Is anyone on here??? MAJOR FOOD STUCK!!!

spazzdak
on 12/26/10 7:15 am
I've been having more and more trouble with food not going through. I've lost 14 pounds since Dec. 3rd. About once a day I have a puking episode if it's any kind of meat.

I ate a croissant with about 2T of shredded roast beef...w/ miracle whip and some of the juice on it... I didn't eat it all. I've been puking since (about 3pm) and still feel like something's stuck. Constant slimeys since then.

I've been trying to drink hot coffee to get stuff moving. No good.

Any one out there can give me ideas????

cell # is 814-688-5448 if you can text me ideas.

THANKS!!!
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Decolady
on 12/26/10 7:30 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
The only remedy I have heard is Papaya Extract, you can find it in health food stores.  Papaya will help break down the food.  My dr says it will come out, either up or down.  I had something stuck for 9 hours once, so I can relate.  Drinking anything will only make it worse.  So sorry....
spazzdak
on 12/26/10 7:33 am, edited 12/26/10 7:33 am
Here in "Podunk, PA" on a Sunday night...not likely to find papaya extract.

Any chance Walmart or a large chain grocery store would carry it?
jdruski
on 12/26/10 8:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
Rite Aid carrys it so I would guess Walmart would also.  I know that you have probably heard this but call your surgeon and maybe set up an appointment.  I am not saying that it is anything serious but we have altered stomachs so any change check into.  I should talk I am having problems with food, sometimes it gets stuck and sometimes I get bad pains in my stomach. 

Please check it out as soon as you can.  You will not only feel better physically but mentally.

Happy New Year to you.

Jeanne
Maura M.
on 12/26/10 10:45 am - Yardley, PA
I also recommend that you get an appt with your surgeon as it sounds like this is a trend and needs to be looked at, especially if you aren't able to keep your proteins in.

Hope you are feeling better.

My doc recommended warm liquids if something got stuck..
Maura

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/26/10 10:12 pm
Sounds like it was too dense.  If you puked and it didn't move its not stuck, your pouch is aggrivated.  Call your surgeon but also drink some decaf peppermint tea and lay down.  You may need to sleep it off.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

dommiepa
on 12/27/10 12:22 am - Towanda, PA
any grocery store should carry papaya juice in the  specialty aisle and walmart carries the chewable papaya enzyme.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

spazzdak
on 12/27/10 7:55 am
I ended up calling my surgeon last night and he wanted me to come into the ER this morning IF it didn't come up or go down with a cup of ho****er and 1/2 t. meat tenderizer.

Well, I caught my hubby at the store still and he brought home meat tenderizer. Within 5 minutes of sipping some of that and walking, it was out.

Then, to my surprise (!) my doctor called me this morning to see how I was. He prescribed Carafate and Prilosec for the next month and requested that I schedule an endoscopy within the next 10 days. He suspects an ulcer vs. a stricture.

Does anyone know if I caused the ulcer? Is it something I ate? Stress? (Holiday time...wierd...no stress here!!)

Anyway, I tried to eat yogurt last night and was up til about 1:00 am with the slimeys. I slept til 10...ate yogurt for breakfast and it passed through just fine. Liquids have been fine. I ate a stuffed cabbage that had so much "juice" it was practically soup. That passed fine. I do feel some pain in my stomach but nothing like yesterday!! WHEW!

Thank you everyone for your help! I have meat tenderizer on hand now, but will be going out to get some papaya extract soon.
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views