Manic Monday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 12/12/10 1:03 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
Up late on Sunday watching the Eagles game, and Indian Jones movie.  Too keyed up to sleep right now.  Had a huge cup of coffee at 7:00 to make sure I did not fall asleep during the game.

Monday has me heading to my AA meeting.  I am still having those crazy drinking urges, and I need to get to a meeting to talk about it.  I also have an appointment with a podiatrist to discuss my hammer toe.  I bought new boots for winter, and the toe hurts like craxy in them.  Even my Birkenstocks are uncomfortable.  I also have to hit the grocery store for supplies for baking and cooking.  ShopRite has the cheese I need for the stuffed shells I am making for Christmas on sale.

I hope everyone is safe and warm.  Also hope the snowing is stopped out in Western PA. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 12/12/10 6:47 pm, edited 12/12/10 6:47 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Trish and PA

Today is the birth date of 3.. count them 3 of our OH family... Karen, Dennis and Pam.  Happy Birthday to all of you!!!!!

Had a fantabulous weekend!!!!!!!!!!!  Time spent with friends and family, including some of you, is worth every second of missed sleep!!

Back to work today til 3:30.  Siehara has a follow up with the dr at 4:15 for her ankle and breathing stuff.  Later tonight I have a Sisterhood meeting... I think/hope.  So far, only one person has said she would be there.  Hoping for at least 2 more.  This is really getting out of hand with people not coming.  I need to figure out what to do about it.

Other than that, just making dinner and resting from the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day, even if it is Monday.

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/12/10 7:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish;

Today I am exhausted.  I am working on a presenation for class tonight with 2 of my classmates.  The two women who were working on this prior to me had two weeks to put their portions of the PP together then send it to me.  Of course the PP is a law case that pretains to Managed Health Care, not an easy quick thing to review and write about.  I did not receive it until 3pm yesterday for the addition of my portion.  So I was going crazy yesterday trying to make sense of their portions in order to fit my portion into this presentation, Gene finally sat with for the remainder of yesterday - 6 hrs we worked on this to get my slides into an order to flow with their portions of the presentation.  This morning when I arrive at work I have some finishing touches to put onto it. 

Last evening prior to me heading to bed I received an email from the first woman who worked on this presentation, she took a week and half before she sent out the PP so the remaining two of us could work on it, asking when I'd be sending it out to the group as she needs to make changes to her slides.  I had 6 or so hrs yesterday to work on this, compared to the week and half she took then the 5 days the second woman took.  If not for Gene this would not have come together for me.  I don't mind working with others on projects when they are timely, however, this is the reason in school that I prefer to work on my own especially when there is a grade involved in it.  At this point I am worried about the final grade we'll receive for this project, my grade for this project hinges on them which I do not like at all.  I am not cofident in their presentation skills or their portions of the project.

Now that my rant is over.  The rest of today is get my arse to work - I'm late.  I was supposed to bake brownies for our Christmas Party at work today, but school work took priority, so no brownies.  After the Christmas Party this afternoon, I'll leave the office at 4 then I have class till 10.

Hope everyone has an awesome day....

Ida

IdaMae

kgoeller
on 12/12/10 10:58 pm - Doylestown, PA
Ida,

It would be appropriate to reply to her with the basic equation:  

Your time allotment:  1.5 weeks
Jane's time allotment:  5 days
My time allotment:  6 hours

Because of this schedule, unfortunately there will be no time to do a final review of the presentation by all of the participants. 

No need to apologize or explain further.  She made her choice early on, which then backed the rest of you into a corner.  Don't put up with it or allow yourself to be further pushed around by it.  Excel at your part of the presentation and it will be crystal clear to the professor who has both the organizational and presentational skills.  That's all you can do.  It's an unfortunate consequence of poorly managed group work.

K.
Liz R.
on 12/12/10 7:56 pm - Easton, PA
Yes Happy Birthday to 3 wonderful people today! Dennis Karen and Pam!!

I am at work today until 4. I did something to my back yesterday and can barely move today. I stuck on one of those icy hot patches and I hope that makes a difference. After work just headed to my Mom's to hang out with her and Amelia. Tonight I hope will be to bed early as a certain little girl decided that 3am was a great time to play...
Shannon O.
on 12/12/10 10:59 pm - Reading, PA
oh don't you hate that... anything before 7am is not a good time to play in my book lol... can you get into the chiro today to look at your back?

shoutjoy
on 12/12/10 9:02 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

I have three quizes to take, packing stuff to pick up, visit two job sites to see if they are hiring and then sit and relax, hopefully.  I do enjoy my part time status, but we can't afford it.  Oh well...

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

dit657
on 12/12/10 9:10 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - after feeling down and sluggish all day Sunday I am back to feeling much better today - took a Tylenol PM last night and it knocked me out, which I needed - only woke up once and went right back to sleep - sleep is good.

Today is work and PT after work - maybe some shopping this evening with my nephew. Need to sit down and really go over my list. Have to run out at lunch and cash in my bank change and get some gift cards, make my car payment, etc. Christmas cards just need to be sealed and I can get them out today, too. So I did do some productive things yesterday but really had to push myself through each one.

That's about it for me - should be a quiet week.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 12/12/10 9:40 pm
HI everyone. No big plans for the day here. I am working, getting to the gym, and loading up Christmas gifts for shipping. This is the first time I've shipped my Michigan gifts so it is quite a bunch of stuff, but I just don't like giving gift cards to everyone.

Keep warm today, and let's be glad we didn't get the snowstorm that hit so much of the country!
steffihope
on 12/12/10 9:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all of PA - HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY birthday to Dennis, Karen and Pammy!  Hope it is a GREAT day for the three of you!  Hey - I even dedicated my fb status to the three of you - you must be REAL special to me! :)

I am at school with a student who is way lower than I thought. This is her first year in the Philadelphia public school system.  She is coming from a private school and it is times like these that I really do understand how our curriculum is one of THE best in the area and I am VERY proud to be a teacher here in Philadelphia!  Oy - she really needs remedial - she is struggling lining up numbers for addition and subtraction....oh well.....Looks like this is what I will be doing for the next few weeks!

Anyway - what a weekend.  LOVED LOVED LOVED celebrating Dennis' birthday on Friday night in Atlantic City.  What a surprise.  And, although I did stay at my in-laws, I was fortunate enough NOT to have to deal with them for long.  The rest of the weekend was sad and depressing.  I sat home Saturday night as Larry had to work and then was still miserable yesterday until a VERY good friend talked me down from my sadness.  I was actually at the market and he knew how sad I was, was texting with me and finally knew something was REALLY wrong, called me and jokingly said, "I am just making sure you are NOT going to eat a tub of icing......"  Guess what was in my cart.....I made Molly put it back.  Thank god people know me!  I am starting to feel a bit better.

Today will be a fun and crazy day.  Directly from school i am headed to the pool, showering and changing there, going to get my nails done, I hope then back to pick up Larry and head out to dinner in Rittenhouse Square for friends birthday.  I have been looking forward to spending time with these people for quite some time!

I hope your day is a good one!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views