Well.... An opportunity has arisen!

Liz R.
on 1/11/11 12:09 am - Easton, PA
Dr Brader's office just called to see if I would do a cooking demonstration for their february support group! It is Thursday Feb 3rd at 7pm at their office - SO excited!!!!

Now to figure out what to cook! lol
steffihope
on 1/11/11 12:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
WAHOO!!!!  You go you cooking machine! :)
kgoeller
on 1/11/11 12:13 am - Doylestown, PA
VERY cool!!!!  You rock, girl!

Enjoy the experience!

Karen
Decolady
on 1/11/11 12:50 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Perfect for you!  Congrats!
Lisa H.
on 1/11/11 12:54 am - Whitehall, PA
well deserved!!

My tracker

hers 

jojobear98
on 1/11/11 1:02 am - Gettysburg, PA
Liz, that is awesome! Congrats!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

bvohl
on 1/11/11 1:11 am
Liz,

I am sure whatever you make it will be DELISH!! What about the cheeseburger pie? That is one of my all time favorites!!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Decolady
on 1/11/11 10:51 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Beth, I just now finished making a cheeseburger pie!  While it is very good, I think it is too mustard-y.  The recipe I have calls for 1/4 cup each of BBQ sauce and spicy mustard.  I think it needs a bit more BBQ and less mustard.  But it's a keeper for sure!
THANKS
Deb

Lisa H.
on 1/11/11 6:31 pm - Whitehall, PA
The one I (and now Beth) use calls for mustard powder and no BBQ sauce.  You can really alter it in any way to suit your likings.  Here it is:

Cheeseburger Pie

This is a basic recipe...you could add any sort of veggies, different meats, interesting cheeses to make it new. Think of your favorite burger and put those ingredients in. I topped mine with spicy ketchup and dill chips.

I've thought that a Teriyaki one with pineapple and red onions would be yum. A Cowboy burger with some pinto beans mixed into the meat and BBQ sauce slathered on top under the cheese. How about some blue cheese crumbled in and roasted garlic. Or do a Greek olive/feta combo. Use your imagination, kids!

Serve this with a fresh and crispy green salad and the family won't miss the BUNS!

Vegetable Cooking Spray
1 pound ground beef OR 1 pkg. Morningstar Crumbles
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil (IF USING VEGGIE MEAT)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon Adobo seasoning OR 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/3 cup crushed cheese or buttery crackers (OR bread crumbs)
One 6-ounce can tomato soup, undiluted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a deep dish pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
Over medium-high heat brown meat or veggie meat (with olive oil) and onion and peppers. Drain if using beef. Stir in oregano, Adobo, salt, black pepper, cracker crumbs, and soup. Pour into the greased pie plate. Set aside.

CHEESE TOPPING

1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (or any variety you like)

In a small bowl mix together the egg, milk, salt, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese. Pour over the burger mixture, spreading cheese to cover top completely. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is set and golden. Makes 10 servings.

Per Serving: 293 Cal; 20 g Protein; 16 g Tot Fat; 6 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 2 g Sugar; 297 mg Sodium

My tracker

hers 

DianeMarie
on 1/11/11 2:12 am - Delmont, PA
 You ROCK Liz!  I'm so proud and excited for you!  You should seriously consider writing a cookbook for Bariatric Surgery patients.
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views