Tuesday Roll Call Freezing

Patricia R.
on 12/13/10 1:19 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
Someone turned on the air conditioning again outside.  I am so grateful for warm clothes and heat.

Tuesday has me filing a ton of paperwork.  I cleaned out my filing cabinet and am reorganizing everything.  I also have to get groceries, and finally get to my storage unit to put things away.  My back seat is full.

And, I confess, I ended up taking a long nap on Monday and missed my AA meeting.  I must haul a** to a meeting and talk about something.  Monday was my baby brother's 45th birthday.  He ahs been in heaven for four years, and I miss him terribly.  He never got to meet the Munchkins, and it really has me depressed this week.  I confess I have not been making good choices.

Hope everyone stays warm.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 12/13/10 6:34 pm, edited 12/13/10 6:34 pm - Whitehall, PA
I know how hard it must be for you dealing with memories of your brother.  Just remember the great times you had with him.  Here's my input on getting to the meeting....

Photobucket

Now that I've taken care of that.........

Tuesday... working OT again.  We have 10 hours of mandatory OT this week.. sigh...

after work, Hebrew School run.. I'll go over to the Bethlehem Gold's during Hebrew School and do cardio--probably spin bike.

After Hebrew School, pilates.

Home

Bed?!?! I can hope.

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/13/10 7:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish & PA:

Trish - sending ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) and prayers that you will make a meeting today.

Presentation went very well last evening.  We did discuss the tardiness in me receiving the presentation that allowed me less than a 24 hr turn around time.  The two other women in my group did say they realize they need to learn to organize better when working in a group as others depend on them getting their portions completed in order to pull it completely together as far as APA format and such. 

Today has me heading to the lab for bloodwork for my PCP appt. on Thursday.  I had planned to go on Saturday, but me being a creature of habit, got out of bed at the crack of dawn and took my morning vitamines so I could not go once I'd done that.  Today I'll probably be late for work, not sure how the crowd situation is at the lab, I remember the last time I went earely AM it was a significant wait time.

Depending on what time I get to work I'll either be heading home at 4 or 5.  Have a few errands I should run after work, we'll see how tired I am.  I also have homework for my coding class that I have to knock out today prior to tomorrow evenings class.

And yesterday Gene spoke to our general contractor, the permits have not come through yet, so he is heading down here to the city to wherever you go for said permit to confront them face to face.  He is planning to begin in a few weeks.  So it is time for me to get off that river of DENIAL and start packing up the house.  I'm off from school for the next 2 weeks - however do have a ton of homework so we shall see what I can get accomplished in those weeks so that construction can begin.

Hope everyone has an awesome day.....as well as stays as warm as possible....

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 12/13/10 7:57 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All

Trish - get your butt to a meeting!!!! No more procrastinating!

I am at work today freezing. It is a construction zone here, they are putting in a new men's room right outside of my office so there is lots of noise, occasionally water shut offs and all sorts of fun. At lunch I need to run out to 2 banks. After work might stop at Home Depot for a few Christmas gifts then off to my Mom's to pick up Mia, home to make dinner, clean a bit and early to bed I hope! The last few nights have been rough, Mia doesn't want to sleep - UGH!
Decolady
on 12/13/10 8:41 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
This morning I have my 4 month check up with Dr. Boorse.  Then off to the store to sell some warm coats, I'm sure!!

Stay warm, everyone, and have a great day!!

Peace,

Deb 
lynnc99
on 12/13/10 8:46 pm
Brrrr! As the song says, baby it's cold outside! But if there is any comfort in knowing, my Michigan family has wind chills of -20 going on.

Mike was up and out by 3 am today and I have been kind of awake ever since.

Had a great visit and dinner with Beth last night! Fun! Beth, thanks for meeting me halfway!

Trish, get to your meeting. After you go, you will feel better. If you don't go, you will spend a lot of energy feeling guilty and rationalizing.

Ida, I know how shocking it is that people in graduate school don't have better skills to work on a project or in a group. I remember one huge project I was involved with where a member of the group didn't show up for the presentation!

Today I am just working and heading to the gym and trying to stay warm!
steffihope
on 12/13/10 9:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish - Time for the kick in the ass - bad choices or not - get thee to a meeting!  I am hoping those bad choices were food related and NOT alcohol related - you do NOT want to start over!  ANd I am pretty sure your brother would NOT want you wasting negative energy on him.  That is NOT the way to memorialize a loved one!  (Sorry if I am harsh....wait - not sorry - I would expect the same thing from all of you if I was confessing!)  (And - I love you!)

Anyway - I am up and at school.  Had a FABULOUS evening in Rittenhouse Square last night with my fb hubby, his actualy wife and Larry.  We laughed and ate and before we knew it, it was almost 11.  oops - and neither of us anywhere near our beds.  oh well.....you only live once right.  We always have a GREAT time with them.  I was just talking with the same student from yesterday.  I feel so bad, but she is so low and I really don't have the time to teach her the basics, but for 20 minutes before school daily.  UGH!  How do parents allow their children to be so low and only realize it in 8th grade.  These are relatively intelligent parents who I got to meet last week at conferences.  She really wants to learn the material, but is so behind, it breaks my heart.  I really don't know how to work with her during class hours when everyone else is working on the current material.  And the other part is that if I start the paperwork to get her checked out, it will be a waste of my time, as well as the school counselor, as she will be long gone from our school before it even makes its way to the testing part of it.  There are some major frustrations being an 8th grade teacher that have NOTHING to do with the age of my amazing kiddies!

Anyway - enough of that rant.  School, pick up a few kids, head over to the synagogue, teach thrid grade, hopefully have a potty break, teach the 10th and 7th graders, home to collapse......yeah right - invitations have to go out later this week!  (Which in my world, means NEXT week!)

Hope you all find a way to warm up!  Happy "Cliff Lee" Tuesday!
dit657
on 12/13/10 9:47 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good frigid morning all - Trish, I can only echo everyone else's thoughts about getting yourself to a meeting today. As for missing your brother I hope memories of him warm your heart and they are something no one can ever take away from you. Hugs...

I'm at work - trying to thaw out. My fingers are still cold - of course I'm drinking an iced coffee so that could be why - DUH! Anyway, I'm here.

So hey Philies Fans - How about the Cliff Lee deal? Christmas has come early to the City of Brotherly Love!!

Last night was my last PT appt - I feel my arm has come as far as its going to - I have bands and exercises to do at home and the therapist agreed. I see the ortho on Friday and will let him know. Went home, heated up chili for dinner, watched Elf. Went to bed.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda today - some on-line holiday shopping and getting my thoughts together on the last few gifts I need. And that's about it for me.

STAY WARM everybody!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 12/13/10 9:50 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!!

Trish- Please get to the meeting today!! You have a lot going on and you need the support!!

Lisa- You are TOO funny!!

Lynn- I also had a FUN time with you last night!! I CANNOT wait to try out my mixer! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! We should do that again sometime soon!!

Today is wor****il 3:30 then off to see Dr. P. for the last time. Stop for something to eat, then back to Barix for Pre op meeting. Home, snuggle time with Dee, then crashing for the night.

That is it for me!

Have a great day and bundle up it is COLD out there!!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 12/13/10 10:13 pm - Whitehall, PA
Trish has said that she needs a kick in the ass.. I was just obliging.......  

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views