2010. My year that was

Cherish F.
on 1/1/11 3:25 am, edited 1/1/11 3:27 am - Philadelphia, PA

Reflecting on 2010.
Six months of work and learning to get myself ready for WLS. Just to realize that I will be working and learning this for the rest of my life.
May 12, 2010 - I had my guts re arranged and my life changed forever.
Spent quite a bit of June and July miserable, wondering exactly what I'd done to myself.
Spent August absolutely thrilled with how amazing I felt and how every day I could see/feel the changes I was going through.
October and November were the great shed. Lost a ton of hair, but thankfully it was evenly lost. It's growing back now, in funny little tuft's at the top of my head. Little fly aways that I can't get to smooth down. Lol.
Over the past seven months I've lost 107 pounds and gone from a size 26/28 to a 14. Amazing. And it's possibly a 12 as some of my 14's are getting big!
I actually own t-shirts and sweaters that are larges. Me, a large. Comfortably.
For Christmas I received a gift of workout clothes. A medium pair of yoga pants, a large tank top and a large t shirt. They all fit.

I have met some amazing people through OH. And that includes those of you I haven't actually me IRL. I treasure every bit of wisdom and humor you have given me over the past 7 months. Special shout out to Cyd here. I love you, and never would have gone through this on my own. Thank you.  

As for 2011 - well I need to get my butt focused on food again. As I've been able to eat more variety, I've found myself eating less. Some kind of defense mechanism I know. "Better to not eat than to eat the wrong thing." I have to stop this. I have to start planning meals again. And tracking. And not relying on protein shakes to get me through a day.

And, of course, exercise. I hate it. Always have. At some point I need to learn that I can hate it and still do it.  

Again- thank you for all you have supported me and taught me over this year. Just over 5 months to my one year surgiversary, and I can't wait to celebrate it with you!!!

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Sansobel
on 1/1/11 5:02 am - Coatesville, PA
Congrats on a great year you have had and what a great year to look forward to.  Don't worry.. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise myself.  It makes it easier to do though when you aren't carrying another person.

Again Congrats!!!
Sandra           
IdaMae D.
on 1/1/11 6:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
congratulations on your year in review. 
I too hate exercise.
Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 1/1/11 12:10 pm
Cherish,

GREAT Reflections for your year of changes!! The best part of this journey is meeting people and making friends that "get it"! I, for one, am so glad that we became friends!!

SO DARN PROUD OF YOU!!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Maura M.
on 1/1/11 1:30 pm - Yardley, PA
WOW!!  Your progress and accomplishments are amazing!  Looking forward to the upcoming year as well.  Let me know when you are ready for some 12's!

xoxo,

Maura!
Maura

Cherish F.
on 1/2/11 12:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for kindness eveyone!!!

Maura - you have 12's? I would defintilely love anything you can spare, and Cyd is right behind me in size, so they would go to her next. I'm sure I'll see you soon, either at Liz's or First Saturday in February.

Beth - mwah!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views