FANTABULOUS FRIDAY roll call

Pam Hart
on 12/2/10 6:16 pm - Easton, PA

I don't have a lot of time at work right now but at least wanted to pop back in.

First and foremost, thanks all for the kind words on my update post.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  You guys rock!

The first thing today is to drop my car off at inspection.  Ugh.  Not happy.....it's old old old and making weird noises and stuff.  Hopefully there are no or minimal repairs.  I'll be waiting for it....

This afternoon is dropping by the lawyers office to give them $$ and sign all of the paperwork I need to sign so they can file the petition etc.  Big step and a fairly difficult day but I'm still ok with everything.

After that I need to lay down most likely at least for a little bit.  I'm only working 4 hours tonight, but it's 7p-11p, so I'll be out late and generally speaking am not on my day off and am generally asleep very very early so I must make sure to get some sort of sleep today.

Health wise this has been an EXCELLENT past few days.  The congestion is significantly reduced and I feel more like myself without trying.  It's a good thing.

Bed after work and enjoying another day off.  Yay!

Have a great start to the weekend.  And although I freeze just looking out the windows, it is nice to have "seasonable" weather as opposed to that 50's stuff the other day.  It was to weird listening to Christmas music in balmy muggy weather IMHO.  After New Years we can gladly go back to the 60's, no harm no foul lol

TTFN!

P

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
IdaMae D.
on 12/2/10 7:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Pam & PA:

Pam I think of you often, you are an amazing woman!

I'm awake I think, my eyes are open that counts for something I suppose.

Getting ready for work will be there till 4pm.  After work not sure at this point.  I do know I'll be coming home quite possibly to sleep.

Last night I had planned on a early night to bed, however, something happened to my NEW laptop.  Was on the phone with Dell last night.  Was very upset with the entire experience.  Computer is under warranty, I wanted a tech to come to the house (yes that is part of my warranty).  The guy on the phone kept insisting that I take the computer apart to take the battery out, me I tell them flat out I am not a computer tech, my computer is under warranty, I have absolutely NO idea where the battery is therefore I am not taking it apart so that they can then say I broke the computer by taking it apart and void the warranty.  So after 3 hrs on the phone, being hung up on by them or disconnected which I''m not really sure of, and them having me jump through hoops of pushing F keys and the on off key, they finally tell me the hard drive needs to be replaced.  Well DUH I told them it was broken - that wasn't rocket science.  The guy I was on the phone with told me his supervisor wanted to speak with me, the supervisor wanted to scold me once he got on the phone because I was so uncorroporative (bad spelling here).  I told him flat out your are not my father, you are neither my husband nor a boyfriend, I am not your child therefore this conversation is over.  If you want to chastize someone you are on the phone with the wrong woman.  He got very upset with me because I would not allow him to scold me, I told him this conversation is over, I expect a phone call from your service tech tomorrow and to have a nice night. 
The hoops I had to jump through to get a computer that is under warranty repaired was rediculous.  I told Gene that I do not miss my first marriage one bit - last night with those Dell people reminded me of being married to my ex-husband.  All the men on the phone wanted to keep this little woman in her place - guess they were way off base in that assumption.
Not sure how I'm going to handle this today - i know I need to make a phone call to Dell to see if I can get a person on the phone that will direct me to their formal complaint department - which I suppose does not exist.

Hope everyone has an awesome day.

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 12/2/10 8:09 pm - Easton, PA
YAY for feeling better!!!! But, did you have to send it down to my house? LOL I am horribly congested! Not sure if it is allergies, a cold or just the change in weather - yuck either way!

Good luck with the car and the lawyer today too - update me later when you can!

I am at wor****l 4 then headed to My Mom's to meet my Grandmother and Mia. My Mom is going to do my Grandmother's hair and we are going to have dinner and hang out.

Sorry Pam, I have to disagree - I'll take the 50 degree weather anytime over freezing cold! :)
shoutjoy
on 12/2/10 8:12 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

Sticking around home today.  Major flood issues right now.  Hubby never made it into Olean yesterday.  Every way was floaded.  Today, maybe he will make it.

Finally have my doctor's appointment.  I need to get my labs done.  Then I need to start getting packing and moving stuff.  I might as well start packing even though we don't have a place lined up yet.

