Thoughts & Prayers PLEASE!

jojobear98
on 11/24/10 8:53 pm - Gettysburg, PA
At approx. midnight last night, while I was at work, I get a disturbing phone call.

My ex-husbands house is on fire. I left work immediately, when I got there, 5 different station were fighting the fire. It was so overwhelming. It may be my ex, but it was the first house we bought, we worked hard to get it, it was my home for 10 years, and the only home my kids have had since they were born.

The scary thing is, it was my ex's scheduled night to have the boys. He called and said he'd like to go out with some friends for Thanksgiving Eve, could the boys stay with me? I said sure, I work through the night but Johnny would be home.

BY THE GRACE OF GOD, no one was home. I can't believe I came so close to losing my sons. And trust me, neither they, or their dad would be here had they been home.

Please pray for my family. Luckily, since my ex and I share 50/50 custody, they have enough things to get through for now, but not nearly enough for everyday. And well, my ex, he has NOTHING.

It pains me to think about the stress he is going through. I don't even know what to do for him. The Red Cross is helping a little but they can only do so much. He will be coming over to our house later today, so Johnny & I can help him go through the paperwork the Red Cross gave him and to try and figure out the next step.

Right now, we are overwhelmed and lost.

Just keep them in your prayers!

If you have prayer chains at your church please add  Jamie, McCoy & Sawyer to the list.

Thanks for reading.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Maura M.
on 11/24/10 10:16 pm - Yardley, PA
JoJo,

I can't imagine how devastating that is.  Thank God he and the boys were not home.  If there are items that you know are needed, please post a listing so that we can all help.  What size clothing does he wear?

Hugs to you and your family - be thankful for life today.

love,

Maura
Maura

Patricia R.
on 11/24/10 10:25 pm - Perry, MI
I am so sorry your family is going through this trial.  I hope your children and ex are able to rebuild, and just thankful that everyone is safe, and unharmed.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 11/25/10 12:10 am - Lancaster, PA
will do sweety. i am so sorry. please let us know if we can  do something. what size does he wear? etc. what a miracle no one was home
lynnc99
on 11/25/10 12:36 am
Jojo, what a horrible event...but I am glad to hear that everyone is safe. Perhaps the best thing right now is to see that you and Johnny are there, steady, and reaching out to help. You certainly are in our prayers!
SPatel4
on 11/25/10 2:04 am - Levittown, PA
Jodi,
I will keep your ex and your boys and your entire family in my prayer. About 2 years ago and which co-incidentally was my first day at my current job my neighbor's house caught on fire.  My neighbor lost his entire house and just last Christmas moved back into his newly build house but it was a very scary time for him and us. My house was damaged on one whole side. That side on the house is where my then 3 year old daughter was napping and my mother-in-law who BTW does not speak English was watching. Thank god my neighbors got my MIL and daughter out as my mother-in-law would not have thought to leave the house as it was bitter cold that day.  I was so scared that day I know exactly what you are going thru but please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We would like to help...

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Lisa H.
on 11/25/10 2:48 am - Whitehall, PA
Jojo, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thank goodness nobody was there. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. Give us sizes and things they like so we can help out. Love to you all.

My tracker

hers 

spirit56
on 11/25/10 3:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Jodi,

So sorry to hear about the fire at your ex-husband's house.  The angels were looking out for your boys and their dad last night.  He is lucky that he has you in his life to help out.  Please know that your family are in my prayers.  The Barix support group meets on Dec. 4th.  Maybe someone there could take up a collection and get the money to you.  Let us know.  I would definetly want to make a donation.  Take care. You definitely have much to be grateful for today.

Donna
jojobear98
on 11/25/10 4:17 am - Gettysburg, PA
Thanks everyone.

No donations are needed. The Red Cross & his insurance company have stepped up already and are helping a GREAT deal.

Thoughts and prayers are appreciated though. "Things" will be replaced over time, but the emotions are the part that I worry about.

Thank you for your support. Jamie is in a tranze right now and I pray he doesn't break down. He is just going through the motions and I don't think it's really sunk in that he will never go home again.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

kgoeller
on 11/25/10 8:27 am - Doylestown, PA
Jo,

Just getting in to this - so sorry to hear about this, but thankful that no one was hurt.  Help him in any way you can to see that he may not be able to go to that house again, but that his HOME is where he is loved and where his family and children are.  Sometimes an event like this can help refocus a family onto relationships and help people value them differently.

If there's anything they need, be sure to let us all know so we can chip in and help!

Hugs,
Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views