Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 12/6/10 1:16 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Pennsylvania,
Could someone turn the heat up outside?  It is wicked cold out there.  Even my down coat is not enough on days like Monday.

Well, I got the Christmas stuff out of my storage unit, and now have to get it from my car, up to my apartment.  I hesitated to do it Monday, because I still had not emptied both of my suitcases, and thought I should complete that first.

Tuesday has me heading to Aria Bucks for a Pulmonary Function Test, which is a follow-up to my blood clot and pneumonia.  I see my pulmonoligst on Friday.  Then, I hope to make an AA meeting because I did not get to any in Michigan.  I need to do that, because there was plenty of temptation out there.  They sell beer and wine in 7-11 and Rite-Aid, as well as all the grocery stores.  I was reading a grocery ad and saw my favorite wine on sale.  Argh.  I have to confess it was the second time I was tempted to buy alcohol since I left rehab 11 months ago. 
I also need to get back to the gym.  I am really out of shape now, and need to get back on track with the cardio.  Not sure if I should do any strength training yet, but I can do the ellpitical, just not sure how long.. 

I hope everyone stays warm, and safe today.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jojobear98
on 12/6/10 1:56 pm - Gettysburg, PA

Good Morning Trish!

Congrats on passing on the alcohol, and congrats on doing ANYTHING on the eliptical! 5 minutes does me in, so anything on that machine is a bonus in my book!

Tonight has me sleepless as my hubby is sick, and snoring so freaking loud! I decided to make camp in the living room so he can get rest and so can I.

Hope everyone has a great day. I am sure I will be tired and mustering through it as I can.

Stay warm,

Jo

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

shoutjoy
on 12/6/10 6:39 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

With another 18 inches possible, I don't plan on doing much today.  I still have to work but it may be slow.  I cancelled the meeting for tomorrow night due to the weather.  I have my endoscopy tomorrow morning so I will be resting.  My hubby is supposed to drive out to NJ tomorrow.  I wish he didn't have to.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Lisa H.
on 12/6/10 7:13 pm - Whitehall, PA
morning Trish... BIG KUDOS for passing on the alcohol!!!!!

Just do what you can do on the elliptical.. it's better than not doing at all, right??

Today has me working til 3:30
Hebrew School
hopefully meeting up with the girl who gave us Skecher to return the cat carrier
After Hebrew School, we are going up to our friend's to watch her kids so she and her husband can go out on a date.   I'll miss pilates tonight, but sometimes repaying a friend's favor is much more important.

Home to what I hope will be a somewhat early bedtime.

Have a great day.

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 12/6/10 7:40 pm - Lancaster, PA
trish proud of you, a sale on your fav wine is no reason to give in and you know that. You save $3 bucks maybe and for what?

Today I am at work, I have been better but I will be alright.

Thanks to Karen for her post it was very helpful to many and I hope that it can provide some insight into those of you who are not further out yet to know you have to stay vigilant.

BOT meeting tonight other than that just trying to get through this cold awful day
Liz R.
on 12/6/10 8:03 pm - Easton, PA
Good morning all!

Great job Trish on passing up the wine!

I am at work today, hoping to do some christmas shopping online after running to the bank at lunch to deposit my paycheck. After work just the usual, home to hang out with Amelia, and maybe my Grandmother - she might spend the night tonight or tomorrow night. MAking dinner, folding laundry, straightening up.

Have a good day all and bundle up -it's COLD and WINDY out there - yuck!
dit657
on 12/6/10 9:23 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Trish, I would also like to say congrats for passing on the alcohol - I'm sure its very difficult when you're surrounded by it. Hope you can get to a meeting today.

As for me I let out my confessions on the other post so won't go into that again out here. Suffice it to say it felt good to get it off my chest and is making me FACE my demons, especially since I am great at denying they still haunt me.

I'm at work today - started decorating the office yesterday and got most of it done except the tree so I'll put that up today. I was actually surprised that the men were the ones who kept mentioning that the office wasn't festive and decorated yet! Tonight I will attempt to make some centerpieces for our office holiday gathering taking place Friday night at the clubhouse where I live. I found 4 nice glass vases between work and home of different shapes and sizes, so I went to Christmas Tree Shops last night and found some things to make arrangements. I'm not real good at this but I think I can come up with something that'll look nice. Wish me luck!

Other than that not much going on...stay warm out there - brrrrrr.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 12/6/10 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all of PA!  Trish I am so stinking proud of you for passing on the alcohol.....As addicts, the cravings seem to come from left field sometimes and I am proud that you were able to keep that demon away!

I am at work and feeling pretty damned good about my mile swim last night.  I was really feeling it after I came home, I had the worst left side cramps under my ribcage.  Spoke to my son about it and he said that I probably didn't stretch my torso enough.....What?!?!  I have to stretch more than just my legs and arms....well, there you go!  I actually had to climb into bed and took about an hour nap.  I felt much better after, and with the exception of feeling like I smell like a wonderful pool of chlorine - I am feeling pretty darned good about things! 

After school today I am going ot head to get Emily - my step-dad is sick and his wife has a doctor appointment this afternoon - so that means that Emily will be sitting in the office at school for a little while til I can get there - then off to Hebrew School to give out my Hanukkah presents to my kiddies.  Tonight for Confirmation Academy we are serving dinner to Seniors for their annual Hanukkah dinner.  Should be an interesting night as I need to have Emily with me at the synagogue as to the aforementioned sick grand-parent......oh well....

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday and stay warm!  (I am sooo ready for a snow day!)
Patricia R.
on 12/6/10 9:56 pm - Perry, MI
Steffi, I am proud of you for your mile swim.  That is awesome.  I am heading to the gym this morning and going to try the elliptical again.  I had done it before I went to Michigan, and had been up to ten minutes.

Thanks for the kudos on resisting the alcohol.  I am so grateful I did not give in.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/10 10:30 pm

If you want I can take Emily tonight if you want,,,,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views