Happy Turkey Day

Chopper1
on 11/24/10 7:13 pm
Hi, I wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and here is hoping that we all make great choices.  I am opting out of Turkey today.  Don't want to get caught up in the traditional food and traditional eating patterns.  Going to have beef brisket instead.

Got a call my Mom is in hospital in Florida.  Sounds like she has diverticulitis.  They said she is stable and on antibiotics and pain killers.  I sure hope she will be ok.

Have a wonderful day!!
Geoff 

Patricia R.
on 11/24/10 7:32 pm - Perry, MI
Happy Thanksgiving Geoff.  I aill pray your Mom recuperates rapidly, and does not have too much pain.

It's okay to opt out of Turkey.  My first Thanksgiving as a wife, my husband insisted on spaghetti and pizza.  He did not eat turkey at the time, and he wanted to have something he was thankful for.  Another year, I made him a turkey shaped hamburger.  Not sure what he eats now for Thanksgiving, but I believe he has mellowed out with his second wife.  Fun memories from when we were kids though.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Chopper1
on 11/24/10 7:51 pm
 Thanks and enjoy.  That was cute!!

Maura M.
on 11/24/10 10:30 pm - Yardley, PA
Happy Thanksgiving Geoff,

I'm ensuring that I have options that are friendly - made a SF dessert and am bringing some ham without the sugary glaze.  

am hoping that ll is ok with your mother - Enjoy your brisket -

Maura

spirit56
on 11/25/10 3:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Thanksgiving Geoff.  Today I will have some meatballs, a little bit of turkey and maybe a taste of mashed potatoes.  Actually this year I feel much better about the meal than last year.  My tool works very well and will let me know if my choices are not good.  Hope that your mother is doing okay.  Enjoy the brisket.  Take care.

Donna
Chopper1
on 11/25/10 4:18 am
 Thanks Donna,

They are saying she has pancreatitis and some fluid in the stomach.  They have her on antibiotics and are going to do some tests.  She is in less pain at the moment.

Thanks and have a great day!
Geoff

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views