Manic Monday Roll Call

bvohl
on 12/12/10 9:48 pm
Steffi,

You should have called me!! I am here if you need to talk just like you were there for me when I needed to talk! DO NOT GO TO THE ICING!!! I also had a great time on Friday night! Your MIL was so nice and spending time with your family is always fun!!

Love ya,
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 12/12/10 10:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
There are many things I SHOULD have done - but when I am in a depressed state - which does not happen often, I don't really know how to handle it so my choices are wrong.  But, fortunately, there were people *****ad me and took care of it!   And, I do know that I have a TON of people I could have turned to - you DEFINITELY being one of them!  Thank you - and as for my MIL, she was on good behavior, she is a real pain in the ass.......However, I am glad she was nice to you! :)
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 10:12 pm
Sounds like you and I could have sat with two spoons in the icing this weekend...But know I love you and always here for you. Love you Steffi! 

PS...SHe was nice to me too but then again she is not MIL!
bvohl
on 12/12/10 10:29 pm
Steffi,

I understand when you are depressed you make wrong choices, I do the same thing!! I think we all do. Just wanted to let you know that I am here for you! BTW, MOST MIL's are a pain in the ass!! Just sayin....

Love, Beth

bvohl
on 12/12/10 9:56 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DENNIS, KAREN and PAM!! Hope you have a GREAT day because you all deserve it!

Today is wor****il 3:30 unless we have a staff meeting....then it will be slightly later! Then going to meet Lynn to pick up my mixer!!! So excited to try it out! THANKS SO MUCH LYNN!!! Home after that, make sure Dee is ok, she is fighting a cold. Relaxation, bed then up to do it all again!! This week is going to be a VERY busy week! I have things going on ALL week after work! Tomorrow I go to see Dr. P for the last time , I am kind of concerned because I have not budged on the scale AT ALL! I hope she won't be too disappointed in me! I would hate to have our last meeting end on a down note!  Wish me luck!!

Have a great Monday everyone!!

Beth

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 10:21 pm
Monday Monday.....

Well survived the weekend and planning a surprise party in Atlantic City for Dennis this past Friday. It was some major work to get it all planned but recruited my girlfriends to help out and everything worked out AWESOME. Guess I love him.

THe test of the weekend I was in a low key mood then yesterday I had a melt down in Kmart I just miss my Mom. This *** is making me want to do nothing and I have no Christmas spirit at the moment. I better find it since I have a ton of things to do the next few days.

Today is Dennis' birthday and I am making him  his dinner of choice which is BBQ chicken, homemade potato salad plus he reqwuested peas as his veggie so he can have those and I will make another veggie. Then hope to attemp the big green tree in my living room .
Shannon O.
on 12/12/10 11:02 pm - Reading, PA
well another day at hell... oh I mean the job lol... and I'm soooo tired... the girls were so bad yesterday... bugging and harassing each other and Jeremy hid... grrrr.... anyways... tonight once i am home I need to do laundry, dishes, and pick up all the crap that the girls didn't put away... why can't they get along lol!

kgoeller
on 12/12/10 11:11 pm - Doylestown, PA
Morning, everyone!

Trish - hugs and best wishes as you get to your meeting.  Sorry you're struggling so much right now, i know it's a tough time of year.

This was a great weekend, just a bit too busy, with multiple things going on every day.  I need a weekend to recover from the weekend!  

It was great seeing so many of you at cooking class Saturday.  And then I had a wonderful birthday dinner with hubby Saturday night.  Sunday I got some basic grocery shopping done and started (YIKES!) my christmas shopping, then did all my normal "sunday night cleaning" and getting ready for the week so that I could head up to the party last night without having that hanging over my head.

We went up to Piscataway last night for a gathering of old work friends, who we haven't seen in 3 or 4 years.  It was so wonderful getting together with them all and catching up - we keep in touch via email and "grapevine" but it's not like sitting down together and having fun for a few hours.  A few wow moments for me - they couldn't believe how I look and dubbed me "skinny *****" for the night.  And one of Judy's neighbors who I had never met came over later... at one point she said "I just have to say you are so pretty - so tall and slender" (and she knows nothing of my history!)... WOW.  And I needed that!

So this morning was the gym, a visit to a client's house, and now work all day.  I arrived at the office to a gorgeous bunch of roses from my team, and later on we'll have fruit and SF cookies in my honor :-).

I wish Dennis and Pam wonderful days, as well!

Hope you all have a great day, too!

Karen
Patricia R.
on 12/12/10 11:24 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
Thanks for the encouragement about my meeting.  It is a tough time of year.  Today is my brother's birthday, and he has been gone for four years.  He would be 45 today, and I miss him terribly.  Also, I am at a point in my program where I have to make amends to people, and I am struggling with this one with my Mom.

Happy Birthday to you. 

Hugs,
'Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

kgoeller
on 12/12/10 11:33 pm - Doylestown, PA
So sorry about your brother - time doesn't truly heal losses like that, but it does make them more bearable.  Taking the time to remember the good times and to feel and grieve the loss can be very healing for you. 

As to making amends, again, time will show you the way.  If you "have" to make amends, it's kinda like telling 2 kids fighting on the playground to "shake hands and say you're sorry"... just "saying" you're sorry doesn't mean anything.  There are some relationships that are very toxic to us, and it doesn't matter any more who is "right."  Making amends in a relationship like that might be something very different than apologizing (which is how we traditionally think of "making amends.").  It might be simply acknowledging the toxicity and agreeing on a less-toxic path forward, in the hopes that someday you'll both reach a point where healing and deeper forgiveness can evolve.  I'm hoping someday to reach that point in my relationship with my mom, but also recognize that given her personality it will have to be a unilateral movement on my part.  Sigh.

Hugs to you!
Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views