Tired Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 12/1/10 6:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning All;

I'm getting ready for work.  I'm tired.  Not used to being out late two nights in one week.  I really enjoyed my first medical coding class last night.  As the instructor started explaining things it started to make sense to me.  This was the first night we shall see how much sense it continues to make as the classes progress.  At the end of this class I will be sitting for my test as a Certified Medical Coder. 

Today I work till 4.  Then home to probably fall asleep early.  Gene is home grading final papers today so I will see him tonight when I arrive home....

Hope everyone has an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

Maura M.
on 12/1/10 8:08 pm - Yardley, PA
Good Morning Ida & PA,

I am jumping in on roll call while my car defrosts :)  Today I am working and then home to spend a quiet evening at home with Mark - we have leftovers to eat, so no cooking needed.  We plan to bring a few boxes up from the basement and start to decorate.  We wanted to start this past weekend, but.... we still had yardwork to break down the outside items to do, so that took priority.  Can you beleive that I had to decide between pulling out petunias in bloom and decorating for Christmas.. weird.. yes - they were still in bloom in a pot close to the house.

Playing the daily maintain game and am pretty much torturing myself in the process - am still losing and it is freakin' me out - I think I'll post separately on that - maybe tonight.

Have a great Friday eve and a happy hannukah to all my non-gentile PA pals.

TTFN,

Maura
Maura

Liz R.
on 12/1/10 8:21 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All - at work for another fun day... AFter work stopping at the liquor store to get wine for my grandmother and home to hang out with her and Amelia. Nothing too exciting planned.
Lisa H.
on 12/1/10 8:51 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Ida...  busy day yesterday here.. ups and downs and everything in between. 

I would like to take a medical coding class.. are you doing at a school, or online?  I think when I get my divorce settlement this is an investment I need to make for myself.  I can get a part time or full time job doing this.

Today has me working til 3:30 per usual.

Hebrew school run, then going to try to meet the lady who gave me Skecher to return the carrier. 

After Hebrew School is pilates.  Then home to light the menorah, give Siehara her present of the day and then relax. 

Siehara gave me some grief last night, so it's no TV and early bed for her tonight.  We'll see how that goes. 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/2/10 8:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Lisa;
The course is taught at Crozer Medical Center in Chester PA.  It is taught by coders.  They gear it and teach it so that the class is ready for the certified test at the end of the course.  It runs for 6 months from December to May.  Most of those attending the class have absolutely no coding experience.
One of the women in the class already took a coding class through another training program, she said it was not taught by coders and the person teaching the class had absolutely no idea how to prep the class for the coding test.  So she feels she wasted her money on the other program and then found this one at Crozer which is less $$ than those online or at the colleges.  She said a friend attended this class and had absolutly no problems passing the exam so here she is.
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with this just yet, work is paying for the class and all books associated with the class, I'm working on getting my boss to agree to pay the fee to sit for the test.  I figure I'll take advantage of this opportunity.  My senior managment see to think this is something I need for the single case rate negotiations I currently do.  Me personally, I'm trying to figure out how it will fit in with my MBA and/or future teaching gigs once I have my MBA and I'm a certified coder.  We shall see.
Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 12/2/10 9:51 am - Whitehall, PA
I need to look around at the hospitals near me to see if they offer anything like that.  There is a tech school that offers it, but I think I would want coders teaching me, as well.

I've wanted to do this for awhile as a second job and figured with my insurance background, it should be pretty easy to pick up. 

Thanks for the info

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/2/10 12:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Your welcome.  I agree with you, coders doing the teaching and knowing what to prepare us for is my goal for passing the test.  The certification test is open book, however last night they were telling us that there are notes they will give us to put into the CPT book that will help with the test.  Apparently  we can put whatever notes we need into the book as long as it is written in the book, we cannot have anything with us for the test but the CPT and ICD-9 books.  The medical terminology and the anatomy and physiology terms that we'll need for the test we have to write ourselves in the index  of the book. 

I've thought about coding from time to time and then when I took over the single case rate negotiations for the company my AVP asked if I'd be interested in a coding class to understand what I was negotiating better as far as modifiers and bundles.  I jumped at the chance, then my co-worker told our director she might be interested so they decided to send us together.  Who knows after this class and then after receiving my MBA in 2012 we'll see where this takes me.  In the company or out of the present company. 

IdaMae

steffihope
on 12/1/10 9:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida - I am glad that you felt like you understood the work last night.   Should be a fun and interesting time for you!

I am at school at a regular hour and my routine is in place.  (Of course, I didn't get out of bed on time this morning and Emily came in and cuddled with me - so - there WAS that distraction...we were also singing with the radio....some mornings should NOT end!)

My students have a half day again today, I am going to try to run to Kohl's at lunch - I actually have a whole hour - usually it is just 45 minutes.  Then parent-teacher conferences.  Yesterday's went rather well.  nothing out of the ordinary - i did see one parent of a child in 7th grade who I wanted to talk with - so hopefully there will be SOME changes in his work....parents seemed to be on top of things - so we shall see - OH...and they are still married and both came to the conference - that does not happen often, so another promising sight!

After school, I am up in the air - I neer did make it to the pool yesterday as I was running late at school and had to get the kids to get some shoes for a Bat Mitzvah this weekend.  There is a concert that Emily is singing in tonight at the synagogue for Hanukkah, I am hopeful that Larry will get her there early and then I can get there later after I have done some present wrapping.  Doing it one a night really is difficult!  So - still feeling the sense of being overwhelmed and this weekend is jam-packed with dance recitals, Support group meeting, hanukkah celebrations and dinners. I actually think i am blowing off services tomorrow night at the synagogue to stay home with the entire family and maybe watch the 6th Harry Potter movie.  We shall see what the day holds.

Hope your Thursday is wonderful! :)
pennykid
on 12/1/10 9:23 pm - PA
Good morning all!!

Ida---I'm going to be doing the coding thing too. I waited till I got a job before starting, for financial reasons. Time to start!!

Started my new job this week. Boring so far---I still don't have a computer! So glad I have a smart phone with the internet and a book reader!! I like the group I'm with and have discovered that one is a Barix Baby. (She's one of Dr. Marymour's patients.) I've been exhausted in the evenings, which is no surprise after 11 months of unemployment. Needless to say, I haven't been exercising and need to get that back into my routine. At least I'm maintaining my weight right now.

Have a great day, my friends!!!
steffihope
on 12/1/10 9:27 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I have been thinking about you all week and wondering how the job is going.  What are you doing again - I am sure you mentioned it - but I am old and don't process well! HA HA!  You and your body will figure it out - allow yourself to be tired now and the routine will slowly get you back to exercising!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views