Gratitude

lynnc99
on 11/19/10 11:38 pm
It's been a bit of a crazy week, and I am giving myself the gift of Saturday morning to recoup and regroup...and catch up with all of you!

With this Thanksgiving holiday approaching (which is one of my favorite favorite holidays, by the way!), my thoughts run to gratitude.

I am thankful for the cir****tances that led me to Barix and to Dr. Pupkova. Even though she is leaving, I have my feet on the ground enough to be confident as I move ahead with a different doctor.

I am thankful for the support community here and at Barix. I have learned so much! Sometimes I wish I were closer, or more able to join in the fun support activities - and sometime I will! - but appreciate each contribution and comment.

I am thankful for the lessons I have learned - and pray for the wisdom to follow those lessons each and every day. Sometimes we learn lessons the hard way, but I know I am in charge of my decisions.

I am thankful for the feelings that go with "successing." Never before have I felt confident about my body the way I do now.

And of course, all the little things. I'm thankful for being able to zip my jeans without laying down....for ribs I can feel....for socks not being too tight on my legs....for NOT having to worry about whether I am the fattest woman in the room.

What are you grateful for this week?
SPatel4
on 11/19/10 11:51 pm - Levittown, PA
Lynn,
I LOVE this post! I am grateful for my health (though it's not 100%) it's on the mend. I am grateful for my family who love me unconditionally. I am grateful for friends I have made as a result of having my inside re-routed. I am grateful for a roof over my head, a job I love, a husband who loves me and my children who keep a BIG smile on my face(though that job is the toughest).

Finally I am grateful for my faith in god and the ability to believe in the good lord that in the end he will take care of everything.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views