Don't go to the Weight Loss Clinic esp. Dr. DiMarco

CElizabeth
on 12/20/10 11:27 am, edited 12/28/10 12:22 am
VSG on 11/10/16
Hello all,

For all you lap-banders, I know follow up care is very important and want to let people know about my experiences.
 I got my lap-band in June 2007 from Dr. Luciano A. DiMarco, of The Weight Loss Clinic in Harrisburg Pennyslvania. I had satiety problems from the start. Him and Dr. Wieger treated me like it was all in my head. Very little compassion. Very sad the effort I put into this band and the disrespect shown to me from them.

I thought, aren't they supposed to be there to help me and not make me feel like it's all in my head.

May 2008 I finally got the lap-band respositioned, because it had slipped-my guess is it was never put in right to begin with. Of course they do not ever acknowledge their part in anything.

A few months later they terminate my service and tell me if I continue to ask in a nice way for help, they will charge me with harassment for calling one day when I had an emergency.

They would not even help me when I had an emergency.

I want to warn other lap-banders about this practice.

I have called about every doctor in the state of PA, some in Maryland and some even in New Jersey and they will not take another Drs former patient. I have found one, in Maryland. I have to now travel 2 hours one way to see him. I don't think this is very ethical on the Weight Loss Clinics part. I now have to take a day off just to go there.

When I was terminated of service, they said go to Hershey Medical Center. Well, I called up Hershey Medical Center and they said SPECIFICALLY THEY do NOT take ANY of The Weight Loss Clinics patients.
I should  have went to Heshey Medical Center to begin with.

i WANT to warn other lap-banders or those considering the lap-band about the Weight Loss Clinic. The lap-band takes many follow up visits and this could happen to anyone-just like it happened to me.  I was a self pay.
C.Elizabeth

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/10 11:49 pm
I went to Hershey Weight loss center and I love it.  They were so good with me during the process.  They answered all my questions and gave me so much info.  Sorry about your situation but I wanted to tell you...I have a friend that went to the Harrisburg Weight Loss Center and she has had a very rough road ever since.  Alot of problems and complications I rather not get into but it all came down to poor doctors work and also she didnt even have to go through the 6 month period where you see this and that doctor for an overall of your health and classes teaching you everything about WLS.  I hope you get yourself taken care of and I'm sorry your going through all of this.  Good Luck!
CElizabeth
on 12/21/10 2:05 am
VSG on 11/10/16
Thank you for your kind words. I've heard a lot about their mistakes. Everyone is afraid to say something, because they know there aren't too many choices in this region. So, they keep quiet, and just email me privately. I hope your friend gets all fixed up and soon!!!

HARRISBURG Pa 

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

travelgrl
on 12/21/10 11:24 am - allentown, PA
Sorry to hear about your struggles.  Dr Chris Kaczmarski in Limerick with PMA has taken on patients who had surgery elsewhere.  Best Wishes!
bvohl
on 12/21/10 10:07 pm
I am so sorry that you are having this bad experience! I was very lucky to have my RNY at Barix Clinic in Langhorne. My doctor was the BEST and the nursing staff was great! I am 18 months out and thank goodness have not had any complications.

I hope you find a dr closer to home. Obviously, the Clinic you went to was not very patient friendly.

Good luck to you!!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dommiepa
on 12/22/10 9:48 am - Towanda, PA
Geisinger Danville, PA takes other bariatric patients.  I know of several who had their surgeries elsewhere, who now see Dr. Petrick or Dr. Gabrielson to fix what other bariatric surgeons have screwed up.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

CElizabeth
on 12/22/10 11:44 pm
VSG on 11/10/16
CElizabeth
on 12/22/10 1:58 pm, edited 12/22/10 11:45 pm
VSG on 11/10/16
I called Danville before and they wouldn't take me. I think it's if you know someone. Or like the drs that dismissed me born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

Thank you for the tip!

The message above said I just called them today and they said it is a legal nightmare to take someone elses patient and they don't do it.

HARRISBURG Pa 

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

Liz R.
on 12/22/10 7:07 pm - Easton, PA
Dr Alan Brader - Lancaster General Hospital
Last I heard he was taking new patients as well regardless of surgeon. I happen to love him :)
CElizabeth
on 12/22/10 11:48 pm
VSG on 11/10/16
Dr. Alan Brader I called a few times and each time he said No. Because it isn't additional surgery it is just for the adjustments. He was nice about it.  I guess for legal reasons and I am sure THE WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC knows this when they dismiss patients service.

HARRISBURG Pa 

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views