Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 1/6/11 7:11 pm, edited 1/6/11 8:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

Where is the snow?????? I had hoped to work from home. Instead I'm up and getting ready to head to the office.

UPDATE: Left the house at 6:45am in an attempt to drive to work. Due to some inconsiderate and less than adequate drivers, I had to slam on my brakes and slid into the curb, I am now home in my warm comfy den working it is 7:50am, took me approx. an hour to drive 12.9 miles.

Yesterday was very challenging at work. Other departments insisting on changing one of my long standing initiatives. I finally had to push back and say to my director, no we can't do that and then proceed to write up all the reasoning for "no". Today there will be a meeting involving all the parties expecting these unattainable additions to go over the reasons for "no".

Today work till it looks as if I need to leave the office if the roads start to look challenging. I will probably hit the road after my 1pm meeting if it is snowing then.

After work not sure what's happening at this point. Depends on the weather if I'm heading straight home or running errands.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

Sansobel
on 1/6/11 7:57 pm - Coatesville, PA
I have snow I have snow.  woohoo for snow.  Not alot of snow but i have snow.  :-)

I also have a sinus infection.  so excited about that one.  Its 110% better today though.  I got to the doc and they gave me some of the good stuff to get me through. 
SoI'm back to work today and have a ton o stuff on my plate.

Gym will be on the agenda tonight and some laundry. 

Ida:  good luck with the meeting. 

Sandra           
Liz R.
on 1/6/11 8:06 pm - Easton, PA
Ida - Good for you standing up for yourself!!

I made it into work OK this morning, took about 10 minutes longer then usual. I am fighting some kind of a cold so that makes me move even slower! lol Would have LOVED to stay in bed and snuggle with my Smunchkin but well I am here.

AFter work stopping to get a prescprition filled them home to snuggle Amelia. My goal for the weekend is to NOT leave my house! I have laundry to put away, food prep to do and "de-christmasing" to complete.

Have a good day all and safe travels!
Lisa H.
on 1/6/11 8:30 pm - Whitehall, PA
We have snow.. it looks like there might be about an inch out there.  School is closed for most of my area since it is supposed to come down harder as the morning goes on.  I still don't think it will get too bad, but I guess since it's Friday, they are just taking advantage and closing. 

Today would have been my mom's 72nd birthday.  She always drove in the snow, but was afraid to walk for fear of falling.  I'm not sure how she made it to her car, but she never really stayed home b/c of the weather... lol.   I'll be thinking of my mom often, as I have to put the date in a number of places on a daily basis.    I wish she had gotten to live long enough to see what Siehara and I have done over the past 4 1/2 years since her death.   But, I know she is proud of both of us!

Anyway, today has me working til whenever....

David asked if we were coming for dinner tonight.  The answer to that will be based on how Siehara is feeling (she came home from school sick yesterday and was going to stay home today had school not been closed).  It will also depend on how much snow we get.  I would like to go over there.  We haven't hung out there in a while and I feel like I have been using them too much for babysitting duty more often than I would like.

This weekend will be busy one, so I hope the roads are cleared.

Tomorrow in services, Siehara will be chanting one of the prayers.  It is a way they have them practice for when they are Bat Mitzvahed.. It gets them more comfortable with praying in front of the congregation.   After that, we are headed north to celebrate Marshall's 1st birthday with Tanya and his family!!  From there, I am driving Siehara into Voorhees, NJ so she can sleep over at a camp friend's house.  They are having a camp reunion at Sahara Sam's on Sunday so they will go there together.   I think that I am hanging out with a friend after that since I will be sans child for the night.  

Sunday, I will be trekking back to NJ and hanging with my name sake and her angel for a few hours before going to pick Siehara up from her camp reunion.    From there, we will head home and relax for the rest of the day. 

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 1/6/11 8:46 pm - Lancaster, PA
we have about an inch or so but when it is melting it is icing over that is causing the problems here.

