I need to apologize..

SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:20 am - Levittown, PA
Maura,
I take you up on that offer and will call you the next time the inner demon tries to take over. Thank you for being a good friend. Oh I am sure poor Mark will never want to come to another meeting.LOL

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Maura M.
on 12/16/10 12:07 pm - Yardley, PA
His comments were that he thought it was great that everyone felt so comfortable to be that honest in a group setting.  I think that is a sign of a successful support group :)  Well - goodnight dear friend.

xoxo
Maura

Lisa H.
on 12/16/10 6:28 pm - Whitehall, PA
ok, Miss Shilpa... wasn't there, but hellloooooooo You were at a support group.   If you can't release your frustrations and struggles there, where are you going to do it? 

You are human.  You have had a rough couple of months. You made some mistakes.  Who hasn't? The difference is, you told everyone.  You got it out of your system instead of letting it get all bottled up inside and fester and probably get worse.   I say KUDOS to you for venting and sharing.  That's the first step in getting the help you need to fix the problem. 

Now, step away from what ever crap you're putting in your mouth and pick up the phone and call someone next time. 

.................... now to take my own advice.....

My tracker

hers 

SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:36 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks Lisa! I do know better and will be doing just that. Reaching out to someone when the impulse hits me again as I am sure it's bound to...

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Laureen S.
on 12/16/10 7:30 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
My dear sweet Shilpa,

You've heard so many people tell you this, but that is why we go to support beyond the "honeymoon" phase of this surgery.  It certainly is wonderful to get to "goal" or reasonably near to it, but the realities of what we face are ongoing and don't go away, just because the numbers we wear or see on a scale are smaller than at any other time in our lives. 

We all fear the "regain" of our former selves and so we go to support groups and hopefully, we do a service by speaking the truth.  This is a process of ongoing change and changing a lifetime of former ways does not, as I can readily state for myself, come in a year, 2 years, 3 years or more, it takes a lifetime of commitment and vigilance.  In AA we state that this is a "selfish program", what is meant by that is that we are ultimately responsible for our own participation in what works, which is why people continue to attend meetings past 90 days, 1 year and for their lifetime, support works and if it were only about the upside of things, well then I guess no one would need it.

Don't ever apologize for being truthful, for the shame and guilt of making choices that we know are not good for us, will ultimately stop us from being honest and therein will come the "failure" because it will drive us away from supportive people.  You are successing by what you put out there, yes, it is the same "demon" you deal with, but so do the many of us.  I think what you gave people that evening was a gift of knowing that there will be times when they really need just the kind of support you got that night and that it will be there, no judgment.  

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:38 pm - Levittown, PA
Laureen,
I agree that is one of the reasons I make it to the meetings. I feel like I should attend both the Wednesday and Saturdays but unfortunately only have time for one or the other but I walk away feeling so much better knowing that the successing does not stop and ultimately I have to learn how to live with the inner "demon". Thank you for being you. I learn so much from you and the oldies who have walked in the same shoes as I have...

-Shilpa

LindaScrip
on 12/16/10 9:28 pm
Shilpa apology not accepted because no need to make one!  We are here for your good and bad moments we laugh with you and cry with you.  Hell we'll even jump off a roof with you holding hands.  Do you think you are the only one with demons?  Hell no but we deal with them do them and pay the price.  Trust me I have permanent "knee imprints" next to my toilet in the bathroom in my house for eatting that bday cake. Why do you think I have those awesome bathmats from Bed Bath & Beyond?   A moment which will be forever etched in my memory.  I knew I shouldn't have done it . I looked at that yummy wonderful piece of cake and said OMG here I go and I know I am gonna pay dearly for it and I did.  We are human Will I ever do that cake again ? Nope because whenever I am at a place where they serve cake such as bday parties, weddings, and such I leave because I know that little demon in me will start whispering in my ear "come on Linda, you know you wanna do it" and I turn around and hiss shut the f**k up and I leave.  You will know what to do next time that imp resurfaces.  Smack it!  I hope I made you laugh with this post cause I do so love you dearly.  Hugs and kisses!
SPatel4
on 12/16/10 11:35 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks Linda! You certainly put a smile on my face.

-Shilpa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views