its given me a european look.  Well see how it changes when the swelling goes down.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views