Wow part II

IdaMae D.
on 12/19/10 6:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
My continued saga of wanting a sweater tunic and leggings......

Last night about 9:30pm Gene and I decided to go to Macy's so I could try on a pair of leggings and a sweater tunic.   For a few hours I had been showing him pictures online of sweater tunics and asking what he thought of them, would they look okay on me. 

Mind you, I am usually not into the latest fashions but tend to go towards the more classic styles of suits, so this is a totally off the wall request for an outfit for me.  

Now Gene being the loving, supportive, gentle soul that he is as well as my bestest shopping buddy, kept saying, "honey I don't know about this, when I picture a woman in those leggings and sweater tunics I picture a woman who is a size minus, minus, minus, minus, minus 0." 

My reply well so do I, but I really want to try this on and see for myself if I really look as terrible as I'm thinking I'm going to look.  So off to Macy's we go.

Wondering around the store, I find some Sweater's I really like, Gene is still looking at me with that puzzled look on his face - the one that says do I tell her the truth or do I lie.  A side note he knows I want the truth cause if I go out of the house in an outfit that looks terrible on me I'll be more pissed about that than about him telling me I look bad from the get go.  So to date he has never sugar coated my outfits when I try them on and I so appreciate that our relationship allows for that.

I find the sweaters then I can't find any leggings, have to find a sales person finally end up pointed in the right direction.  As I'm looking at the sweaters again, Gene says to me, are you sure you have the right sizes, I think you need to take smaller sizes in the dressing room with you.  I reply there is no way I'm smaller than a medium - that is just impossible.  But to humor Gene I take the small sweater tunic, and the small leggings in with me so he doesn't have to trudge back to the right sections to try to find the smaller sizes if his assessment is accurate.  

I put on the medium leggings they look horrible - way too BIG - How freaking fantastic is that????  So I put on the small legging they fit perfectly.  I'm amazed that the women looking back at me from the mirror is in those small pants.  Then my disbelief takes me to the medium sweater - It's hanging horribly on me, so I try on the small figuring it's going to really look bad, too tight etc.  Well, it does not look terrible, I like it, I really like the outfit on me; I'm shocked.

I go out of the dressing room to find Gene. He says to me, babe you look amazingly hot.  WOW, I look hot in an outfit - I'm blushing......So I also  tried on a sweater that has horizontal stripes instead of vertical and and that looked good but not as good as the one we actually bought.  

Two WOW's in one weekend  - unfreaking fantastic weekend is all I can say.....

Thank you all for letting me share these little wow moments with you all.

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 12/19/10 7:38 am - Whitehall, PA
Way to go tiny lady.. now of course we have to see pics of the small sweater and leggings outfit!

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/19/10 7:43 am, edited 12/19/10 7:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Lisa.  Pictures will be taken Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  I will be wearing the outfit to Gene's sister's house for Christmas Eve festivities, and then on Christmas Day when we go to my daughters house for Christmas.  This year  I get to meet my ex-husbands new girlfriend.....have to look my bestest when that happens....

Ida

IdaMae

Decolady
on 12/19/10 11:19 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Such a great story, Ida!  You go girl!  Can't wait for the pics!

Deb
IdaMae D.
on 12/19/10 6:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Deb.

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/19/10 12:53 pm - Perry, MI
That is such an awesome story.  I am so thrilled for you, and have to confess I miss those Wows.  I need to get back on track and stick with it, the way you have.  you have inspired me so much this weekend.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/19/10 6:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Trish.

Hugs,
Ida

IdaMae

LindaScrip
on 12/23/10 1:16 am
Life is good.  As far as the ex-husband I always say living well is the best revenge!
IdaMae D.
on 12/23/10 5:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
That is true!

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views