Jumping the Gun on Thursday Roll Call

lynnc99
on 12/15/10 9:02 am
My check ins over the next few days will be kind of crazy....and when you can only check the forum and FB every 24 hours or so, it seems to take forEVER to catch up with everybody!

So...let's get a head start on tomorrow while there's time, shall we?

I am working in Philly for Wed. - Fri. this week and driving in each day. Gives me a lot more control than the train, and the control freak in me surfaces every so often.

Tomorrow is our holiday luncheon and a retirement celebration for a co-worker, so it's really only half a work day. Truth?  I do hope to shake out early enough to get home and to the gym at a decent hour. I often don't feel all that connected socially at work....it's sort of a good old boy's network happening there, and I just don't play along very well, but I can schmooze through it I guess.

Friday is yet another meeting day. Nuf said.

Saturday I travel down to FL to start the holidays. Mike will join me on Monday. Don't tell, but there is a Christmas tree decorated down there waiting for him. He needs this break so much. He has not had a vacation in 18 months, is working 15 hour days 7 days a week and is under intense pressure. It's not likely to change for a couple of years due to some business changes they have made. And on top of it all, did I mention that a van wiped out a portion of their plant up in Marysville a couple of weeks ago (drunk driver, airborn at 100 mph, 2 fatalities). Anyway, it's just been nuts for him and I hope he can disconnect at least a bit....although there is never really a day "off" for him.

My Christmas shopping is done, and everything is shipped off to Washington, California, Arizona, and MIchigan. PA gifts were delivered via Santa's sleigh last weekend. Vermont gifts were dropped off at Thanksgiving.

This is the first year that I will not be in MIchigan for at least part of the holiday season, and I think I will miss seeing my family at the holidays. It's very likely that Sarah's family will be moving west (Denver?) in 2011....so without knowing it, 2009 may have been our last Christmas to celebrate with everyone there. It comes with the territory, I know, but it is truly the end of an era. Treasure those times with your children all under one roof while you can!!! (Yeah, even when they drive you bananas!)

Well, I'm waxing a bit sentimental here...I'll keep an eye on all of you even if I don't post much in the next couple of days!

Maura M.
on 12/15/10 11:59 am - Yardley, PA
I'm good with you posting early Lynn as I never get on til nighttime anyway and then posting seems so behind the times!

Wed 12/15 surgiversary was great - I was worried I talked too long, but what the hell, my post was long - why not be long winded too.. Today was a happy day and I am hoping that Thursday will be as well - by end of day Friday, a crazy time on my current project will be behind me and hopefully I can have a low key two days of work next week - then I will be off until the new year woooooohooooo!

Shopping - 90%, wrapping 90% - Tree decorating - 80% - house decorating in and out - 10%... baking - 0%  hmmmm... how can I jam the remaining work in AND enjoy holiday festivities...  must invent the 48 hour day to be invoked when needed...

Well - that's about it peeps!

xoxo,

Maura

Maura

steffihope
on 12/15/10 9:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
You absolutely did NOT talk too long!  It was wonderful, inspirational and dare i eve say....funny! :)  I love you and am so proud of everything you have accomplished!  You go girl! :)
bvohl
on 12/15/10 10:47 pm
Maura,

I agree with Steffi! Your presentation was just long enough and YES it was FUNNY!!!

You have done an AMAZING job!

Keep on successing!!

LOVE, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Dennis Belk
on 12/16/10 12:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
No worries Maura.

You did GREAT!

Dennis
Patricia R.
on 12/15/10 1:45 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Lynn and PA,
I am up watching TV, trying to relax.  I started having panic attacks again, and I am really struggling to get relaxed enough to sleep.  So many things are stressing me out these days.  Tis the season...

I did make it to my AA meeting on Wednesday.  I plan to get to another one today.  I also have a job interview for a part time job, so I am also stressed about that.  It has been about four years since I had one.  It is with Northwestern Human Services, to be a psychotherapist.  I had worked there the year I had my surgery, and loved it, but I was working three jobs, and the stress and all that goes with that weighed on me.  This would be my only job, and it would be part time, so I would be able to focus all of my energy on just that.  I am nervous, but thrilled at the same time.

I have to confess that I absolutely hate, despise, deplore, and whatever other words go with that, this cold weather.  It would not be so bad if Utley would pee at the first stop and that would be it.  But no, he has to stop, and sniff for a few minutes and then pass that tree up to go sniff another.  It takes about four stops before he finds the perfect spot.  I can't wait till my landlord lets me move downstairs, where I will have access to the fenced yard. 

Sorry to go so long.  A lot on my mind, and the cold has not made things any easier for any of us.

Stay warm...put on your long johns if you have them.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/16/10 2:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
Trish;

Good luck with your upcoming interview.  Gene has been working @ NHS for over a year now in addition to his private practice.

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/16/10 7:04 am - Perry, MI

Ida,
Which office is Gene at?  I got the job, I just have to wait for the big boss to sign off on my hiring, and then get scheduled for the training they require.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/16/10 12:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Trish;
Congratulations!!!!!

Gene is in the Knights Road office.

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/16/10 10:02 pm - Perry, MI
Knights Road?  That's where I will be.  What a small world.  I will have to look him up.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views