I screwed up!!!

spirit56
on 11/30/10 5:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
          Congratulations Swede on having the courage to come on line and be honest with us.  Kudos also for picking up the phone to call Steffi last week and to come clean with her.  We both are middle school Math teachers in inner city Philadelphia so we can kick ass with the best of them 

We all have our periods where we slip off the path of smart, healthy eating and get back into our negative behaviors.  It took us a long time to get where we were prior to WLS and it will not be changing overnight but every day is a new beginning.  That is what is so great about our tool.  In the past I would have just said "Screw it" when I messed up - now I just resolve to get back on board again and treat myself with dignity and respect.

Thank you for posting this message.  It was something that I needed to read today and has given me "FOOD FOR THOUGHT"  Take care.

Donna
swedeville1
on 11/30/10 11:07 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Inner city teachers are my favorite!  I think its their spiciness.  I realized or maybe it crystallized in my head how even if we do slip up we still have our tool to help steady the boat and even out our ups and downs.  Thats awesome!

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Maura M.
on 11/30/10 11:12 am - Yardley, PA
I needed to read this today too - you came to the confessional and wound up helping me. 

I had just a bite of cornbread tonight and just a few cheese & peanut butter crackers and just a bit of macaroni and cheese.. and just one sf piece of candy - ALL CARBY TRIGGERS for me - I have hit my goal, which I am so happy about, but have justified some bad choices under the guise of "I have to increase my calories to stop losing" - yes, that is true, but not with cornbread and crackers.

Thank you for posting - kick your own ass an get back on track, I just read this and kicked my own!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Rebecca_B
on 12/8/10 4:20 am - Arnold, PA

Maura, You made the "light bulb" glow over my head with your post! 

I met my goal of normal BMI...and have been justifying my "half an oatmeal cookie" and then an hour later another "half an oatmeal cookie" with the fact that I have been increasing calories as I maintain or lose at a slower rate...but I can make better choices. 

Nothing wrong with an occasional oatmeal cookie made with Splenda ...but with me it can lead to just a bit more mini "carb-loading" episodes...and I was a super carb-aholic preWLS.

Thanks, Swede, and everyone, for making me stop and think about my little "cheats."  Little ones can turn into big ones!  I need to be more aware of what I am eating (even if it one bite here and there!)
Rebecca

We are perfect examples of imperfection.   So we ARE perfect!!  

Pam Hart
on 11/30/10 12:25 pm - Easton, PA

Hey Swede,

Glad I was able to see the post.

Congrats on admitting things to yourself.  THAT'S the hard part.  I think a great majority of us are quite easily able to justify and lie to ourselves and blind ourselves from the truth.

I'd love to say that you've made the mistake, you've learned from it, and it'll never happen again.  But, that's probably not gonna be the case.  We all slip occassionally - it's for how long and how bad you want it back that counts.

Being 3 years out....and being open and honest here like I have been in the past with my regain etc. I know it happens more than once.

Stay strong and congrats on the 8 pounds!

P

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 11/30/10 7:21 pm - Lancaster, PA
I dont think you screwed up, I think that you learned some valueable information about yourself and this process. Lets face it most lessons are learned the hard way, but at least you learned from it and you reached out and got someone to kick your butt!  This will always be a learning process and you will not always make teh right choices if you could do that, you would not have had surgery. Just always be honest with others and yourself, because we are only as sick as our secrets
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views