Thursday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 12/8/10 1:26 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Pennsylvania,
Another late night for me.  I have a new addiction.  "Criminal Minds" on ION network.  OMG.  My niece is studying forensic psychology in Washington and woud love to do an internship with the FBI at Quantico. 

Anywho, Thursday will start with an AA meeting, because I have been having crazy thoughts of drinking lately.  Wednesday was terrible, and my feeble, lame thoughts of going to a meeting were sidelined by phone calls and other lame excuses.  This is the worst I have had it since I left rehab.  Part of me is thinking about how well my visit with my daughter and grandchildren was, I need to sabotage it.  Like, I do not deserve good things, and must be bad in order to make things normal again.  I did speak with my sponsor at length tonight about it. 

Thursday also has a hematologist appointment, and bloodwork on its agenda.  Then, some Christmas shopping.  I want to get it all done, and overwith and wrap the presents and put them under my tree.

But, first things first...AA meeting then doctor then shop.

Have a warm day.  LOL

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/8/10 6:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good Morning PA & Trish;

Tri****'s time to get to a meeting today, sending positive thoughts and prayers that you motivate yourself to get there.

I'm very tired today.  Out two night a week for classes is exhausting.  I am enjoying the coding class very much.  It is amazing how our instructors lecture is making so much sense.

As for my Dell saga it continues.  I've punted this to Gene, I have run out of patience which is extremely unusual for me.

Today I'm working till 4, then home to put the finishing touches on my law case presentation for Monday.  I'm working with two other women in my MBA class to present a health care law case and I want to get my portion to them so they can look over it and we can discuss it prior to Monday evening.

Hope everyone has an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 12/8/10 7:38 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!

Trish - get yourself to that meeting!! you DO DESERVE to be happy and have things going well!!! Have you considered a move to be out near your daughter?

I am at work today early to work on a big project. Here until 4 then headed home to hang out with Amelia. Tonight I need to clean the bathrooms and mop the floor, also make dinner and get my shopping list together for tomorrow.

Have a good day all and stay warm!
Nicole0216
on 12/8/10 7:59 pm - Lancaster, PA
Trish now that is an addiction I can support.

Today is cold and I am dealing with the aftermath of an email debacle and foot in mouth syndrome. It was unfortunate but I am actually feeling pretty good that now someone who has been rough to deal with now genuinely knows my feelings about them. It will be a rough recover but the fact that I am almost happy about the faux paux tells me that it was the right thing and needed to be done a long time ago.

Today is work, and then not much, need to come up with a new lease on my life and today is as good as any.

I found that there is an ice skating rink 1 block from where i work. I may be delusional but I used to love ice skating as a kid and when I have happy dreams I am always ice skating and gliding across the ice.  I have contacted them to see if they have any adult beginners classes. Jason is worried i will hurt myself, I am afterall not 10 anymore LOL We will see
Decolady
on 12/8/10 8:38 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Nicole, that ice rink is probably where my son plays hockey for Millersville!  They play at both Lancaster and Regency Ice Rinks.  Good exercise if you can do it, my ankles are just not strong enough for it.

Good for you, looking for another fun way to exercise.  I'll stick with Zumba for now!
Nicole0216
on 12/8/10 11:10 pm - Lancaster, PA
It is regency
dit657
on 12/8/10 8:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Get out there and strap those skates on! My boss used to skate in high school - she's now 52 and Tuesday was the first time she's been on skates in years, but her brother wants her to teach his son how to ice skate so she said she better practice up - she said she did pretty good, so I know you can do it too! Riding a bicycle isn't quite as dangerous, but I felt so wonderful the first time I rode my bike after my surgery and its true what they say - you never forget.

So get out there and have a ball!! I bet its good exercise too?

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
dit657
on 12/8/10 9:02 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Trish, do something wonderful for yourself and go to your meeting. Liz is right - you do deserve to be happy - you have a wonderful family and they love you and want and need you around for a long time - don't let those Munchkins down!! I know they adore their grandma. Sending positive thoughts your way.

I'm at work - quiet night last night - they added some new exercises to my physical therapy so I was pretty sore when I got home. Made dinner and iced my arm down most of the night. Today at lunch I have some errands to run - Petco for Jude-food, and Staples to see if I can get a small white board for playing Pictionary tomorrow night at our office holiday party - one of the guys is bringing his karoke machine! This could get ugly, folks - LOL!!

And other than that not much on my agenda - tonight is home PT for my arm and back on my bike. I'm starting slowly but I am starting.

Bundle up folks - its another bitter cold day out there - brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 12/8/10 9:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all of PA - Yo Trish - you are an amazing woman who CAN BE happy!  You have raised your daughter to be an amazing mom and think of how proud of YOU she is! Get thee to a meeting madame!  (PS - I too am so proud of you - know how strong these damned TRUE addictions are - to be able to fight it and able to write about it in lieu of falling prey...damn girl....you are like a hero of some sort!)

So - today is school, school and more school......I am doing my regular teaching thing this morning then I am hanging here this afternoon from 3:15 - 5:30 TRYING my damndest to get grading done - I am even forgoing the pool for this - then at 5:30 - more parent-teacher conferences.  I am worried as there are 90+ students that I teach and they are all invited - now, there were about 1/3 that came last week - but if you know ANY math at all, that does NOT bode well for the other 2/3 of kids whose parents may just show up.  Some of the middle school teachers are saying that they are leaving at 7 no matter WHO is in their line - I can't see myself doing that - I know how important people's time is and if they are waiting to see me - then I can't justify that I can't stay to see them and then ***** when their kid is not doing well.  So - I am here til at least 7, most likely later than that.  we shall see - then Larry is home tonight - so hoping for some cuddling on the couch in front of the TV before I fall asleep - more than likely on the couch laying on Larry.....it's a gift! :)

Hope your Thusday is a good one! :)
Liz R.
on 12/8/10 9:57 pm - Easton, PA
Do I get to see Steffi and her kiddos this weekend?????????????
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views