Monday Roll Call

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/28/10 6:11 pm
I'm writing you from sunny Florida.  Having a wonderful vacation with family and friends.  The weather has been 99% perfect.  This peaceful place is going to make a great place for me to retire to.  Wish I could retire now.  Looked up an old friend that I haven't seen for 25 years and boy was he shocked to see me in a size 8.  Jaw dropping moment.  It felt good to feel 17 again with a new body.  Wish I had more time here.  I think for the first time in my life I like hot weather.  I have a few pics on facebook of me on a Harley.  I still can't believe I did that.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

IdaMae D.
on 11/28/10 6:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Nan & PA:

Nan so glad to hear you are enjoying your vacation! 

The weekend is over - where did it go???

Today I'm up getting ready for work. 

I have work till 4pm, then class till 10pm. 

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 11/28/10 6:54 pm - Whitehall, PA
I saw the pics, Nan, and you look great!! I couldn't comment since they are not in your album! I'm sure that felt awesome!!

So, I'm sure most of you saw on FB that we got a cat last evening.  His name is Skecher.  He is 2 years old.  I am going to take him to the vet today to be sure he is up to date on all his shots, etc.  So far so good with Siehara and her allergies.  If she was going to react, she would have by now.   He is getting to know us and after hiding out for a bit, followed us around last night to see what we are all about.  Right now, he's hanging out with me at my desk.

Today, I'm working til 3:30ish.  There is no school for Siehara today so she has a friend here who slept overnight.  I am going to call the vet to see about getting Skecher in for a check up and then I'll call the girl we got him from to let him know about us keeping him.  I need to bring back her carrier at some point today or tomorrow, too.  Tonight, depending on the time of the vet appt, I will head to the gym.  I'm sure Siehara will want to go to the Teen Center, too.

That's about it for us.  Hope everyone has a good day.

My tracker

hers 

pennykid
on 11/28/10 7:46 pm - PA
Glad to adopted an older kitty!  Mine were 8 months old when I got them, and it's one of the best things I've ever done.  They're a lot of fun and always make us laugh.  Have fun with Skecher!
Julia              
pennykid
on 11/28/10 7:44 pm - PA
Good morning Nan and PA,

I woke up apprehensive about starting my job tomorrow.  I know the building, their coporate culture and even think I know someone I'll be working with, but after 11 months of unemployment it's a little scary.  But I know I'll be fine.

I was going to get on the treadmill this morning but decided to drag Paul out for a walk later today.  Figure I'll take advantage of the fresh air today since it's back to the daily grind tomorrow.

Have a great day, all!!
Julia              
Nicole0216
on 11/28/10 7:45 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi Nan and PA

Nan glad you are having a wonderful time in Florida and I hope you can retire there soon.

Today I am working omg did not want to come in, but I am thankful I have a job. Spent the first 30 mins this am chasing sparkle around my bedroom because she got out of the bathroom. She is getting better and stronger but with that comes her desire to leave her confines, and fighting back more at medicine time.

I missed two weeks of my back on track group and I am completely behind and lost. I am going to try and catch up today.  I need to do this for me and so I can do my own groups in Jan.

Hope you all have a great day!
gmom62
on 11/28/10 7:51 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
Good morning my PA peeps,

NAN, so glad your enjoying your time with family and friends and your wow moments. I posted, seperately about my weekend wow's.  Enjoy that warm weather too.  It's cold here!!

Today is back to work.  Probably will have some more overtime to put in.  The project I'm working on is due next Monday.  I'm sure the boss would like it to be done before the weekend so I don't have to work overtime then too.

Really not a lot going on for me this week.  Just the same old, same old.  Our daughter just told me she's bringing the new boy friend to meet us on Wednesday.  I haven't cleaned my house yet since I just didn't feel like doing it the last two day's I was home.  So now I need to do it all tonight afterwork. tomorrow afterwork is Glee at Cherish's house.  Not giving up that.  Too much fun!!

Have a great day my peeps!!

dit657
on 11/28/10 9:20 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Where in Florida, Nan? We're planning on retiring down there as well - I'm not a fan of cold weather now that I don't have all that insulation on me, and hubby never has been a big fan of it. Glad you're having a nice vacation - relax and enjoy!!

I'm back at work today and happy for it - so tired from the weekend, but ALL of my Christmas decorating is DONE, so now I can relax and enjoy the holidays. Need to get a good nights' sleep, tho - haven't slept well the past two nights - think a lot of it was just sheer exhaustion.

Back to physical therapy for my arm - it is still feeling pretty decent even with all the cooking, cleaning and decorating this weekend - the shots helped so much - hopefully the PT will keep it from feeling really bad again.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/28/10 9:41 pm
Cape Coral

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

steffihope
on 11/28/10 9:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Nan and all PA peeps - I have missed you - busy with shopping and family time this weekend.  Can't beleive how fast the weekend went.  

I am at school, waiting for my happy students to arrive - I have not yet planned for them, so I will need to get on that right AFTER I finish this - priorities!  Sheesh!  I will no doubt teach something today, then after school I have a dinner to attend that was postponed on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving due to a migraine - hers - not mine.....Probably worked out better - got to hang out with Larry and the kids and introduced Emily to the world of Harry Potter - she LOVES it!  I just bought year 6 and then we will all go to the theatre to see year 7, part 1!  Looking forward to that - of course, with Larry's schedule - we might just see it when part 2 comes out - oh well - whatever.  She now wants to read the books.  So proud of her! :)

After dinner with friends tonight, I am headed back to Target to return some things that I found elsewhere cheaper and will, most likely, do some other shopping.  I also need to get to Sears for a water filter for my fridge.  At some point I think I have to pick up Molly from dance class.  Then home to collapse and NOT grade as I should....oh well...the kids don't REALLY need grades do they?!?!

Have a GREAT Monday all - Enjoy all the season has to offer! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views