Snowfall Sunday Roll Call

steffihope
on 12/25/10 8:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I am actually GIDDY with excitement - and I am not even getting a day off from this storm - I just love the snow and the forced family time it gives us!  (well - except Larry who, of course, has to work tonight! )  There really needs to be an "eye roll" smiley!

I am awake - watching the skies and deciding which, if any, child/ren I should wake up to go to the market with me.  I would love to get to the mall this morning, before the BIG storm really hits, but I think I have all week to get that done, so we shall see.  Have to get the invitations stuffed and stamped so they are ready to be mailed tomorrow!  WAHOO!!!!!!  It is getting real!  I heard Molly chanting her Hebrew, and she is pretty good at it!  So proud of my kiddie!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  I know I did and the new families that I feel i am part of now are as wonderful as the people who brought me into them!  Happy Snow Day Sunday y'all

(And - I have no idea if the Eagles are going to get their game in, but if so....I willbe parked in front of the TV tonight!)

bvohl
on 12/25/10 8:49 pm
Good Morning Steffi and PA!

I am also up early to go the market to pick up some things. Waiting for the pharmacy to open up to get some meds refilled. Looking forward to the snow coming, but the shoveling, not so much!
I guess that is what I have Dee for!! Unless, Josh wants to come over here to shovel?? LOL!!!!

Last night spent the evening with some GREAT friends!! Dee got new jammies which she totally loves!! Thanks Santa for thinking of your Jewish friends

Hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas celebration with their family and friends!!

That is it for me....stay safe and spend time relaxing with your families!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 12/25/10 9:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi & PA;

Yesterday spent the day at my daughter's in Sicklerville, NJ.  Very nice family get together.  Both daughters were there which is rare with my oldest daughters work schedule.  Both son-in-laws, and all my ex-in-laws who I must say were on their best behavior (which is very unusual, they must be getting old).  I had quite a few WOW moments yesterday...I will post that separately..

My son-in-laws dad is still in the hospital.  Since last weekend he has had two heart attacks and a stroke.  He is still on the ventilator and heavily drugged.  He is moving his left side and winking his left eye at his wife and trying to blow her kisses (soo sweet).  My SIL told us that once released from the hospital he will be going to a nursing facility for rehab, his mom wants to bring him home but her kids that live in Florida with her are still working to get her to understand that he needs the rehab to get him back as close to normal as possible.  The doctors at this point are predicting that his right side is going to be able to be rehabbed but will not be the way it was prior to the stroke.  For anyone that prays please keep Juan & Maria in your prayers.

My oldest daughter did all the cookie baking this year and when she said she was baking cookies for Gene and I she meant it.  We have cookies to last a year or two.  I have to either look into freezing a good portion of them or they are going to have to go to work with me so that we get them out of the house.  They are sooooooooo good  - way to tempting even when they are made with all healthy ingredients.  Right now I have them out in our root cellar so that Gene and I are not tempted.

Today we are getting ready for church.  Gene is taking on the roll of Worship Leader this morning.  I'm not sure if I am in the roll of a greeter today or not, didn't receive the email copy of the bulletin for today's service so I'll find out when I get there.  After church heading home to watch the snow that is expected to fall.  Looking forward to the snow.  If it is too bad out there tomorrow morning I will be working from home.  I won't have everything here with me, but I will have enough that I can monitor emails and work on single case rate negotiations via my home phone if necessary.

Hope everyone has an awesome snow filled day..........

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 12/25/10 9:45 pm - Whitehall, PA
I'm still here in Schuylkill county sitting at Tanya's parents' table waiting for her to drag her butt out of bed. We are going to head to the mall so she can fight with the jeweler about her necklace that is missing a diamond and I can get a replacement sim card for Siehara's phone. I also want to pick up a Bluetooth since I haven't been able to find mine for a few weeks. Bron works in the store we are going to. Do u think he'll give me a discount? Lol.

We'll head home from there and hit a grocery store to pick up normal things on my list. Too bad I have to brave the French toast shoppers and deal.

I'm glad Siehara has friends in the complex this year. She can go out and play in the snow while I work tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be up and moving as soon as Tanya's up and ready.

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 12/25/10 10:36 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning friends. I'm laying on the couch relaxing for now. My niece and nephews were supposed to be visiting with their kids today but I've cancelled due to the pending storm. I don't want any of them on the roads during a storm and they all had a good distance to travel. We can do it another time.

So now I find myself with a free day which is very nice. Will probably do some laundry, a little cleaning and I have a London broil out to put in the crockpot for dinner.

Last night we went to our neighbors for Christmas dinner and had a wonderful time. There were 20 people there and very relaxing and enjoyable.

So that's my plan for today. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and maybe I'll have an extended one tomorrow!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
enasangels
on 12/26/10 12:20 am - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Steffi, you can come and visit me in Tn.  We had about 3 inches of snow yesterday, with another 5 to 10 expected today, and they were talking about more tomorrow.  My daughter and her family are spending Christmas with me, and were out in the snow yesterday, made a great snowman.  Guess that snowman will get some friends today when the kids go out.  The benefits of being out  in the country means no pavements to shovel, the driveway is dirt and cracked stone, put the vehicle in d3 and drive right on up.  They went to Walmarts to stock up on more bread,milk and eggs.  The kids opted to stay and watch videos.  More Sponge Bob episodes than I care to think about.  (grandson got dvd with 78 episodes of Sponge Bob, we'll all be nuts before its over)  Praying the power does not go out during these storms.  Hope you all have a good day, stay warm and safe.  Have fun with your kids in the snow.
Hugs to All, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Patricia R.
on 12/26/10 1:34 am - Perry, MI
Good Afternoon Steffi,
I am thrilled with the snow too.  As long as my kids get safely to their destinations today, before the snow, I am okay with a blizzard hitting.  I just hope it does not interfere with the football game.

I had such a blessed Christmas with my kids in the morning and then my family in the afternoon.  My son is taking me to a Spring Training Phillies/Yankees baseball game in Florida in February for my Christmas present.  Now, I have to buy him a Cliff Lee jersey for his January birthday.

I went to Giant for some groceries before posting, so I am stocked up for the blizzard.  I would have gone even if there were no snow coming, because I was out of certain things.

The rest of the day is to wash some dishes, and do some more baking. 

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 12/26/10 2:14 am - Lancaster, PA
We have been laying low, i have been reading my new book on my kindle i am still working on lesson one, trying not to rush myself so it will be meaningful. Jason has been playing his game. we went out this am to get some starbucks and to see what might be good at kohls or pennys really nothing.
we did nothing on saturday and i have to say that alone time is nice but being with people is important too. I have realized that since he and i both have family somewhere else and no kids of our own that we really need to make our own family here with friends during the holidays so it is not as lonely.

Still waiting for snow we have not gotten any yet. we will see what happens on monday alot of our staff will be off for the holiday so it should be interesting.
Maura M.
on 12/26/10 10:34 am - Yardley, PA
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county
move to bucks county

Maura

Maura M.
on 12/26/10 10:40 am - Yardley, PA
Hello Steffi & PA,

Slept in  a bit this morning...
We left home around 1, then went to Target to see if there were any good after Christmas sales - nothing too great, just got some wrapping paper for next year...

then we went in to Philly for a beer event - I was DD - roads were not great..

Got home by 8, then we shoveled

Right now, we are both on the couch - laptop in use, tree on - tv on - kitty cats are on laps - happy happy

xoxo,

Maura

Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views