Marvelous Monday Roll Call

steffihope
on 12/26/10 6:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
So - this is how I keep track of the days when I am on break - otherwise I might never know when to go back to work.  The snow is beautiful here in the eastern part of the state.  The wind is a bear, but the trees and streets look pretty, especially with the Christmas lights all aglow!

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what my plans are for today.  The majorty of the invitations are stuffed, stamped and ready to be sealed and mailed.  So getting them to a post office is going to happen.  Would like to get out this afternoon if possible, maybe get to the mall to see if we can start shopping for a dress for Molly. Maybe catch a movie.  Who knows.  Gotta love stacations!

Hope you all have a wonderfully white and marvelous Monday!
shoutjoy
on 12/26/10 6:47 pm - Culpeper, VA
Good morning all,

Since this is the last week of "leisure", I need to get as much of my class work done.  Maybe I should have started with the hard part first, oh well. 

I have some errands to run today.  The doctor called about my labs and did not give me all the results so I have to go there and see them myself.  Be thankful if you are near a bariatric center. 

You all have an awesome day!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Nicole0216
on 12/26/10 6:47 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good Morning Steffi and PA. I was expecting alot worse snow so got up extra early. We really did not get that much Lancaster was on the Western part of the storm so we only got a few inches. The wind and cold are a bear but that is ok. HEY I GOT TO WEAR JEANS TO WORK!!! Woo Hoo and no one is here today practically so that will either be real good or bad.

My niece gave me a sweet gift for christmas a pic of sparkle with a poem she wrote about her framed together, it was quite good too. I skyped with her and opened it, tears were shed i thanked. I had to have Jason put it away somewhere, it is too fresh still.

My plan is to work today and then go to the chriopractor and that is about it. I really hate SAD it really kicks me in the pants every year. So I am really not that interested in doing much.

I wish that I could go and visit the kitty that we may be getting he is at the humane leaque finishing up his meds.
IdaMae D.
on 12/26/10 7:22 pm, edited 12/26/10 10:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Just received a pre-recorded phone call from work which said: "Due to the inclement weather and a loss of electricity, we plan to open our Philadelphia offices at 10 a.m. today, December 27." I would imagine my AVP will tell me to stay home and monitor emails which she will also do. Everyone in my department is out today on vacation except for my AVP and I so we did not have much planned for today.

Update as of 9am - offices are now closed due to electrical problems in the building I work in. No work today - woo-hoo!!!!

So plans for today, help Gene shovel snow once the driveway is plowed by a friend of ours. It sounds like the wind is really kicking up out there so I'm not really looking forward to even going out of the house today at all.

Enjoy your day and stay warm....

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 12/26/10 7:54 pm - Whitehall, PA
yes, Ms. I am off wor****il next year, it's Monday.....

I'm up and working... we didn't get much more than an inch of snow here.. weird how this worked out again.. more to the south than the north.   When I got up it was freakin' cold in my apartment and I couldn't figure out why.  We have good windows and they are closed.. then I remembered Siehara's friend slept over and her mom had told me that she keeps her room really cold.  I looked at the thermostat and she must have forgotten that she was not at home and that others do live here.  It was set for 64.. what?!?! I also think Siehara's bedroom window is open.  I turned the heat up and closed Siehara's door.  If they want to freeze, let them, but not me thanks.

At some point today, I have to head to the bank to make a car payment. 

Tonight, I will head to the gym for zumba and yoga.  

Other than that, my day will be working.. we have MINIMUM 10 hours of OT this week.. that's how it is stated this time.  MINIMUM.. goodie. 

I hope if you HAVE to outside, you stay warm and safe.

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 12/26/10 8:09 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning PA. . .

Looks as though I got a Xmas present from Mother Nature, State of Emergency in NJ, means non-essential personnel need not be on the roads!  Got about 13 inches of the white stuff, though thanks to the wind, my driveway is not too bad, will get out to shovel in a little bit, but I do love the snow, so does Roxie, she was hopping around in it like a rabbit, digging in and eating it (lol). . .

I will enjoy this extra day off, though I may try to get in the office in the afternoon. . .  we'll see what they determine.

Anyway, you all have a great day, be safe!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Decolady
on 12/26/10 9:28 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Well, if the freezer is going to break down, I'm glad its on a cold day!!  So today we have to go shopping for a new refrigerator.  We are thankful that this one lasted over 15 years, we knew it wouldn't be long.  So does anyone have a brand of refrigerator they recommend?  I am leaning towards either Samsung or Kitchenaid.  I am also trying to decide between french door or side by side.  And I have to decide between black, which is what our other appliances are, or cool-looking stainless steel. 

Not something that was in our budget, hope we can find a good deal.

Looks like we got about 3 or 4 inches of snow, I guess I don't have to do Zumba this morning, shoveling snow is my exercise today!  We live on a corner and we have to do the sidewalk around the whole house.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

Peace,

Deb 
Dawn S.
on 12/26/10 10:09 pm - Spring Grove, PA
I love the french door style my mom has, however I would avoid the stainless steel-- It is a bear to keep clean and it drives me nuts.  They came out recently with a "graphite" color which looks almost the same but does not have the finger print/streaking issue that stainless has.  Good luck!

HW 326/SW 296/CW 168                           
dit657
on 12/27/10 1:57 am - Boothwyn, PA
The French door types are nice but my friend says things tend to get 'lost' in the bottom of the freezer but I have a side-by-side and that has drawbacks as well - really a matter of personal choice.

I would recommend going to stores that have a scratch & dent section if you're on a budget. Most times those units have minor imperfections in places that will be hidden and always ask if they'll discount the item even more. I was dryer shopping with a friend for their beach house and she found a great dryer at lowe's in their S&D section and asked I'd they'd take more off and they took another $50 off the sale price.

Happy shopping and good luck!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lesley G.
on 12/26/10 9:54 pm - Allegan, MI
Good morning!

My office is closed today because of the snow, but of course I had to wake up for an 8:00 conference call, which just ended. Oh well, I guess it's good to not disrupt my sleep schedule too much, and I'm sure my cats are happy that I woke up and fed them.

Today I'm going to take advantage of this downtime and do some relaxing, curl up with a book, maybe watch a movie, too. I also plan to dedicate an hour or so to organizing my old clothes that need to be given away. Right now they're all in piles and making me crazy!

Have a good day everyone. If you're in a snowy area, please be careful!

Lesley
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views