Super Solstice Tuesday Roll Call

Dawn S.
on 12/20/10 4:00 pm - Spring Grove, PA
Good morning all.  I am currently trying to warm back up after watching the lunar eclipse.  Going to shower up shortly and then heading in to work in a couple of hours.  Going to be a long day, but since this is the first time the lunar eclipse and solstice have occurred at the same time in 372 years I figured I could be brain dead at work today. Just need ti get through work than home to sleep.

Hope everyone has a great day!

HW 326/SW 296/CW 168                           
lynnc99
on 12/20/10 4:21 pm
Dawn, I got up to watch the eclipse too! I am in FL, so it is certainly a little warmer down here...but I missed the way that the sky in PA is so dark at night. I know it is a clear night and I could see stars, but in the PA countryside, I bet you could almost see the Milky Way!

Lisa H.
on 12/20/10 6:13 pm - Whitehall, PA
There was no way I was going to get up to watch it... though if my work systems would have been up at that hour, maybe I could have done it and then ended my day at 3:30 instead of 10 like last night.  

Today has me working as many hours as I can fit in without feeling like I'm going to fall over.

After work, Hebrew School taxi--- I'll head to the gym in Bethlehem to do cardio...
pick up from Hebrew School and go to Whitehall gym for pilates.

home and hopefully a relaxing night.. This will depend on how much work I get done during the day today.

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/20/10 7:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Dawn & PA:

I had all good intentions of waking up to watch and photograph the eclipse, however, my body would not wake up so I missed it. 

Today I have a half day of work.  If not for an early AM meeting this morning I'd have been working from home, but alas I have to go into the office for this one, no calling in.

I'm leaving work at noon, have a dentist appt this afternoon, I'm in the home stretch of all the oral surgery and dental work I've been having done since August.  WOO-HOO!!!!

After the dentist I'm planning to stop at the Mall, have a couple things I need to check out, I also need to run into KMart to pick up some more turtle necks.  I've always avoided turtle neck shirts like the plague, neck and chin always looked horrible in them, now I can wear then and love them, they are the only shirts that are keeping me warm these days....

Tonight not much planned, Gene is seeing clients all day today and then private clients this evening so a long night, I'll probably be asleep by the time he gets home. 

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 12/20/10 7:43 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All! I SO wanted to watch but Mia had other plans. WE were up TONS last night but just fell back asleep during the eclipse. She was so stuffy and really crying, not sure if it is teething or a cold but either way it sucks.

Today is work, running out at lunch to the banks, after work want to go to Target to finish my Christmas shopping then off to my MOm's to pick up Amelia (who is supposed to be getting a flu shot today, we'll see how that works out... or if they'll do it because of her runny nose) and home to make dinner and do more prep for the weekend's holiday festivities.
shoutjoy
on 12/20/10 8:52 pm - Culpeper, VA
I didn't know about the eclipse.  Missed it again!  Today is work then Open Mic tonight.  I will be playing Christmas Carols on my whistle.  Sounds pretty on that.  So, it's a long day ahead.

Went for my physical for Truck-Lite yesterday.  I think I did ok.  I may have a job starting the New Year.  Ten hour shifts starting at 4am or 2:30pm.  That's ok.

We have to be out of the house by March 1st.  Yikes!  House was sold to a friend and they don't want to move until Spring so that is nice of them.  Gives us time to find a place.

No plans at all for Christmas.  Seems weird but oh well. Everyone is traveling elsewhere this year.

Have a great day all!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

dit657
on 12/20/10 9:08 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - as phenominal as the eclipse would have been to see my body is on such a timeclock that there was no way I was going to be awake to watch it. For those of you nightowls who stayed up I hope it was worth it - I'm sure it was!

I'm at work today - since I have ZERO vacation left I'll be here the rest of the year except for the days we have off, but that's okay since almost everyone else does have vacation saved and is going to be out, so I'll have the place to myself. I can get my new books ready for 2011 and all that other end of year stuff.

I wrapped a ton of stuff again last night - have 2 boxes of gifts to ship out - one to Seattle and the other to Florida - sadly both boxes are missing gifts that have not arrived yet and I'm really bummed about that, but I'll send them when they do come in. Nothing I can do about it now.

Have to run out at lunch and pick up a few things at lunchtime - this is always the case for me at Christmas - just when I think I'm DONE I'm out shopping for some last minute stuff, but that's okay - it'll get done, right?

And that's it for me today...hope everyone stays awake and has a great day!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 12/20/10 11:17 pm - Lancaster, PA

Good morning all
I had to choose between a lunar event and sleep. Sleep won out. I am so tired.
Working today doing some stuff to get ready for the holiday and that is about it

swedeville1
on 12/20/10 11:31 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
I will watch the lunar thingy on youtube. 

Today i am working with our polygrapher to get 4 guys tested and hopefully they will pass.  Its such a waste of time and money when they decide to take the exam knowing they wont be honest.  You would think they were mentall ill or something.    Anywho!

Working till around 4:00 then heading home to get my son off to guitar practice.  so I have a question.  Kindle or nook?  I looking to buy one of them for Jen and I would like osme feedback.  Also, which one has the better support (library)?

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

gmom62
on 12/21/10 4:10 am - Clifton Heights, PA

Hi Swede,

I just bought this from QVC.  http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params. item.E166635.desc.Pandigital-7TouchScreen-4GB-WiFi-Multimedi a-eReaderTablet

Suppose to get in on the 24th.  Can't wait!  Very excited.  It's a Merry Christmas present to me.  The husband and I don't exchange gifts.  Haven't in years.  I did a bunch of research before I decided to buy.

Happy shopping.

Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views