I need to apologize..

SPatel4
on 12/15/10 10:57 pm - Levittown, PA
for my break down last night at the Barix post-op meeting. Those of you that were there to celebrate their surgiversary (Maura, Holly and Patrick) I am so sorry that I put a damper on the meeting by breaking down. I do feel better this morning confessing my "sins". I am trying to be kinder to myself by not beating myself up when I make compulsive decisions to put somthing in my mouth that I know better than to eat.

Again my apologies to everyone that was at the meeting who had to witness my breakdown..

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

bvohl
on 12/15/10 11:02 pm
Shilpa,

NO APOLOGY IS NECESSARY!! That is what our group is for, SUPPORT!! We are here for you and we love you! You need to be able to forgive yourself! We love you no matter what and I am glad that you got everything off your chest! Glad that you are feeling better!!

LOVE< LOVE
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

SPatel4
on 12/16/10 12:41 am - Levittown, PA
Beth,
Thank you for being YOU. I really appreciate the kind words and the hugs!!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Lesley G.
on 12/15/10 11:07 pm - Allegan, MI
I agree with what Beth said -- there is no need to apologize!

We all make mistakes when it comes to our food choices sometimes, but there's a world of difference between "I made a mistake" and "I am a mistake." We're human, it happens.
SPatel4
on 12/16/10 12:41 am - Levittown, PA
Thank you so much for your support Leslie...

-Shilpa

steffihope
on 12/16/10 12:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am so sorry that I was unable to stay to be there for you.  I am glad that you are startng to feel better after letting it out.  It seems that it is the way to go.  I am here if you want to talk - feel free to text during the day or call at night!  Love you and thank you for being so inspirational to me and so many others.
SPatel4
on 12/16/10 12:40 am - Levittown, PA
Thanks Steffi. I will take you up on that offer of calling someone the next time my inner demon tells me to make that bad choice...

-Shilpa

Dennis Belk
on 12/16/10 12:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Shilpa, Shilpa, Shilpa...
Like the girls said, there is never a need to apologize in this cir****tance. I'm sure Maura, Patrick and Holly understood with the rest of us.
It's important for you to to let it out for yourself first but to also to show Everyone the freedom you feel in sharing the way you did. It's important for our group to see it and know that this is part of the process of support. So last night we shared some information and thoughts (about carrying medical alert records) , we experienced some triumphs in our December surgiversary celebrants, some happiness for our December birthday peeps and some needed "confessing and venting" with the group.  Overall I think that was a well-rounded successing meeting and we all left with something to help us. I think you did as well. Remember to work on converting that demon Shilpa and bring it over to the "lite" side. You're the boss. Do it for you and your family.

Dennis

SPatel4
on 12/16/10 12:37 am - Levittown, PA
Thanks Dennis. I feel sooo much better and as always I left the meeting feeling inspired by a lot of you. Thanks again...

-Shilpa

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/10 12:36 am
Shilpa, 

I am sorry that I was not there last night but please never feel that you need to say you are sorry for expressing your feelings. Support is about the highs and the lows we all share in this journey, where else will people understand the then in that room.

Be kind to yourself Shilpa.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views