Cold Meds

dit657
on 12/2/10 1:36 am - Boothwyn, PA
OK Gang - for the first time since my surgery my body is really trying to come down with a cold or something - last two nights I've had a scratchy throat and today I'm getting that stuffy-head feeling. This is the worst time for me to be feeling like this but what can we take? I did 'cheat' this morning and took some stuff called 'Histenol' - some sort of generic cold med, but I think it falls under the NSAID category.

What do you guys take?? Thanks - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 12/2/10 1:39 am
I go with over the counter stuff:

DayQuil caplets - not gelcaps, and I steer clear of liquids in case there is sugar
Tylenol for fever and aches
Mucinex for congestion
Zycam to shorten the whole business down.

Hope you get hold of it before it goes too far!
dit657
on 12/2/10 1:55 am - Boothwyn, PA
Thanks Lynn - I'll look for the Zycam and DayQuil - so far no fever or anything like that - just tired, scratchy throat, and heavy eyes...somethings trying to hatch - just want to catch it before it goes too far.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Sara E.
on 12/2/10 3:26 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Kathy,

I felt the same and kept getting more symptoms and worse as this week has progressed.  Children's Sudafed PE Nasal Decongestant usually does the trick for me, but not this time.  I went to the Dr today and I have a sinus infection....Rx liquid ammoxicillian and the decongestant.  She also said I can try children's liquid claritin.  I hope you feel better soon .

Sara

Cheryl.P
on 12/2/10 6:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
for headcolds i love dristan 12hr nasal spray or mucinex decongestant nasal spray. both work well and since they don't go into your stomach you don't have to worry about it bothering your pouch
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views