Thank goodness I DUMP!!

dit657
on 12/17/10 12:26 am - Boothwyn, PA
Yes, I know - weird subject line, but honestly if I didn't dump (and hated doing it so much) I would be in a world of trouble right now - seriously, in the past 2 days no less than 10 HUGE GIFT BASKETS have arrived in our offices from various consultants, and since company policy prohibits the individual receiving the gift from taking it (if it's over $25) it goes into our kitchen and is put out for all to enjoy.

Came in this morning to find chocolate covered Moose Munch, milk chocolate s'mores, chocolate covered cherries (OMG I LOVE those things), plus all of the leftover muffins, cakes, bagels, etc from the two breakfast meetings held here this week. Fed Ex showed up this morning with several more boxes and UPS just brought 2 huge boxes in for my boss.

I can't believe the restraint I have right now - I had my burrito for breakfast and for my snack I had lo-fat cottage cheese with sf peaches. But trust me, if it weren't for the fact that I know I dump horribly I doubt the restraint would have been there and I'd be knee deep in chocolate covered cherries by now!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 12/17/10 12:39 am - Perry, MI
Good for you for not testing the waters with any of that junk.  That is awesome.  I have to practice better restraint.  I know the limits and push them constantly.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

kgoeller
on 12/17/10 3:04 am - Doylestown, PA
It's great having that safety net!  But give yourself credit - it is YOUR strength and willpower that are keeping you out of the chocolate!

Great job!
Karen
Cherish F.
on 12/17/10 4:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
I wish I dumped! I am hanging by my fabulous fingernails over here.
Every day another box of candy or cookies shows up. Yesterday was a gift basket from Godiva and a box of boutique hand crafted chocolates from John & Kira's in Philly. Kitchen mint = so good!

The only thing saving me is most everything is in our kitchen. I'm trying to go in as little as possible.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

chelebeth
on 12/17/10 5:05 am - Danville, PA
I found out the hard way that I do dump.  I thought I didnt because I never have  20 months so I kept testing the limits  and earlier this week I dumped and oh boy have I learned my lesson!! Put that fear back in me  and I am so glad it did!!
 CHELE    .....Nothing changes if nothing changes....
Life is short ...forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, 
laugh uncontrollably...
and never regret anything that made you smile.

dhenise
on 12/18/10 11:10 pm
I'm a wuss ....... too afraid to really pu****  Got the shakes/sweats once .............. that was on a few of those low cal shortbread cookies.  Decided to just stay away.  I took it as a blessing. Was never a big candy person, but I'm sure I kept several bakers in business over the years.

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/10 1:08 am
Kathy,

Be proud of your will power to not tempt the fates. Dumping is so not fun!

As for not dumping verus dumping Dennis had nevered dumped he is 5+ yearsout and about 3 weeks ago we had dinner and he vanished upstairs so I went to find him curled up in bed sweaty and not feeling so good. He was dumping for the first time in 5+ years.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views