Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 11/26/10 7:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

I've been awake since 5am.  Why is it, during the week, I have the alarm going off, one of my lights is on a timer so it comes on these dark mornings and instead of getting up I roll over and go back to sleep which makes me late for work.  On weekends the alarm does not go off, no light coming on and I'm wide awake at 5am.....

Yesterday instead of packing up the house as planned I baked instead.  I could not find the twine I needed to tie up my book and there was no way I was heading out to any stores to find some.   I baked a sweet potatoe pie, found some apples I'd forgotten I'd bought to make applesauce so made an apple pie, then with the left over crust (yes, I made extra) I made Gene his favorite cookie - Pie Crust cookies.

Today I'm up and getting ready to start reading for Monday's class.  I have a hair appointment at 8:30am, then Gene and I are off to Jersey to meet some great friends for Brunch....I can't wait to see these wonderful people.  After Brunch will stop at my dad's to take him a winter coat I picked up for him.  After that will probably take him out to eat.

Once we get home more reading to do.  Gene has papers to grade and a cold to continue nursing.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 11/26/10 9:11 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning everyone....

Been up since 6 am when the animals all lost their minds...big cat decided he didn't like being locked out of bedroom...baby Bella kitty decided she wanted to run out the door and Peanut the dog was barking...eeeeeek....lol Needless to say I was awake. :-)

As for me today...unpacking boxes from my move back home...hanging pics...generally organizing the house. Hubby will b fixing belt on my car since it snqapped..eek. Then off to the post office and bank...then home for more unpacking---gotta clear out the back room so I can actually get to my treadmill(oh how I have missed it..lol)

That is about it for me...just generally feeling good and happy and looking forward to enjoying a gorgeous Saturday! Have a great one everyone!!!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/10 9:39 pm
Good Morning,

I am up already took care of my aunt making her breakfast and now just catching up on thngs online. Since I was away then been busy since I have been home. 

Our mini get away was great we pretty much did nothing but relax then once we got home early on Thanksgiving morning our house was wide awake with activity. My family was here for breakfast which my cousins cooked then I made my sides for Thanksgiving got my aunt ready w got her to venture out for the day. We went to our friends for dinner. Yesterday I was up at 2:30am to make my way out to go shopping with my girl Kim. We had a blast we had breakfast then I went out by myself for a spell. Last night we did nothing then just went tio bed early.

TOday I may atttemt to put up my Christmas tree then think we are going to get a little "SOUL"!

Life is good! 
bvohl
on 11/26/10 9:40 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!!

You know Ida, I was asking myself the same question about why I woke up so early this morning? Hubby is off at work and my daughter is at a sleep over so I have the house to myself at least for a little while...I know Monday morning I will NOT want to get out of bed!! I hope Gene feels better soon!

Today, I am going to a Premier Jewelry Party then I need to go to the store to pick up some fixins for turkey pot pies! I have so much Turkey left and I don't want it to go to waste! After that will be laundry and relaxation time! I am going to try to get some exercise in today as well!!

Have a great day!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 11/26/10 9:42 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Ida,
I overslept this morning, and had to rush to get my dog to my sister's and have her drive me to Philly Int'l, as I am heading to Michigan to see my grandchildren.  I am so psyched for this.  I should land in Flint before 1:00, so I will have the rest of the day iwth my Munchkins.  I won't be on much while I am there, as I don't have their Internet on my laptop, and I am going to be busy babysitting a lot, so my eyes must be on them all day.

I am wearing thigh high support stockings and they don't feel bad at all.  I am kind of pleased, as I was dreading them.  I was up late making sure I had everything, and then I could not sleep at first.  Then, my alarm failed to go off at the right time this morning.  Thank God, I automatically got up in time. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 11/26/10 9:45 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Ida... sounds like you have a busy day.

As for us.. we are headed to synagogue for a Bat Mitzvah.  One of the girls Siehara grew up with is the special girl of the day.  I'm hoping we get there.  Siehara woke up feeling nauseous.  She threw up a little, but said she feels better.  She does not have a fever so we are hopefully going to make it.  She is chewing peppermint gum and is in the shower right now.  I emailed my speech to Sarah, just in case.  

This afternoon, we will lay low, especially since Siehara is not 100%.

Tonight is the party for said Bat Mitzvah.  Hopefully, we can go and all will be right with the world.  If Siehara is back to feeling sick, we will just stay home.

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 11/26/10 10:02 pm - Lancaster, PA
Not alot planned today. Nursing my sick cat back to health is stressful so I am engaged in that. More family drama, that I am going to put a stop to. My sister sends me a text and asks if i believe in hell, and if yo ugo there if you commit suicide. when i start to question her she gets *****y and says I was just asking...like I am ridiculous.. the answer to the question is? Nicole doesnt play the game and does not accept drunken text messages. I am done. I hid her and my niece on face book so I cannot see what is going on. Really sick people.

Gonna destress from the drama llamas today
IdaMae D.
on 11/27/10 7:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Nicole;
How is your sick kitty? 
Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 11/28/10 12:15 am - Lancaster, PA
she seems to be doing better today. She is eating and drinking. Screaming at the door to get out of the bathroom so that is a good sign. Her back legs are looking much better too. If I can just keep getting the meds in her, I think she may be doing better soon
IdaMae D.
on 11/28/10 1:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Glad to hear she is improving.  Getting meds into a cat is the worst.  When Hider needs meds it takes both Gene and I and wrapping her in a huge towel....not sure who's affected more her or us after each dose....

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views