Update on Sparkle OT

Nicole0216
on 12/3/10 2:50 am - Lancaster, PA
Today we took sparkle in for a follow up. I knew it would not be good as she has not been eating for a few days and she has had no poo since she got home. Vet was very upset because she was absolutely full of poo again even with the medical tx and drugs. She talked to us about surgery but she did not think that it was the best decision due to her age and her personality. She told us that sparkle was uncomfortable, and would get toxic very quick if left to her own devices. We decided to let her go. it was terrible, I am so sad. I cannot believe my little girl who calls me mamma with her little siamese voice is gone. Even the vet was crying because she has spent so much time with her over the last two weeks. I have had to do this before but I cannot remember it being so hard, I guess she was just extra special to me. Thanks for all you have done to support me, it has been a hard couple of weeks.  My eyes hurt from crying. Now sparkle is in heaven with Sunny finally her BFF from way back. He was the only other cat that " got her"  thanks everyone
Lisa H.
on 12/3/10 3:06 am - Whitehall, PA
So sorry to hear this news about your Sparkle.

Hang in there hun.. you know she is better now and no longer in pain.

My tracker

hers 

DianeMarie
on 12/3/10 3:14 am, edited 12/3/10 3:15 am - Delmont, PA
 ((((((((((Nicole)))))))))))))   I am so sorry for your loss.  All animals are special but there are certain ones we bond with.  You were very unselfish and did what was best for her.  That shows how much you loved her.  Time will heal your wounds.  Just know there are alot of people here for you!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
SPatel4
on 12/3/10 3:51 am - Levittown, PA
Nicole,
I just wanted to send my condolences. Pets are like our own children and passing of one is no less painful than passing of a loved one. Hugs and prayers going out to you. Take good care of yourself during this difficult time.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Cherish F.
on 12/3/10 4:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
(((Nicole)))
I am so sad to hear the news that you lost Sparkle. I know how much you loved her. You and Jason are in my thoughts.

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Lesley G.
on 12/3/10 7:18 am - Allegan, MI
I'm so sorry to hear about Sparkle. Sending good thoughts & hugs from my kitties (Clementine & Luna) and me. Take care.
enasangels
on 12/3/10 8:15 am - PA
Nicole,
So sorry to hear about Sparkle. Letting go of our fur babies is one of the hardest thing we have to do in life.   As someone already said, animals are like our children, some seem to be extra special.  You did do a good thing to let her go and not suffer.  You are a good Momma.
Hugs Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

LindaScrip
on 12/3/10 8:37 am
I am so sorry to hear about Sparkle hopefully she will meet up with Merlin who I lost last dec 23.  I really think that when its our time they greet us at the gate.  Its a tough loss but our lives were better with them in it.  Hugs.
Maura M.
on 12/3/10 11:32 am - Yardley, PA
Am so sorry to hear that Nicole.  My eyes welled up as I know how sad I will be when I lose one of my little siamese boys - they are an extra special breed - and I understand what you mean about her talking to you - they are chatty.

Big hugs to you and her kitty cousins Sparky and Sphyxie send hugs too.

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Sara E.
on 12/3/10 12:37 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Nicole,
I am so sad to hear about Sparkle.  You & Jason are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views