Hey U's Guys

Laureen S.
on 1/11/11 9:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning,

Thankful this morning that I don't live in Boston, where they might get 1 to 2 feet, there was about 6 inches of the fluffy white stuff in my yard this morning. . .  anyway, cleaned off my car, my roomies and the elderly woman who lives next door this morning, while my roommate shovelled and while I was heading out the door this I got a call from one of my OFF Sistahs (Over Fifty Forum here on Obesity Help), inquiring as to how I am, as I have stirred people's curiosity since I have not been online in over a week, then I pop in here and see Cheryl missed me. . .

BUSY!  My son told me just last week (or was it the week before, so busy can't keep track), that I'm busier than most executives he knows. . . 

Work has been incredibly busy, so it can be hard to steal time to visit with you all, though you are never far from my mind and heart.  I joined Planet Fitness, as I needed to get back to doing what works in order to lose my regain weight (20 lbs total from my lowest weight), along with making right food choices, before I get totally miserable, and, of course, there is my AA meetings, so most nights when I arrive home (between 8 and 9 o'clock), the last thing I'm thinking is getting on the computer, unless it is to play a quick game of bejeweled, you know, mind checkout time. . . However, I used my Xmas gift certificates and Tony helped some, so I did get a new laptop, that I can now sit on my couch with, but hard to type and pet Roxie girl, who is feeling neglected by her Mom lately, matter of fact I have not yet seen my grandchildren this New Year 2011, maybe I can do it tonight, I will contact my DIL to find out availability. . .

So there you have it my friends, my life in a nutshell and believe me that is a hard nut to crack. . .

Not sure I can catch up with you all, so please post and let me know what I've missed for the past almost two weeks, this way I can see what you all have been doing. . .

Love and miss you when I can't be here. . .

Prayers to those in need and even when I am not here, please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jojobear98
on 1/12/11 1:33 am - Gettysburg, PA
Good to hear from you. I don't post much myself but always look forward to reading your posts. having a busy life can be great, as long as you aren't neglecting yourself. Take care, and glad you checked in.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

spirit56
on 1/12/11 2:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
     Glad to hear from you.  Lukily I got a day off from school today.  I was shocked that Philly schools were closed but I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.  Happy to hear that you are working out at Planet fitness.  I got back to Zumba class last Friday night and boy did I feel out of shape.  It's amazing what 3 weeks away from exercies can do to you.  Looking forward to seeing you on 2/5 at Barix's First Saturday meeting.  Take care.

Love, Donna 
dit657
on 1/12/11 8:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
OK Laureen, I'm exhausted just reading your posts and how busy your life is!! Glad to hear you're doing okay - hope you get to see the grands soon - I miss mine terribly but they're out in stinking Seattle. Maybe they'll be back on the east coast this summer...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Take care...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views