Sunday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 11/27/10 7:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Again I've been awake since about 5:30am.  I woke up so thirsty this morning, can't seem to be able to get enough to drink. 

Yesterday, brunch was wonderful.  Seeing our friends and catching was just what we needed.  Sometimes you have to slow down and take some time for yourself!

Stopped to see my dad while we were in Jersey.  He looks really good, he is still in denial that his heart is what is slowing him down.  He wants to blame it on his hip replacements, however, the shortness of breath is the congestive heart failure.  He does walk to church which is next door to his house on Sunday, but he has not gone to PT as ordered by his doc because he says my brother won't take the time to take him.  I asked him about the senior bus that my mom used to take to get to dr. appts.  his reply was it doesn't come get him when he wants to leave.  I suggested that he could read the paper, talk to others in the waiting room while he's waitng for the bus to pick him up - he's a very social person, but he is stuck on the bus not being at the door the minute he is done so he can go home.  I did ask him if he'd be interested in going to the senior center a couple days a week.  He said yes, he'd be interested BUT.  Gene asked him what the but meant he couldn't seem to really answer that.  So Gene and I both suggested that he try it a couple times then make up his mind.  He said he'd like to try, tomorrow I'll be calling the Gloucester County Senior Services to see what transportation they offer and where the senior center is that he'd be going to.  I hope dad does go, he needs to be out of his chair and out of the house with more stimulation.  His mind is still very sharp and he is missing working.  He's been unable to work the last 2 years and is 90 yrs old.

Today is church.  After church not sure what is going on I think we'll play this day by ear and see what the day brings to us.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

Decolady
on 11/27/10 8:55 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning Ida and PA!

Ida, I so understand the issues with your father.  I can only imagine how much harder it is for you being too far away to help on a daily basis.  I hope your Dad gets to the senior center and enjoys it!

I finally had a good night's sleep after a few days of this cold.  Hopefully the worst is over.

Today I am going to get to Wegmans early and do some much needed grocery shopping.  I am making a turkey dinner today before our son goes back to college this evening since I didn't cook on Thursday.  I have to try to eat more real food, I have gotten into the habit of living on Atkins bars and Muscle Milk Light drinks all week at work.  I have printed out some good recipes from the Bariatric Foodie blog I want to try this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Peace,
Deb 
DianeMarie
on 11/27/10 9:13 pm - Delmont, PA
 Good Morning!

I slept 3 hours last night.  I'm working 10am - 5pm today.  Looking forward to having the week off for my carpal tunnel surgery.  I think worrying about the surgery was one of the reasons I didn't sleep so well last night. 

It's really weird how this surgery is bothering me.  I wasn't this afraid with my lap band surgery lol.  I went to wal-mart last night to buy some sport bras.  I figured it would be better to pull those over my head than trying to hook a bra one handed.  Also have some elastic waist pants ready for me to wear.  Don't think I'll be buttoning any buttons or snaps in my near future!  This will be extra fun because I'm making them do my left one first.  I'm left handed.  Wanted to get the worst over with first.

Time for me to finish getting ready for work and then go count pills!  Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Maura M.
on 11/27/10 10:47 pm - Yardley, PA
Good Morning Ida & PA -

Ida - I wish I could get my mom to the Senior center - she needs interaction with people other than just my dad - they get too much exposure to one another and get on one anothers nerves - so she just winds up watching TV all the time - not enough brain use.  I can't even get her to go to bingo with her neighbor.. she had fun when she went once, but getting her to pull the trigger and get out there.. impossible!

Mark and I are doing bills and planning year end finances / estimated taxes for 1/15/11 - what fun!!!  He is calculating something while I type.. so I have strayed from my task..  ooops..

We are going to attempt putting up christmas lights today - better weather than yesterday.  Am in a blah mood today.. was a bit weepy yesterday - not sure why...  going to go down after finance fun and get on the treadmill - hopefully some endorphins will put a smile on my face..

Am putting a turkey breast on the rotisserie today and cooking up some leftover stuffing that my SIL gave me and will be doing some smashed potatoes so Mark and I will have our own little mini thanksgiving tonight -

Oh by the way - my brother told me that it is really strange for him to see me because he doesn't recognize this little sprite of a person because it is not the image that he has of me..  My response?  I am not used to seeing me either.. so we are even..   I looked up Sprite - I like the compliment - elf like creatures - the origin of the adjective "sprightly", meaning "spirited" or "lively".

That's our day - love you PA!

Maura
Maura

Nicole0216
on 11/28/10 12:20 am - Lancaster, PA
Good morning all.

Sparkle seems to be doing some better today so that is a good thing. I am doing chores, and getting ready for the work week. Hoping to at least put up the tree today before going to dinner with one of my good friends. She has decided that her marriage cannot be saved and she is needing to move on. She did not tell me any of this while i was gone or dealing with wedding stuff because she did not want me to worry. Little does she know I worry anyway. So that is the agenda.

Hope you have a nice day and stay warm.
dit657
on 11/28/10 1:01 am - Boothwyn, PA
Happy Sunday all - I am still in the throes of decorating for the holidays. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel - just sent hubby downstairs to find a missing bag of tablecloths, runners and the tree skirt - sort of at a standstill til that shows up.

Lots of laundry also on the agenda so it'll be a busy day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 11/28/10 2:27 am - Whitehall, PA
Morning everyone.. well good afternoon.

Siehara and I both pretty much slept the day away yesterday.  We did not make it to the Bat Mitzvah.  I emailed my speech to Sarah and she read it.  We were both quite disappointed to miss it, but health is more important.

For me yesterday was a day I'd rather forget.  Besides the sleeping, the only other thing I did was eat a bunch of crap I should not have eaten.  I felt like crap all day and night after that.  I still do.  So, today she seems to be feeling better and I am well rested.  I am catching up on laundry and detoxing my body from all the garbage I ate.  I also made a call about a cat that we are going to test out to see if Siehara is allergic.  I am just waiting to hear back from David about a litter box he has and then we are going to go pick up the kitteh. He is 2 years old, so that will be good in that I don't have to worry about litter training him, etc. 

Siehara wants her friend Linda to sleep over tonight since there is no school tomorrow, so I expect to get a call from her mom at some point making sure it's okay with me.  Other than that, we are not doing much.  Depending on when I hear from David, we may get the cat today.  Then we will be able to play with him and see how Siehara reacts to him.  I hope she does not have any allergies to him because he is super cute.  I'll post pics once we have him home.  The only pic I have seen is from when he was a kitten.  

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day today. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views