OH MY....WOW!!!!

IdaMae D.
on 12/17/10 11:17 pm - Philadelphia, PA
This morning as I was up and getting dressed for ****s and giggles I have a pair of jeans hanging in the closet that I picked up by mistake last time I went shopping for jeans.

Well I put them on, they slid right on, okay I know they will not zip without me laying on the bed sucking everything in.   Eye opening moment - they zipped right up.  So I go downstairs to Gene, honey do these look toooooo tight.  No babe they look wonderful they fit you "just right".  Me - no that is not possible.  Gene - yes they look really good on you.  Now Gene has this very puzzled look on his face like his wife has taken a dive off the deep end.....

I just look at him (must have had a really puzzled look on my face), and he says well what size are they....my reply - honey they are a size 6 petite Gloira Vanderbilt - there is no way these fit....His reply "isn't that feeling amazing when you get into a size you never thought you'd get into", and he tells me again to go look in the mirror because they look really good. 

So upstairs I go again look in the mirror, they do fit, they are not tight. 

I am in a size 6 petite amazing.....

IdaMae

gmom62
on 12/18/10 1:22 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Ida, that is awesome!  Congrats!!  Doing a happy dance for you cause that's what I'd be doing!

Cyd

IdaMae D.
on 12/18/10 3:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
thank you Cyd.  I am doing the happy dance and am also thinking that just maybe leggings and a nice sweater top for my Christmas outfit with my new boots will work.  I have to drag Gene to the store with me I do not trust my instinct at the moment, I know I'd think it looked horrible on me and that my stomach sticks out too much for a sweater.  But just maybe.....

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/18/10 1:35 am - Perry, MI
Way to go Ida.....that is awesome.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/18/10 3:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Trish

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 12/18/10 4:48 am
Ida, that is just fantastic! If anyone had told you a couple of years ago that you would be a 6 petite, would you have EVER believed it?
IdaMae D.
on 12/18/10 6:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lynn,
thanks.  No not at all.  My smallest adult size was a 12 petite.  So I always figured when I had the surgery I'd get back down to a 12.  I was happy to be at that size, but to be back to a size I have not seen since my 20's is pretty awesome.

Ida

IdaMae

kgoeller
on 12/18/10 11:51 am - Doylestown, PA
Ida,

That's freaking awesome!  And Gloria Vanderbilt jeans tend to run SMALL in my experience... so you are just plain tiny, girl!

Now get out there and get that sweater!  YOU may see "saggy stomach" but the rest of the world will be seeing the real you - a knockout!

Karen
IdaMae D.
on 12/19/10 5:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you and Yes, Karen I agree Gloria Vanderbilt jeans run small - shocked that I am wearing them.  I had to put them on again today just to make sure I was not dreaming.....

And we went to Macy's last night and I now have my Christmas outfit, a pretty purple sweater tunic with a pair of black leggings with zippers up the side.

Ida

IdaMae

LindaScrip
on 12/18/10 11:38 pm
as LeAnn Womack would sing I hope you dance!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views