Anyone from South Central PA

TNBrad526
on 12/13/10 12:58 pm - Mechanicsburg, PA
 I am trying to contact anyone who may have had a surgical procedure done at the PSU Hershey Medical Center.  I have  to chose a surgeon and a procedure and could use some advice.  If anyone has had any experience with Medicaid insurance and there approval process it would be helpful?  How long did it take for approval?  I have Unison/MedPlus which is changing to UnitedHealthCare.  How many weeks before surgery does the physician's office submit for approval?  Thanks in advance.

dit657
on 12/13/10 9:48 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sadly I have no experience with your type of insurance but did want to welcome you to the PA Boards and wish you all the best on your journey!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
TNBrad526
on 12/13/10 10:37 pm - Mechanicsburg, PA
Thank you Kathy.  I appreciate the support and encouragement.
jojobear98
on 12/14/10 3:37 am - Gettysburg, PA
I am from South Central PA. I had my surgery at PSHMC.

However, I am not sure I can answer any of your questions. I had my surgery over 6 years ago. My surgeon has since moved on. And I had Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

At the time, after all my pre-surgery appts were finished, I met with my surgeon, he set a date and the office submitted for approval. (the date was set 3 weeks from my last visit with him.)

Your best bet is to ask these questions to the surgeons office. As they know their own process, and issues with certain companies.

Good Luck.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views