I made it to work fine,. we have alot to do today so will be busy. Still working on cat intergration, helping a friend out with a hard divorce tonight. Got alot of work work and house work to do this weekend to start getting ready for the many events and visitors we will be having,

Good for you Ida sometimes you just have to put your foot down!
dit657
on 1/6/11 9:20 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Ida. We got your snow down here in southern Delaware county. I also attempted to drive into work but when I got to route 202 and it wasn't clear and still snowing I turned around and came home. Last year I drove into work on a day like this only to find the office empty and my boss texting me telling me to go home. Not sure what's happening today but I can take a vacation day I'd needed. It's just not worth having an accident or getting hurt.

So since I have this little bonus day I am going to start 'dechristmasing' as Liz puts it. Guess I'll start in the bedrooms and work my way thru the house from there. It takes me a while because I'll do super cleaning along the way.

Not much on our agenda this weekend. Have to make a major grocery run Sunday morning - cupboards are bare!!

Stay safe and warm out there folks. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 1/6/11 9:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
HEE HEE HEE!!!!!  I am sooo giddy with this weather! I drove in without too much difficulty - I took my time and ignored all the idiots on the road.  I even stopped at Wawa to pick up some milk for my oatmeal this morning.  I just love this!  And - a few years ago Larry bought for me snow chains for my shoes - they are so fun to use! :)  (He used to make fun to me when I would walk in the snow with snow poles.....I was only a LITTLE worried about falling.....)

So - I am pretty excited about my swim yesterday - got myself back to my mile and felt DAMNED good after!  I am going to see about this afternoon.  I am at school today - depending on the way the weather looks after - I will try again to get to the pool.  I have no plans this evening.  I need to get Molly to Macy's tomorrow to look for dresses for her Bat Mitzvah and for me too.  That is all.  Larry is working all weekend.  Then the next two for me are crazy busy with fun stuff.....so - need to get things done this weekend.

Hope your Friday is FABULOUS and white! :)
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/11 10:33 pm
Macy's is having a huge sale tomorrow! I hope you can find dresses. I got one the other night but think I will show it to you ahead time to make sure it is ok to wear that day. Don't want to mess up my first Bat Mitzvah!
bvohl
on 1/6/11 10:21 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Well, todays commute took about an hour....20 minutes longer than usual! The roads weren't too bad until I got into Pennsauken and Camden, where they don't do ANYTHING!! I slid a couple of times but I am a defensive driver (thanks to AAA) and was able to not hit anyone or anything! Then I spent about 10 minutes waiting to get into my school parking lot! AARRGGHH!!!!!!!!! So needless to say I was a bit late, but so were other people!

Yesterday, since I was off I took advantage and had a MAJOR baking day! I made SIX types of cookies. They are all labeled and put in the freezer for future use....the rejects went to hubby which he said were really good! My friend Cindy came over and tasted my pb cookies and said, I cannot believe these are sugar free! then proceeded to ask for a glass of milk to go with her cookie! I am getting pretty good at this baking thing, I can thank my mom for that!! THANKS MOM!! I also have to thank Lynn for the mixer, IT IS AWESOME!!

Today is wor****il 3pm, unless they let us out early? YEAH RIGHT!! Then I need to stop off for gas, then home to relax. Pick up the girls at school and they will have play time til whenever....

TGIF!!
Be Careful out there, it is slippery!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/11 10:40 pm
What a nice day it is! Made it to work just took a few extra minutes to get here I didn't pack a breakfast or lunch so I went to Wawa for breakfast.

Last night I got home had it in my mind I wanted to go out with Dennis to Maggie's for dinner so of course we did. It was nice and we enjoy it there then came home cuddle in jammies to watch our Thursday night shows. That is the one nght we both love teh same line up so we laughed our butts off at Big Bang Theory.

Today Den left for work a little early because of weather with no idea what time he will be home since New York is getting hit way harder then we are with the is snow. Then we will veg at home because I have to work a double DJ shift tomorrow in between jobs I asked Den to meet me for dinner so we can atleast see each other. Sunday my plan is to not leave the house till football time then head to the Big Dog Pub to watch the game with family.

Would it be too much to ask to get out of this place early today????

Life is good
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views