Anyway, I have homwork to do  and I need to spend some time at it today.  Hope your day goes well.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Sara E.
on 12/2/10 8:15 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good Morning Pam & PA
I am glad you are feeling better.  I am still sick.  I went to the Dr yesterday and got a Rx.  I hope it helps.  Today I wor****il 4:30 then we are going to a soup & sandwich dinner at church.  I invited my friend & her son to come along.  After dinner, the kids make gingerbread houses.  It is always a fun time.  Happy Friday...make it fantabulous!
Sara

jojobear98
on 12/2/10 8:19 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Morning!

I don't have too much to say. Just tired, busy and tired! Running a few errands today, and then dinner with the family this evening. Nothing too exciting.

Hope everyone has a great day!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

lynnc99
on 12/2/10 8:33 pm
Busy day for me today! I am on the way to get the oil changed in my car before work. Working, of course. Dropping some bills and Christmas cards into the mail. Making an appetizer for a get together this evening for friends who are moving to Oregon. Then to the Fulton tonight to see The Sound of Music.

Whew!

The appetizer will be an EASY one, believe me!
dit657
on 12/2/10 8:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Morning all - so what is this nonsense going around? My throat is getting sore - my head stuffy - blech. Not a good time for getting sick or feeling run down. Pam, glad you're feeling better - was getting worried about you there, kiddo! My heart is with you today - it can't be an easy thing to go thru.

I'm at work for 1/2 day today - my bro is up north from Florida (and I'm sure HATING this cold weather - LOL!) and he and his gf are coming to my house this afternoon and spending the night before heading out to York tomorrow to see his daughter and her family, so I'm excited to see him - haven't seen him since May.

Tomorrow is the big Russo family holiday party - 40 people coming this year - WOW! So hubby and I have a few errands to run right after work to finalize the last few things we need. Sunday I'll probably be a couch potato!

And thank you all again for all of your prayers and well-wishes that you sent out to Kaity - my poor step-daughter was exhausted last night -  you could hear it in her voice because she's usually very bubbly and upbeat, but this took a lot out of her. I'm glad I could be there for her, even if only by phone and texting, because my husband's girls lost their mother 21 years ago, and when things like this happen you want your mom, so I was happy to be her 'mom' when she needed me.

And that's it for me today...stay warm everybody!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 12/2/10 8:59 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good luck today I know it will be hard, but the right thing. Call if you need me.
So glad you are feeling better.

as for me I missed the sound of music show last night at the fulton because I ATE TOO MUCH for dinner and it back fired on me I was sick all night and was in bed by 7:45.
I hate that you would think in 4 years I would know better.

Off work today because I am working the weekend. Going to be taking sparkle to her follow up appt. not sure what will happen.

Making balls today of all kinds lol for a party this weekend and for my 31 purse party. Please if you want to do some awesome shopping come to my house on sunday at 11am. and support our friend Lisa Schnibe Hunt and have some fun
steffihope
on 12/2/10 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi there Pammy...glad you are finally starting to feel like yourself again!  Good luck today!

I am still in my overwhelmed mode.  Did something VERY nice for Larry last night and didn't get home with the girls until late - way past all of our bed-times.  I then sat in bed with the Eagle's game on and facebook chatting with a friend.  Shockingly, didn't actually get to sleep until after 11:30!

Today I am still not sure what to do.  I am currently at school, so at this point, I know where I will be til atleast 3:15.  Then things are up in the air.  still have not made it to the pool this week.  We are having a houseful for Hanukkah on Sunday and the girls have their dance recitals this weekend so I will not be home to get things done.  Still have to do all the wrapping.  Have only wrapped the two gifts I have given the kids so far - so that is in order.  I am pretty sure we are NOT going to the synagogue tonight.  Emily is supposed to be singing in the choir again tonight, but I think it is just too much.  I am hoping for a wrapping, dinner, movie kind of night.  (Sprinkled with some candle lighting, prayer saying and present opening.)  Hmmm....starting to sound kind of nice......

This weekend is one of those weekends where I am already exhausted just thinking about it.  Dance recitals, support group meeting, dinner with some woman who Larry saved and wants to thank him and the others and their families by taking us out to dinner, Hebrew School and the Hanukkah party....I am pretty sure there will be some sleeping in there - but for sure - not a whole heck of a lot!

Hope your Friday is as fantabulous as can be!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views