My stoma and my insurance plan

Jayne
on 11/23/10 10:02 pm - Swiftwater, PA

I learned that my stoma has dilated and the surgeon's recommendation is a band over the bypass..   However, my insurance plan as dictated by my employer only allows for 1 bariatric surgery per lifetime.  (They view the band over bypass as a separate bariatric procedure rather than a correction of the first procedure.)

Self pay for the BOB is an option for those with an unlimited money supply.  (Not  my situaiton)

So, I'm looking deep within myself to answer some tough questions..  Is it possible for me to get back on track with my stoma and pouch as is ?   Where do I begin this next phase of my journey?  Do I really need the band or some other procedure?

I've met with a metabolic physician who works closely with the surgery team... he states we can work together to get the weight loss back on track.  Att he same time, my chiropractor also offer weight loss support /nutrition and exercise training.  I've also become aware of an alternative procedure to correct the stoma called 'Endoscopic Sclerotherapy For Dilated Stoma'  .. trying to determine if any surgeons in PA/NJ do this.  

Sorry this is long, but I wanted to put everythign down in black and white so to speak.  Of course, any of your thoughts/in puts   are appreciated.

Jayne

Lisa0719
on 11/24/10 10:49 am - PA
good luck jayne in your research.  i'm very interested in what you find out!!!

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views