Here I go Again!! This time I am gonna be a loser!!

Nicole S.
on 1/5/11 11:49 pm - York Haven, PA
Hi Pa Boards!!

I am not new at WLS...to sum up my story...I had lap band in May of 2008 and loss a total of 60 pounds.  Had one fill and then half of that taken out and in Aug had 2 surgeries in less than 24 hours.  First one was to reposition the band because it slipped and my stomach came up thru it from vomitting.  Was in worse pain after that surgery than I was right before it.  Talked to my original surgeon and he couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again so after a lot of soul searching had him remove it. 

Well here I am 3 years later....not quite back up to where I was before the lap band but pretty darn close and depressed once again.  I should of had RNY to begin with but hubby couldnt support me like I needed him to...he was scared of the procedure.  BUT this time I am doing it for me first and then becuz I have 4 children and want to be more mobile with them and live long enough to see my grandchildren.

I took the first step on Monday and called The Weight Loss Center.....nurse is waiting to talk to my original surgeon who will be in on Monday to see how he wants me to be registered...as a new patient or as a revision.  I am looking to have surgery in the summer because I babysit during the school year and with having it done in the summer my older kiddos will be home to help me recover.

That is my story and I look forward to your support and friendship as I travel down this road once again!!  This time I AM GONNA BE A LOSER!!! :)

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

dit657
on 1/6/11 12:07 am - Boothwyn, PA

Sorry to hear the band didn't work out for you, but glad you're not giving up and looking into other options - that's wonderful!! Wishing you all the best with your RNY - I had considered the band over RNY but at the center where I had my surgery done my BMI was too high for the band, and now I'm happy that it was. I know there are a lot of very successful banders out there, but I don't think it would have been the right choice for me.

Best of luck to you on your journey!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 1/6/11 1:33 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thanks for posting and welcome home!  good for you for making the decision you think is best for you.  If we dont take of ourselves no one else will.  Keep posting and keep us updated!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole S.
on 1/6/11 2:17 am - York Haven, PA
Thanks Swede!! :)

Sansobel
on 1/6/11 6:22 am - Coatesville, PA
welcome to the boards and congrats on the recommit.  These decisions we make do effect our families but I agree that the decision on how to get you to where you need to be has to be selfish.  You have to do the things that you know YOU can do.  you will have to live this way forever and make that commitment.  It is not up to your surrounding folks to do these things for you.  It absolutely helps if they are on board and helping but again you have to do the work.  Maybe you can take your husband to some support group meetings.  Sometimes fear is caused by lack of knowledge about something. 

Just some random thought.  Again.  Welcome
Sandra           
Nicole S.
on 1/6/11 9:28 am - York Haven, PA
Thanks Sansobel....we have been to some support group meetings....his real hang up is long term....because of the restructuring does if effect your health in the long term in a bad way.  He is a CPA so he has a very antilitical (sp) mind!!  I love him to death though....he is one hell of a man and I know in the long run he will give me all the support I need.  I look forward to getting to know everyone on here and share!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views