OT-What is your cold spot?

SPatel4
on 12/21/10 7:19 am - Levittown, PA
I just posted this on Face book. After being cold down to my bones since basically September I decided to make an investment in Australian Sheep Skin Boots from Sam's Club. They are cute but I bought them because I am so cold all the time despite wearing layers of thermal. My doctor says being anemic is not helping my case but just though I ask where does the cold hit you the most? I have to say for me it's my feet and then hate going out without gloves and scarf on.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

hamchs2
on 12/21/10 9:53 am - East Greenville, PA
My hands!    They are always cold.   I've found that if i don't put on  gloves before I leave the house, that my hands will stay cold--even after  I put on gloves.   

I just bought Isotoner gloves from Kohls at 60% off and I LOVE them!   The outside is soft suede and the inside is warm fuzzy fleecey material.   

Thanx to Cuddl duds too---   wear the pants and the camisoles or shirts!
Ann                          

IdaMae D.
on 12/21/10 10:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
my entire body.  I can't find a coat that is warm enough.  Gene and I have been trying to find a 3/4 length leather coat with hood and heavy lining.  Nothing yet, been to Burlington coat factory where we purchased Gene's coat, none there, they said they didn't get that type in this year.  I'm thinking I need to go over to NJ to a couple leather stores I know there to see if they carry what I want for a reasonable price. 
I also had to get an electric heater for under my desk, I cannot get warm at work.  Needless to say everyone either loves coming to my desk or they avoid it like the plague. 
I've also had to start wearing long sleeved tee's to bed to cover my arms, I have an electric blanket that keeps me warm from the chest down, but hate my arms under the covers so now I'm wearing a long sleeved Tee and am finally sleeping through the night.
I told my boss today that for the winter so I don't have to go outside I'm going to need to work from home and not go outside until it hits 70 again.

IdaMae

hamchs2
on 12/21/10 10:45 am - East Greenville, PA
We have a heated mattress pad and like it so much better than an electric blanket.   Your arms can still be exposed, but your upper body will be warm!  

I do have to turn my side on as soon as i get home from work, so that it will be toasty warm when I get in to go to sleep.
Ann                          

IdaMae D.
on 12/22/10 8:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you for that suggestion.  I have thought about a heated mattress pad, however, have been overruled on that one.  Gene hates to be warm at night.  He has a hard time with me having an electric blanket on my side of the bed it sometimes gets too warm for him so I will not torchure him with the heated mattress pad.  As long as I put on the long sleeve tee shirt and I've picked up a couple pairs of flanel PJ at the thrift store so those tops are also nice on my arms at night....

IdaMae

hamchs2
on 12/22/10 9:21 am - East Greenville, PA
Great News----  they have dual controls.   So you have your side and he has his!    I turned my side on back in October, while my husband just turned his on this month!  
Ann                          

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/10 12:03 pm
Ida I also freeze in work and last year I found Chill Chasers for underneath my clothes. They are like thermals but thunner and not so bulky ut they help keep you warm. I found the at Kmart.
IdaMae D.
on 12/22/10 8:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Beth for that suggestion.  Next time I get to KMart I'll have to look for them.  Lately when I get off 95 trying to get to the KMart on Frankford Ave is next to impossible with all the Christmas shopping traffic.  Once that settles down I'll shoot into the store to look for them.....

IdaMae

kgoeller
on 12/21/10 10:50 am - Doylestown, PA
Great question...

It depends, actually... usually it's my hands and my upper arms.  If my upper arms are cold, ALL of me is cold.  And my fingers are pretty much always cold these days.  I have found fingerless gloves to be helpful.  And thermal glove liners for the REALLY cold weather (thin, insulated liners that go inside your other gloves - available at outdoors places like EMS) and "hotties" heat packs that fit in your gloves are truly wonderful things. 

BUT, when i go to bed, my feet are what gets cold.  We've got a down throw that I keep over the lower half of the bed to provide extra heating there. 

While I hate being cold, it's SOO much better than being fat.  I just keep reminding myself of that.  :-)

Karen
Patricia R.
on 12/21/10 12:10 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Shilpa,
I am right there with you on the need for slippers in the house, and my boots when I go out.  I am also a scarf, gloves, earband person.  I wear layers when I have to walk Utley on the bitter nights he needs to go out.  And, I am also anemic. 

Having chronic back and hip pain, along with fibromyalgia, does not help.  I ache when I have to go out in the worst weather. 

Spring is too far away to look forward to it.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views