Looking for a pen pal to help me with picking surgery.

loufreeman
on 12/17/10 11:56 pm - Blakeslee, PA
VSG on 08/28/12
Hi every one! I am looking for a pen pal who can help me make the right decision when it comes to the weight loss surgeries. I have been struggling for over 14 years with my weight and i am at the point that no matter how much i work out i cant lose the weight.
I have been recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and i cant run due to the weight i have gained. I am a basketball coach and i struggle keeping up with the 7th and 8th grade players on the court.
Please help out a 43 year old 6'5", 320lb. ex-college basketball player who needs advice.
Ma2jenna
on 12/18/10 2:59 am - Fleetwood, PA
Email me....I will tell you what I know!! 
Sandra                                       MY WL themed Blog:  MA2JENNA

loufreeman
on 12/18/10 4:24 am - Blakeslee, PA
VSG on 08/28/12
Thanks for the response, i will email you my questions.
    Lou
Sandra160
on 12/18/10 3:27 am

Hi, you can email me if you would.  I will try to answer any questions I can.  I went in for the lap band and came out with no choice but the RNY.  I was upset at first, but very grateful I ended up having the RNY.

email address is:  [email protected]

Sandra  

loufreeman
on 12/18/10 4:27 am - Blakeslee, PA
VSG on 08/28/12
Thanks for reponding, i will email you my questions.
     Lou
R K.
on 12/18/10 8:01 am
What do you want to know about WLS? My insurance through Pleasant Valley SD would only cover RNY surgery.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
bvohl
on 12/18/10 9:41 pm
Hi Louis,

My name is Beth and I am currently 18 months out from RNY. I had my procedure at Barix Clinic in Langhorne, PA. I don't know how far that is for you but they are AWESOME!! All they do is bariatric surgery. The surgeons are great and the nursing staff is top notch!! We also have a FANTASTIC support group that meets there on the second Tuesday and Third Wednesday of the month and also on the First Saturday of the month. If you come to one of these meetings you can get most of your questions answered. I would say at this point to go to the Tuesday night Pre op meeting. That is where I got all of my info besides doing research online. The night meetings begin at 7pm. The Saturday meeting begins at 11am and goes to about 1:30.

I have seen others who have gone to regular hospitals and NOT get the treatment and care that I received at Barix. Just my two cents!!

Good luck to you!
Reply to me if you have any other questions....

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

CElizabeth
on 12/20/10 11:48 am
VSG on 11/10/16
Well, one thing I can say is don't go to the Weight Loss Clinic in Harrisburg PA....That being said,
I'm a lap-bander and I don't recommend it. It takes too much time to lose weight and the adjustments take a lot of time off work. I would pick the sleeve if I had to do it all over.
My email is [email protected] if you would like to communicate with me.

One thing I can say is no matter what you get, you are doing the best you can by just getting the surgery.

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views