FANTABULOUS FRIDAY roll call

bvohl
on 12/2/10 10:24 pm
Good Morning Pam and PA!

Pam-Glad you are feeling better!! Working in healthcare you are around A LOT of germs! I work with kids all day so I have the same issue!

Ida- Good for you girlfriend!! I HATE when men feel that they have to treat us like dumb women!! For some reason it happens with technology and car issues! My hubby calls it DWF (driving while female!!).  How dare that supervisor yell at you! You are the customer!! If I were you I would take the darn computer back and buy another brand! Obviously, Dell is NOT a customer service friendly company!

Today is kind of a quiet day. Wor****il 3pm, then a few errands. Pick up Dee and her friend at school then they will probably play together this evening. Menorah lighting and gifts. I want to make latkes this weekend. I think I might wait until Sunday to do them. Saturday night we have a holiday party to go to. Sunday is Chanukah celebration at hebrew school.

Have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 12/2/10 10:25 pm - Whitehall, PA
morning all.. been sitting here attempting to work for a change and loving the fact that Skecher is sitting in the window sill next to me looking out on the beauty of nature.  He seems to get up there more if I crack the window a bit.  He likes the cool air.  I do, sometimes, but not all the time.  Maybe I'll open Siehara's window a bit and see if he'll hang there during the day.  He does tend to sit on my work paper.. lol

Anyway, work til 3:30, then shower and get dressed for a dinner date with some new friends.  I'll take Siehara up to my friend's house and then go back to Bethlehem to meet them for First Friday festivities which will be sushi dinner possibly followed by dancing.  I suppose I should give Siehara her Hanukkah present of the day at some point, too.  We have not lit candles YET this holiday.. ugh.. we'll do that early today so it can be done... has to be before sundown anyway. 

Nothing else today..

Tomorrow will be kind of busy.. morning is synagogue--not going to make it to Barix.  I have to meet up with a fellow congregant after services to go over some music we are going to be doing at the synagogue's gala event on Sunday. . His group is playing and I am singing with them... so nervous!!!  From his house, I'm going to try to get to Karen's for her Jewelry expo.  

Other than that, home for candle lighting and present for Siehara.

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/10 10:32 pm
Finally Friday....

Last night Dennis came home from work with cold in full effect so he had some dinner went to bed and woke up around 1am to call out of work. I would rather him stay in bed to rest all day to get better we have some busy weekends coming up.

Got myself up took care of Dennis then Aunt Mary then came to work tonight I think I am watching Jay and Aja so they will slepp over then decorate my front window for the holiday and my plan is to get the tree up tomorrow. Then would like to make it out to Karen's for the show.
Sunday I am working a Christmas Party for the Red Hatters andthink I will take my Aunt to work with me for the show and keep me company.

Tonight think pizza for dinner maybe watch Charlie Brown with the kids and early night in bed so everyone can rest for the weekend. Plus putting some finishing touches on some plans I am working on.

I am also going through some mixed emotions feelings the last few days happy for some people  but making me frustrasted in other areas.

Life is good....
Nicole0216
on 12/2/10 11:54 pm - Lancaster, PA

i understand. Love you

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/10 12:21 am
Thanks Nicole.....Love you! 
Cherish F.
on 12/3/10 1:24 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi guys!
Work today, nothing too interesting. My desk has been pretty quiet lately so I've been kinda bored at work.

Tomorrow I am going to try to make the Barix support group. I enjoy, and get so much more, from the Barix meetings than I do my own group. Which is sad and makes me feel like a traitor to my surgeons office, but it's true.
Then Saturday night I am planning to go out for dinner. My surgeon had a "no red meat for 6 months" guideline. I am well past my 6 months now, but somehow haven't made it out for a good steak dinner.

Sunday - there is a Bone Marrow Donor/Registration event in Narberth that I want to go to. I've thought about putting myself on the registry for years, and now that my BMI is within acceptable levels I finally can.

And lastly - I have to share this. I was in my boss' office for a conference call this morning and I was freezing. He told me to put his coat on and my first thought was "No, it would never fit" so I draped it over my lap. Then I realized - duh, it should fit, so I put it on. Not only did it fit, it was too big. Made me wayyy happy!

I hope you all have a great weekend!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

steffihope
on 12/3/10 2:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
Two things - one....you are NOT a traitor - you need support and if you can get it from more than one place - isn't it the right thing to do?  We are certainly thrilled to have you and if I knew of other support groups on nights that I was available, I would certainly go to them as well.  IT has to do with being around people who, "get it"

Second - AWESOME WOW!  They will continue to happen!  (For me it is like a party at my closet every day when I look at a pair of pants and think, this is it, these will not fit me again....and then they do!)  Keep smiling skinny girl!  Hoping to see you tomorrow! :)
Cherish F.
on 12/3/10 3:00 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Steffi! For both things.

You wrote the other day that one of your girls wanted to read the Harry Potter books. Do you need them? I am almost positive I have copies of all the books and can bring them with me tomorrow if  you do.

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

steffihope
on 12/3/10 8:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I wouldbe THRILLED!!!!!  Thank you soooo sooo sooo much!  She will be so happy when she sees them!  I know I had all of them at some point - but we ARE a family of readers - so I have no idea where they ended up!  Thanks again!  See you later today! :)
kgoeller
on 12/3/10 4:29 am - Doylestown, PA
Well, I have been trying since 9 this morning to post a reply here - so far every time I try, i get interruped.  Maybe this time will be the charm!

It's been a really busy time at work, at home, everywhere!  Kinda gets overwhelming at this time of year, so my challenge is to step back, breathe, make sure I care for myself, and learn how to say NO when warranted.  

Yesterday was a banner day gym-wise, with a nice cardio workout in the morning and than an intense personal training session at night.  There is literally no part of my body that doesn't feel it this morning (and no, i didn't go to the gym today!).  We've been doing "buddy training" sessions with 2 of us, but my buddy cancelled at the last second so it was just me, for a whole hour, with Jamie's undivided attention.  Yikes.  I could certainly get used to it, though!  

Looking forward to tomorrow's jewelry party and hopefully seeing some of you there!  

Have a great rest of the day!

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views