Today's Reflection

Laureen S.
on 12/26/10 8:17 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Words that do not match deeds are not important.
--Che Guevara

We say we want to get out of debt. We say we need more money. We say we need a higher-paying job. We say we're going to stop gambling. We say we're going to take better care of our health. We say we're going to pay someone back. We say we're going to start a spending plan. We say we're going to start recording our expenses. All of this and more we say we'll do someday.

With the new year approaching, we commit to doing the positive things we say we're going to do, regardless of how tiresome, boring, or painful they may be. When we really don't want to go ahead with it – whatever it may be – we remind ourselves of the commitment we made. We write it down. We fulfill our commitment. In doing so, we affirm that we really can have or do what we say. We feel better about ourselves, and others find us trustworthy and honorable. We create integrity.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views