I need to apologize..

SPatel4
on 12/16/10 12:39 am - Levittown, PA
Thanks Beth! I feel soo much better this morning...

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Cheryl.P
on 12/16/10 4:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
there is really no need to apologize. we all feel the same way most days. when you share like that, it makes me feel less like a freak and more like a normal person. it is good to see that we are all the same. you are just braver then me . sometimes i feel i am the only one with those strange cravings,and that i am the only one who can't controll myself. now i know i am not alone or strange.  thank you

SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:22 am - Levittown, PA
Cheryl,
Thank you for being supportive and I just don't know how to be "normal" I am broken and I need to work on that so that I am in control not that demon who wants to take over.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Nicole0216
on 12/16/10 7:50 am - Lancaster, PA
I wasnt there but i want to ask you " what do you think support groups are for silly?" breakdowns and celebrations such is life. I am glad you opened up and utilized the people who love you for support
SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:26 am - Levittown, PA
Nicole,
Very well said. Thank you for being here for me when I need to hear this...

-Shilpa

lynnc99
on 12/16/10 8:06 am
Shilpa, I missed the meeting but two thoughts come to mind. You have been through a lot in the last few months, coping with health issues. Don't be too hard on yourself for reaching out and needing support.

Secondly, early in the process I remember hearing that one absolute key to long term sucessing is...support. Take advantage of this amazing group, my friend!
SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:25 am - Levittown, PA
Lynn,
You are correct I do have the support of this amazing board and all the people that attend the Barix meetings. I feel so much better after attending one. It's a good reminder that as much support as I need from others sometime I feel like maybe just maybe I am not so alone in this after all....

-Shilpa

kgoeller
on 12/16/10 10:34 am - Doylestown, PA
Shilpa,

As everyone else has said, there is NO need to apologize.  It's a SUPPORT group, not a celebration group.  There are times when we laugh together, times that we cry together, times that we get angry together, ... that's what it means to be a family of support.  

There were meny of us last night who were struggling with the same issue that you are .. and that I am... and you have to keep in mind that what YOU expressed and needed was simply vocalizing what many of us were feeling... so where is the harm in that?  You allowed us to explore things that we needed to explore, and to clearly articulate the things we needed to say.  

So be kind to yourself, forgive yourself, and keep walking this journey alongside me and alongside so many of us, one day at a time, one bite at a time, one breath at a time.

Hugs and love to you.
Karen
SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:24 am - Levittown, PA
Karen,
Thank you for the support and the hugs they mean more to me than you know. It really was one of the best meeting ever for me. It was a revelation that I am not "normal" and I need to work harder on fighting to make the right choice to keep successing. And failure really is not an option. Thank you for being a good friend.

-Shilpa

Maura M.
on 12/16/10 11:17 am - Yardley, PA
My dear, darling Shilpa,

Please do not think for one minute that you put a damper on things.  If anything, you provided insight in to the real issues that so many of us face.  While I know that I am still in the honeymoon phase as everyone continues to remind me, it does not in any way shape or form mean that I do not identify with what you are sayng 

Sure, I haven't overdone it with sugar, but I have done it with sugar free and have curled up in pain feeling like I was going to give birth to a sugar alcohol induced baby.

Please never apologize for how you feel.  You can call anytime you need :)  - How about this - yeah, you do owe me - you owe me a call the next time you feel out of control so that you can give me the opportunity to help talk to out of it.

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views