Christmas Eve Day roll call

Lisa H.
on 12/23/10 8:15 pm - Whitehall, PA
Well morning people....... I'm up and about to get ready for my day. 

Siehara and I will be headed over to help out in the kitchen with Sprit of the Lehigh Valley helping to make sure that these families don't go without eating, at least for one day. 

Depending on what time we leave there, we HAVE to hit at least one grocery store.  I got paid today so now I can pick up some things we need for the house and to make the cake for Tanya's for tomorrow.  I also want to see if I can pick up presents for Tanya's kids.  

Tonight, I think Siehara and I will do Chinese food and/or a movie. 

I hope everyone is able to find joy in their day and their time with their families.  Please watch what is going in your mouths, too!! 

you all and wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus.. happy long weekend.. Did I cover it all?????

My tracker

hers 

RoseyNo
on 12/23/10 8:48 pm
Good morning Lisa and PA,

I've been missing in action for a while, but I wanted to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year!  For those celebrating other things, wishing you Happy Holidays!

Blessings,

Debbie

shoutjoy
on 12/23/10 8:50 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

I got an early Christmas present of sorts.  I got hired at Truck-lite and start Jan 3!  This is a first time, full time job offer in awhile.  I also got a job bite for Raleigh but would only go down there if hubby had an interview also.  Maybe at a later date.

I was also blessed with a turkey.  So I will have a friend come over tomorrow to help eat it.

Last night I was asked if I want to work today at Olga's.  Yes, I do!  Tonight at the Christmas Eve service I am going to try to play a Christmas Carol on my whistle, yikes!  For some reason, when I am in front of people my mouth does stupid things!  Hope I don't squeak.  I will have to decide on one and practice.

Merry Christmas all!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Patricia R.
on 12/24/10 1:38 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations on your job.  I know that is a huge answer to pray.

Merry Christmas.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/23/10 9:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Lisa & PA;

Today I'm up and working on an assignment that I totally forgot was due by today on Blackboard.  I've been up researching, reading, and writing for a couple hours now, it is finished and all I have to do is reply to a couple of my classmates later today to be in compliance of the assignment.  I've had enough reading for this morning so I will come back to this later.

Today not sure what is happening yet.  I baked 2 Tofu Cheese Cakes last night.  Today I'd like to get a couple pies baked, sweet potato and pumpkin.  Not sure if Gene and I are heading into Center City to church for our noon service.  Our church is planning to start out on the church steps singing Christmas carols, then move inside for a service.  Last year this drew in a lot of downtown traffic into the church for the service once the people saw and heard our choir and congregation out on the steps of the church.

Tonight is Christmas Eve celebrations at Gene's sister's house.  We are supposed to be there about 4.

When we get home from there I'm not sure if I'm going to throw the ham in the oven on low for the night or just get up early tomorrow to bake the ham for tomorrow afternoon at my daughter's house. 

My son-in-law is supposed to be flying in from Florida tonight.  His dad is still in the hospital, I have not heard anything so I going under the assumption that no news is good news.  I know they were supposed to try to take him off the ventlator yesterday.  Last I spoke with my daughter she said he was opening his eyes and moving his hands, but at that point he was still hooked up to the ventilator.  I believe they are bringing him out of the induced coma slowly which is the reason for the eyes opening and the hands starting to move around.  I don't quite understand this forced coma stuff, other than it helps with the healing process.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day....and stays warm...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/24/10 1:37 am - Perry, MI
Hi Ida,
I love the idea of your church singing on the steps and then having people follow your congregation into the service.  That is neat.  What church do you worship at? 

I will pray for your son-in-law's dad.  It's hard having people we love sick at the holidays.

Merry Christmas.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/24/10 11:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Trish;
Thank you for the prayers.

We go to First Baptist Church @ 17th and Samson in Center City. 

when do you start @ NHS?

Merry Christmas to you and your family - God Bless you...

Ida

IdaMae

steffihope
on 12/23/10 9:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morming my Mitzvah doing friend!  Hi to all of PA.  I am up - cursing at my body clock which will no doubt be ready for vacation the day I have to go back to work! 

Quick update of my MIL, she is still in the hospital = they are ruling it a TIA, Larry explained it like this, and I love it - when drinking through a straw, the ice gets in the way - so you sip a bit harder and the liquid comes throughon its own.  this is how he explained the blockage in the blood stream to the kids yesterday and why she is doing better on her own.  The doctors beleive that this happened due to a spike in her blood pressure and was fixed on its own.  Larry did come home last night and his mom is supposed to be discharged this morning.  So, it looks like another crises has been averted....for the moment anyway!

I am about to wake the big boy, his eldest daughter and get ready to head over to the synagogue for her first meeting with the Rabbi in this, the home stretch of Bat Mitzvah learning....Then this afternoon probably getting some invitations stuffed - becasue what else is a Jew supposed to do on Christmas eve day - (Well, Lisa is doing a good deed, whatever.....)  I will be stuffing Bat Mitvah invitations that were supposed to go out a few days ago - oh well, what is a few more days right?!?!  Then tonight we are headed over to a friends house for Christmas Eve celebrations.  This is a new friend and her family for us so I am really looking forward to playing with them and their amazing family and friends!

I hope all who celebrate have a VERY meaningful Christmas.  Happy Friday Y'all!
Patricia R.
on 12/24/10 1:34 am - Perry, MI
Steffi,
So glad your Mom-in-law is improved.  Enjoy your day...and stuffing the Bat Mitzvah invitations is not such a bad thing.  Your daughter's going to have a great Bat Mitzvah because you are a good mother.

Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Maura M.
on 12/23/10 9:58 pm - Yardley, PA
Merry Christmas Eve all!!

Lisa - I think it is awesome that you are going to help out and get food to all!  I am getting ready to make up cookie trays to bring to the families today - I have sugar variety for them and sugar free for me!

We head to my SIL's for 1pm (yes that early.. ) - we will be home tonight and Mark and I will exchange our gifts, head to bed and then go to my brothers first thing in the morning and spend the day with my family.

I love Christmas!

Have a very Merry whether you celebrate or not!

xoxo,

Maura
p.s. - my nephew asked my SIL if I still have to grind my food up - Christmas eve was my first day on pureed food last year and I put my turkey in a blender last year.
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views