I'M 40!!!

spazzdak
on 12/7/10 11:15 pm
TODAY'S MY 40th BIRTHDAY!!!!!   

And much like Steffi - I think all things today are about me!!! It's MY DAY!!!!

My husband threw me a party this past Saturday and lots of friends were there. Everyone was so generous with their compliments! I swear I'm walking on air. 

With the 3+ feet of snow we got, I prefer walking on air vs. cold snow.

I didn't have the surgery with the intent of celebrating my 40th in a whole new body, but it's worked out that way and I couldn't be happier! I had my one year check up last Friday. I've lost 115# for an 85% loss of excess weight. The physicians assistant said she'd "never seen anyone with a number that high from their office." Now, I don't know if that means over one year or over all...but, I don't care...I heard I was the best weight loser and that's all I cared about!!!!! They asked me to speak at the support meeting...which gives me hives...but, I'll do it as a thank you to the doctor.

Tomorrow is my one year surgiversary....I've been waiting to post before and after pictures side by side. If I can figure that out. If anyone can link me to a "how-to" I'd appreciate it. I'm going to take pictures and measurements and all that stuff. I'll hog another post tomorrow.

Humor me please!  :-)

"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/10 11:49 pm
Happy 40th Birthday! 

Enjoy it and I can tell you that life has beennothing but awesome since I turned 40! Enjoy your day and may all your days be filled with love and blessings.
spazzdak
on 12/7/10 11:52 pm
 Thank you!!! I am looking forward to "Fabulous at 40!"
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

bvohl
on 12/8/10 12:19 am
Happy 40th Birthday AND Happy Surgiversary!

Things can only get better from here!

Doing the happy dance!

Beth V.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

SPatel4
on 12/8/10 12:26 am - Levittown, PA
Happy 40th Birthday and Surgiversary in advance. I agree with Beth some things are better at 40 I know I look fit and fabulous on my 40th then I did at my 25th birthday. Love the new me. I agree that you have done tremendously well. I have had the opportunity to speak at my doctor's seminar and though I am not a public speaker I did it for my doctor whom I love dearly.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Cherish F.
on 12/8/10 12:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Birthday and Happy Surgiversary to you!!!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

lynnc99
on 12/8/10 2:19 am
Happy birthday and happy surgiversary! You will be fantastic at 40!
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/10 2:44 am, edited 12/8/10 2:45 am - Toronto, Canada
Happy 40th Birthday and Happy 1st Surgiversary!!

May this be the start of many more fabulous birthdays to come with your new bad self! lol

Hugs!
Carol
dit657
on 12/8/10 3:34 am - Boothwyn, PA
Happy 40th Birthday!! Please enjoy this sugar free cake from me!! Fantastic!!

And major congratulations on your amazing journey and fabulous first year - you go, girl!!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
spazzdak
on 12/8/10 5:50 am
 MMMMMMMMM - sugar free/animated cake - MY FAVORITE!!!

I did get a sugar free chocolate cheesecake from a great friend this past weekend. It was fabulous and I enjoyed a sliver for breakfast and lunch til it was gone.

Thank you for the wishes!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views