The cards really dont lie and neither does the scale.

Nicole0216
on 12/22/10 7:46 pm - Lancaster, PA
I appreciate everyone's support. I am sure we can find some location that is reasonable in the middle to have the meeting. It is possible via phone but really needs to be done in person I think. Maybe K of P if we could find a nice quiet place or if anyone wants to offer up their house who lives within an hr of the LV, Phila. Bucks Cty and such. I would do it at my place but I am a hike for everyone.

I feel better now that I know, I know I have the tools I need. All i need is the support, to be honest and to utilize help. reminding myself that if I was the expert on this I would have it all figured out.
I am very good at helping others figure out their way, but awful with mine. LOL What do they say about Dr being the worst patients?? Yup. Time to get humble
Jackie Smith
on 12/22/10 8:06 pm - Coatesville, PA
Hi Nic,
I have not been on this board in a year but decided to take a quick look this morning.  How timely your thoughts are.  I too am currently afraid to get on the scale.  This summer I creaped up from 175 to 183.  I am sure I am at 190 by now.  I don't feel good, I get sick at least once a week from something I have eaten and I know I need to stop!  At work we have all decided to play the Biggest Loser starting Jan 3rd.  This is my encouragement to get on track and to finally exercise.  I would love to be part of a support group with you.  I live in Coatesville on the Glenmoore/Downingtown side.  About 5 mins. off of the 30 bypass.  And about 15 mins. off the turn pike.  I would be happy to host the group at my house if the location is good.  Keep me posted via my personal e-mail addy: [email protected] or by phone 484-888-0263. 
We only have a couple more days to go to get through the holiday feasting.  Enjoy - a couple more pounds is not going to make a difference come the first of the year. 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidaies, Jackie from Coatesville
lynnc99
on 12/22/10 8:27 pm
Nic, thank you for your oneness. Throughout my journey, I have said that I keep a close eye on - and learn from - those who are a step or two ahead of me.

So here is a question - who do you envision as been fitting most from the group? 3 plus years out? A certain level of regain?

I am not sure the calendar will work for me,but will watch closely to see if it might work.
Nicole0216
on 12/22/10 8:53 pm - Lancaster, PA
Lynn I think anyone who is about 1 year plus would benefit. But if they are younger and are already starting to struggle then they would as well. The program focuses on goals setting. replacing habits, and excercise as well as food.
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/10 9:50 pm
Thank you for your honesty as always Nicole.

I am interested the BOT class and will be willing to meet at place half way. If there is more then one local Philly area person we can car pool.
steffihope
on 12/23/10 1:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi.  My name is Steffi and I am a food addict.  I am finding myself slowly creeping back up the scale.  I am up 12 pounds from my lowest weight.  I still weigh myself twice a week and it is only now starting to freak me out.  My clothes still fit and i still feel good, but I am scared.  I would be VERY interested is committing to a monthly meeting.  Not sure what BOT is about, but I am willing to give it a shot.  Let us all know what it entails and when we will start.

I just hope for myself that this is not just, "another New Years' resolution."  that I will break in 3 weeks.  Last years was logging my food - that lasted all of about a month.....The cycle of starting strong and giving up is a big one for me and that really scares me too.  I need you all and hope this might be yet another step in this journey!

Thanks Nicole!
philliesphan
on 12/23/10 1:57 am
Hi Everyone - I live and work in Phila and gladly offer my home or office for the meetings but it's probably too much of a shlep in the opposite direction!  Let me know if you think meeting in Phila would work.  Best wishes to all for happy, healthy holidays!  --Carolyn

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

dit657
on 12/23/10 3:18 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Nicole. What scares me almost as much as gaining weight (which I have as well) is that polarizing fear of stepping on the scale and that fear is what led me to almost 400 lbs. I am definitely in on the class - I have to do this for me because lately I find myself putting everyone and everything over myself. I'm grazing more - reaching for junk more - and definitely not moving more.

I work in King of Prussia - our office is small and private and I don't think it would be an issue having meetings in our conference room plus there is a speaker phone available for people to call in if they can't join us in person. Of course I have to clear this first but Lynne know if you think this would be a good option - my office is right across from the Valley Forge Convention Center.

Stay strong - holidays are notoriously tough. We're all in this together.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Arlene E.
on 12/25/10 11:01 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Nicole

As I told you before, I am definitely interested in this and do think a face to face would work better than the phone so King of P sounds like a good idea.  Hopefully we can work out a time that works for all.

Thanks as always for your honesty and your willingness to offer support.  

Arlene 

Mary Benford
on 12/27/10 3:52 am - Emmaus, PA
I'm also interested in getting together...  as I've scared myself away from the scale lately, and am just noticing my jeans are getting harder and harder to button.   Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if i'm up about 25-30 lbs from my lowest weight.

If i could only put myself in that ore-wedding frame of mind again and know that i had to fit in that dress....

I'm disgusted with myself, and find myself falling back into bad habits.  Drinking/carbs/snacking...it's all just old Mary creeping her big old ugly head back out, and as Steffi said... I promised myself never to return to that awful place...  but pound by pound I'm  getting there.

Thank you Nicole for your honesty.

It's obvious that it's what we all needed.  Let me know when we can get this party started!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views