** NYE - 2011, Friday Roll Call **

swedeville1
on 12/31/10 12:05 am - Mount Pleasant, PA

Holy crap, where do I start?  First off, Hi Steffi and my other pa friends.  2010 has been and unbelievable year for me.  The entire year has revolved around my journey to becoming a healthier and skinnier person.  I began this process in December of 2009 and the 6 month diet and approval process started.  I remember vividly tracking all of my food in a food journal and sweating bullets worrying if I was going to do all the right things in order to get approved.  Finally got the approval in May and the surgery was scheduled for July 29.  I'm sure you all remember but I had to battle through some complications and I eventually made it home and have gotten skinnier and stronger every day.  Since that day in December of 09 when I made the call to my insurance company to see how to get this ball rolling I have lost 125 pounds and I think I have gained 125 friends in the process.  I seriously love you guys and I consider myself blessed that I have all of you to lean on and learn from.  Thanks for being there for me with prayers, encouragement, compliments, and ass kicking.  I need them all.  Stay strong everyone and I hope 2011 brings you if not everything you want then at least everything you need. 

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

steffihope
on 12/31/10 3:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
  That prety muchsomes up what I am thinking at the moment! Love you too and am glad you are feeling so reflective today!  Happy New Year! :)
IdaMae D.
on 12/31/10 1:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi & PA:

Happy New Years Eve wishing you all many blessing for a Safe New Years Eve celebration for those of you traveling out on the roads tonight.

Wow what a year of changes for both Gene and I.  Gene's retirement and the start of his new career.  Both of us graduating me with my BS, Gene with his doctoratal degree.  Getting back into the church, Gene pursuing part time pastoring opportunities, my promotion at work, our weight loss, my continuing weight loss, and Gene's continuing struggles with his weight loss and weight maintenance.  Then me going back for an MBA and also taking a Medical Coding class that will lead to my certification.  Now the hard part begins for me, the maintenance of my weight loss.  This is the longest in my adult life that I've remained this thin for this long, I keep getting on the scale expecting to see a 10 pound weight gain a week as is the norm for me when I do loose weight.  So far so good.  I continue with my struggles to balance life and exercise, but I do manage to get in some minimal exercise.  Gene is also struggling to balance live and exercise but his exercise is currently non-existant.  Hopefully 2011 will help us both find that balance.   

Gene and I had a lazy morning today, laid in bed and just talked and caught up on everything going on in both of our lives.  Very nice morning so far.  Up and ready to go out.  We are heading to the Berlin Farmer's Market today, I am on the search for a full lenght leather coat.  I am freezing and need to find a nice warm coat, Gene got one a few years back at Burlington Coat Factory we've been there they do not carry them anymore (or for this year depending on which sales associate I spoke to).  So we are heading to my old stompping grounds where I've purchased all my riding gear to find a leather coat for me.  While we are over there we'll run a few other errands, stop at my daughters to pick up some stuff we ordered from her, maybe stop and see my dad.  We are still trying to decide if it would be better for dad if we gave him a check so he can deposit and use the money to pay bills or buy things he needs when he needs them or give him cash so he has cash on hand.

Yesterday our General Contractor called me at work.  THE BUILDING PERMIT IS IN!!!!!!  The city needs a few more things from us but he can get started on the construction, so next week he'll be bringing in the guy that will be doing the excavating and the plumber to start mapping out their plan of attack.  I have to get my butt in gear and get the packing started.  I was actually hoping for a few more months.....

Tonight Gene and I will spend a quiet evening home together.  Before Dick Clark's ball drops in Times Square I will probably be napping on the couch and Gene will wake me up from my nap to send me off to bed....

Again wishing you all a Safe New Year.....

Ida

IdaMae

pennykid
on 12/31/10 1:59 am - PA

Hi all---and Happy New Year!!!

I realized this morning that I haven't been on OH in several weeks, not even to lurk.  Things have been well.  Busy learning tons of stuff at my new job.  (Well, I've been here a month, so it's still new.)  I'm liking this job and hope my contract gets extended or they hire me permanently.  I haven't been exercising, but I'm happy to say that I've been maintaining my weight.  Thought I was having a medical issue recently but after lots of tests and appointments (ultrasound and HIDA scan of my gall bladder, and an endoscopy), they determined that nothing is wrong.

Steffi---You need to share those recipes you mentioned for SF monkey bread and Maura's cookies!!!

Happy 2011 to everyone!!!!

Julia              
Arlene E.
on 12/31/10 3:06 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Steff and Everyone!

It occurred to me this morning at the gym that it was four years ago that I joined and have continued to workout there about 5 days a week.  For me it is an incredible WOW.  Never in my life had I committed to exercise on a regular basis.

It then occurred to me that it is also the first time that I lost weight and kept it off for more that 4 or 5 months.  Of course it is a constant battle but it is one  that I am willing to fight.  So as the New Year begins, I will re- committ to keeping this weight from creeping back up. When I got on the scale and saw that I did gain a little it came as no surprise since I have been enjoying the season with too much food.  

I have a "big" birthday coming up in 2011 and I am determined to feel the healthiest I can possibly feel.  

Ok - back to throwing out some more unnecessary stuff that I have accumulated  throughout the years.

Happy 2011 to all.  Be safe and if you can make it -see you at Barix tomorrow at 11.   

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/10 5:31 am
It is late in the afternoon but up was up and out early today with my niece Aja and her mom. We had a girl's day shopping,lunch and hairdressers. We had a ball and I love that girl so much she is my angel girl.

I have been doing lotsof reflecting and self discovery this year. Doors have closed yet many new ones have opened. There were ups and downs but I learned from them all and regret none of them. I have made some beautiful new friends and grown closer to others that have been on the out skirts of my life. I need to keep the commitment to myself that  I am worth this journey and the work that comes with it. Many other relfections are personal and I will keep them to myself. 2011 I am sure my life will be as blessed as the past.

Tonight will be spent with great friends/family and my soulmate ringing in the New YEar.

Love to you all!

LIFE IS GREAT!
Nicole0216
on 12/31/10 6:04 am - Lancaster, PA
love ya lots
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA