Wasen't Sure Where to Post This - Lap Band March 10, 2009

Anikacashf
on 11/30/10 5:43 am - PA
I had the Lap-Band surgery on March 10, 2009 and I thought it would be the best thing.  I did really well for the first couple of months or so but starting earlier this year things just turned wrong.

I wasn't eating like I should, I started having problems with eating fruits, meats, veggies, etc.  I used to love eating fruit and veggies and now I can't seem to get them down.  It's so depressing, instead of eating healthy choices I chose cookies because they go down.

I saw my surgeron in Oct. and they scheduled me for an Upper GI because I was throwing up a lot.  The Upper GI turned out great, everything still in position so that's good news.  Oh I should say too in May of this year 2010 I had really bad heartburn and had to get an unfil.  I haven't had a fill or unfill since.

Since the past week or 2 I have started having heartburn back.  I called the surgeon's office on Monday to see if they could prescribe me a different acid reducer, he won't do that unless he sees me first.

So I'm going tomorrow (Wed.) afternoon for an appointment and I don't know what is going to happen.....the last time I was in there we talked briefly about taking out the band and they wanted to know how I feel about RNY but with my skin condition I just don't feel that's the right choice.

I'm so depressed even more than before but this heartburn is a real pain.  I have a tight thorat most of the time.

I'm scared about going tomorrow and not knowing what he is going to say.  I've lost 49 lbs. since Feb. 2009.

I've kept it off but I lost more but I put it back on after the unfill.

Melissa
dit657
on 11/30/10 9:05 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Melissa - Sorry to hear you're having some problems with foods and throat pain right now - hopefully the doctor(s) can determine what's going on and help you. What type of skin condition do you have that would keep you from RNY? Scarring? Just wondering. But you definitely need to get that heartburn under control because that can lead to bigger problems, and of course you don't want to put the weight back on that you've lost.

Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough journey but hopefully between the doctors and support you can get back on track with your eating and continue to lose some weight.

Keep us posted on how you're doing - we're always here...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views