Half Full!

DianeMarie
on 12/17/10 1:00 am - Delmont, PA
 Last time I went in for my lap band check up they did an upper GI and found out I was blocked.  They removed all the fluid in my band.  Part of me was excited because I needed to gain back a few pounds.  Well I gained back those few pounds plus more.  I am still considered in the healthy range but I am in the high end of it.  I am very uncomfortable with my weight.  

When I saw them today they did another upper GI and said all looked good again so they put half the fluid back in the band.  I'm hoping I have restriction again.  Not too much but enough that I can drop about 10 lbs and I'll be comfortable again.

I had no restriction at all when they removed the fluid.  I've also been unable to exercise since they did the carpal tunnel surgery.  The Dr wants me to wait because I have a tendency to fall.  If I fall on that hand and push myself back up with it I can tear it open.  He said to wait a month.  I have to get back on track with my eating and figure out some type of exercise where I won't fall LOL.  

I've been up since 5 am on 4 hours of sleep.  I work 1 - 9 today.  I am already trying not to sleep.  I have to leave for work in a half hour.  Drank a cup of coffee and I'm pondering a second cup before I go.

Speaking of going.  That crap you drink for the upper gi turns to cement in my colon. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get it moving in my system?

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
kgoeller
on 12/17/10 3:02 am - Doylestown, PA
Diane,

Sorry to hear about your challenges... i do have an idea, though, on the exercise end of things.  How about the recumbent bike or regular bike (kinda hard to fall off) or the rower (if you can with the hand - might want to be careful with that).  Or even just vigorous walking (mall, outside) that's NOT on the treadmill.  The key is just to keep it moving (which will also help with the constipation).

Good luck!  Sounds like things are heading in the right direction!

Karen
Patricia R.
on 12/17/10 10:47 am - Perry, MI

Hi Diane,
So sorry you have had so many challenges physically.  That really does set back all the work we do. 

I echo the suggestion to try a recumbant bike.  I also like the Leslie Sansome walking DVDs which do not require any coordination at all. 

Be careful and patient with yourself. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views