Slowing down...

alittle110
on 12/28/10 1:32 pm - Bucks County, PA
I finally got tired of having an unhappy pouch and decided to really slow down my meals. It has definitely been a challange! A few things I have learned... 1) take smaller bites, 2) get the whole family involved (my 3 year old is clapping when everyone remembers to put their fork down), 3) purchase an hourglass that takes 30 minutes to expire and put it in the middle of the table (Kohl's in Doylestown had them!).

Now for the problem... I am not one that needs their food piping hot. Luke warm is just fine for me. However... this slow eating is making the food like ICE!!! Hubby is starting to complain (he who does want his food very hot) and I don't want the whole program to go down the tubes. HELP!!

We serve restaurant style, not family style, so we could put less on the plate and go back for more that is hot. I'm afraid I will start to get my portions too big if I do that. I am doing well with loading the app sized plate with the correct amount of food. Any other suggestions? Do you all eat cold food?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!
Kristine

Decolady
on 12/28/10 9:09 pm, edited 12/28/10 9:09 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Hi Kristine,

I saw someone online once say that they put their plate on one of those coffee cup warmers while they ate to keep it warm.

Deb

Liz R.
on 12/28/10 9:55 pm - Easton, PA
I'm with you, I am OK with room temp food most of the time -  I have a 7 month old - what's a hot meal and a full nights sleep again?! lol

AS for hubby.  Maybe a smaller portion then let him go back and get his own seconds IF he can be trusted. My hubby would over indulge with this - infact I go as far as to pack up the leftovers before we eat so there isn't any temptation afterwards.
You can try the old restaurant trick of using a warm plate, What about microwaving it in the middle of eating if needed?

Congrats to you for getting the whole family involved!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views