Super Solstice Tuesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 12/20/10 11:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA
It's already been a day and a half - I wanna go back to this past weekend where I had NO responsibilities except to party, dance and embibe!  UGH!  Came into work this morning knowing I had a meeting, I was actually going to come in late deliberately, but decided against it.  Boy am I sorry now.  I am really beginning to question what I do for a living.  I love the kids, but the kids are NOT what the administration and this country is about - it is all about the damned assessments.  How is it actually possible to assess kids when we are not given time to teach them?  UGH!  so stinking frustrated!

Well, needless to say I am back at work and it is a Tuesday, so meeting this morning, lord knows what I am allowed to do this afternoon, then Hebrew School and Confirmation Academy tonight.....I think it is high time I win the lottery so that I can open my own school and actually teach children!  Just saying! :)

Hope your solstice is a nice one! :)
Sara E.
on 12/21/10 1:27 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good afternoon PA!
Caleb & I got up at 2:30 and watched the eclipse until after 3:30.  We had 2 cloud banks block our view for a few minutes...but it was nice to see it.  I tried to take a couple of pictures but they stink.  We did see some meteors due to the Ursids showers.  Caleb was so excited when a large one streaked across the sky just as the eclipse was at it's peak at 3:17am.  I am glad we got up and braved the cold outside...He told me I was the coolest Mom on Earth.  I hope he always feels that way. Have a great day everyone.
Sara 

Patricia R.
on 12/21/10 5:37 am - Perry, MI
Hey Dawn and PA,
I am extremely late to Roll Call today, so I will recap my crazy day.

I had a CT scan of my chest this morning and had to take a megadose of Medrol, the steroid.  So, I am extremely thirsty now.  Afterward, I had an appointment for my B12 shot.  Then I scooted to church to help in the office, because the church secretary is out sick.  Then, I had an appointment with my pain management doc's nurse practitioner.  From there, I hit the gym and swam for fifteen minutes before my hip started to hurt.  After a shower, I headed to the RiteAid to drop off two prescriptions from two of the docs' visits.  Then, I spent an hour on the phone, following up on some personal stuff.

So, I am about to head back to RiteAid, and pick up my prescriptions.  Then, I will make some supper, and clean my apartment.  It is a disaster, and I would like it clean for Santa Claus.

Hope everyone had a good day.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Maura M.
on 12/21/10 6:24 am - Yardley, PA
I'm the latest on roll call?  no lunar eclipse for me - I'm with Swede - I'll you tube it later on tonight.

Am waiting for my boss to wrap things up as we are going to catch a holiday drink together - Today is my Friday - I don't come back to wor****il Jan 3rd - it stinks that I don't get paid when I don't work, but I'll deal with that - I just need a break and I am looking forward to this time off so much.  We don't have any major anythings planned during the time off and I am ok with that - we will bounce around here and there with friends, ski one day with my neice, do the holiday thing and we are actually thinking about staying home for new years and not going out.. are we crazy?  maybe not.. maybe it is a sane thing to do.. well - we will sort all that out.

that's all I have to report.

still maintaining within the same pound or two each day.. so that is a good thing  - now, to just keep that trend FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views