Back on Track - Wednesday

kgoeller
on 12/8/10 3:00 am - Doylestown, PA
I thought I'd try posting daily (it's taken me until just now to have time to do it) to keep myelf honest and accountable about getting back on track.  Feel free to jump in as you wish (or not - whatever you need!).

Yesterday was a better day in terms of being on track.  I planned my food and remained on track and on plan until the very end of the day, when I was tired and took a small handful of healthy "crackers" that I hadn't planned.  On balance, it felt like an appropriate, abstentious (is that even a word?) day.  

I had my personal training appointment last night, so got my exercise in appropriately.

I tried some of the deep breathing exercises that Trish suggested and they DID help when I was struggling a bit at the end of the day.    I got all my water in, and had it as jus****er with a lemon wedge - that worked well for me and I do think that having it unsweetened made a big difference.

I spent some time last night deliberately not stressing :-).  I also did some re-reading and deep thinking from the first chapter of "anatomy" - I reinforced with myself that the answers to the addiction questions definitely point me to refined carbs and sugar as my main addictions. 

Last night I packed my food for today with an eye to specifically planning the day's nutrition.  So far, so good.

The work continues today.  My mind feels quieter for having publicly confronted this and for having defined a plan and a course of action.   Of course, I want it "DONE NOW" and to see the scale start moving back in the right direction, but like everything else worthwhile, I need to be patient.

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views